User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    I think anybody can succumb to Stockholm Syndrome. You do what you have to to survive. Even someone schooled in psychology can start to identify with her captors. Besides, Lizzie never really used her training except during her internships. But trained as a therapist she can empathize with her clients. Even those who commit heinous crimes. You're trained not to judge. Can be difficult at times, but that's where the empathy comes in.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    I think what your refering to is epigenetics? Your DNA remains pretty much the same except for any mutations caused by incorrect replication. What changes are the genes turned on and off by external factors. How ever as far as her personality is concerned Phenotypic variables have a much larger impact than Genotypical variables. I think living in a crime family and being raped counts as a major enviromental stimulus.
    Yes I have heard Gabor Mate speak of Epigenetics. I would presume the Epigenetic effects occur after birth. But while genes are getting formed and programmed in Utero the mothers Environmental stimulus is also wiring information into the fetus. So the environment plays a role as soon as there is an Environment. The mothers stress levels, sugar levels, fat levels, and all kinds of other things affect the fetus' development. It's pretty amazing how much we know about behaviour and where criminal behaviour and addiction is derived.

To bring this chat back to Scratch, it seems rather obvious that her being tough and cruel affords her respect (or maybe just fear) from those around her. Either way, it's become a mode of survival for her, which is common for criminals. There are times where I see Scratch as this incredibly beautiful expression of feminine power, it's terrifying, but somehow beautiful at the same time.
    Last edited by wh33t; Jul 3rd, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Eeez View Post
    I think anybody can succumb to Stockholm Syndrome. You do what you have to to survive. Even someone schooled in psychology can start to identify with her captors. Besides, Lizzie never really used her training except during her internships. But trained as a therapist she can empathize with her clients. Even those who commit heinous crimes. You're trained not to judge. Can be difficult at times, but that's where the empathy comes in.
    Point well made thank you
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post

To bring this chat back to Scratch, it seems rather obvious that her being tough and cruel affords her respect (or maybe just fear) from those around her. Either way, it's become a mode of survival for her, which is common for criminals. There are times where I see Scratch as this incredibly beautiful expression of feminine power, it's terrifying, but somehow beautiful at the same time.
    I think Scratch has some humanity left inside her. Perhaps, more than we want to give her credit for. A beautiful person who's had to live/grow up in a very difficult environment. Fear = respect. And her gender being a huge disadvantage against her, she's had to be twice as mean. I've always had a weak spot for the bad guys/gals showing their human side. I root for that side to win. They can still have their moments of jerkiness, but I want them to be good people in the end. Even if it kills them.

That said, I do not hold out hope that the zombies realize they shouldn't eat other people. I say shoot 'em in the head.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I think Scratch has some humanity left inside her. Perhaps, more than we want to give her credit for. A beautiful person who's had to live/grow up in a very difficult environment. Fear = respect. And her gender being a huge disadvantage against her, she's had to be twice as mean. I've always had a weak spot for the bad guys/gals showing their human side. I root for that side to win. They can still have their moments of jerkiness, but I want them to be good people in the end. Even if it kills them.

That said, I do not hold out hope that the zombies realize they shouldn't eat other people. I say shoot 'em in the head.
    Aye. Scratch is my favourite female villain. But I admit I can't think of too many. Can you name some?
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Gatherer"

Status
    Megamind! Though, not a female villain.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    My question is, what is Durai so urgent about? I figured it was given that he is not interested in Ft. Irwin. Great episode. I was waiting for a 'Lizzy having twins' drop. I wish i would have watched Family Ties to get the hint. Did anyone figure it out? All I know of the show is, Michael J. Fox is a republican son of hippie parents.

"Lurker"

Status
    once again my procrastination has led to spoiling my come back to the forum. I was all set to document my Kelani theory but i put it off then next thing I know they are reading his Journal and telling his story. (I had everything right except I thought Hannah was his girlfriend. Every single detail was the same as KC wrote it) Then I was going to come back to the forum and declare my love for scratch and her sexy misunderstood self. But Oh no KC cuts me off again and makes scratch a little more sympathetic.

Its my own damn fault for neglecting the forum I guess..... Well no more!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    I agree. I have been thinking what if she is putting on a charade. But five months of being held captive would be so exhausting, just being defiant would be tiring emotionally and physically. That would have to be part of why ANYONE could have Stockholm Syndrome, it would be to exhausting, even more so when you’re in a no way out situation. I doubt Lizzy has any idea where she is or how to get back, she is pregnant and "alone". She probably doesn’t even know that this is where Michael, Pegs, and Kelly went, and they would have never made it out without Victor.

Now on the flip side the only one who could handle this would be someone with military training. Burt would have had SERE training, that's Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape training.
    *just to be clear, I am not in the military my knowledge goes as far as watching Homeland on ShowTime and having a third cousin whose a Military Police Investigator*
    SERE has been around since the Korean War, now Burt may be a little rusty but he HAS the training.
    So I think that Lizzy may have Stockholm, and who can blame her (if there was any Maller I would trust it would be Bricks). But I think Burt may have some tricks up his sleeve.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast