In no particular order:

Dawn of the Dead remake
    28 Days Later (The Finns save the day!)
    Shawn of the Dead
    Zombie Strippers
    Zombieland
    Resident Evil (the first one)
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermatter View Post
    Gotta go with the original Dawn of the Dead, it was filmed at my local mall and I love the the psychological aspects of it. Also there is and Australian movie called Undead that is pretty freaking awesome. It has maybe the best zombie movie character ever (Marion, played by Mungo Mckay).
    Undead was pretty awesome!

I really can't pick just one, but if I'm being forced to... I really loved the Dawn of the Dead remake. Visually it was very pretty to look at.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Steam ID: JusticePain
    28 Days was very good, but I really liked Dead Air and Dead Man Walking the one made in 2005

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Without doubt I would back up the claim of 'Zombieland'. I could watch it over and over. Everything from Bill Murray's cameo, to Tallahassee telling Little Rock that she's royally p!!sed him off and he's not going to play with her at Pacific Playland. Absolutely great movie.
    As a second though, I loved 'Shaun Of The Dead'. What do you do in a Zombie Apocalypse? Head for the pub of course!
    (out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone recalls a low budget Aussie movie called 'Bad Taste', with two guys hunting Zombies in a Ford Capri? Gross but hillarious!)
    Last edited by CaseyJones; Sep 12th, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Here's my list. I kind of lump Zombies & Infection together. I like my Zombie movies to be scary. The humor in Zombieland was awesome though so I had to include that one. I have a tough time with the low budget /Comedy Zombie movies unless I'm really _____....lol

28 Days Later
    28 Weeks Later
    Zombieland
    Dawn of the Dead(Re-Make)
    Land of the Dead (I think I might be the only one who enjoyed this movie)
    Quarintine
    Carriers (Not really a zombie movie but still interesting)
    I am Legend (Didn't like the CG in this but it was still good)
    Crazies (New One)

"Lurker"

Status
    I haven't seen that many, but my favorite is definitely the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Zombie land and 28 Days later are both very very good.
    I'm a big fan of Zombie survival adventure and what not. But I really hate it when the characters act completely illogical just so the plot can progress to a certain life threatening situation.

I'd love to see a zombie movie where the characters are smart and work together to survive. And I know Zombie land sort of does it and that's why I like it. But I'm talking about a serious zombie movie like Dawn of the Dead(remake) but with realistic and logical thinking characters that successfully survive. The movie should focus on the clever things they do build a safe haven or making the rational move by sacrificing a dumb character. The we're alive story goes to mention several survival strategies or practical knowledge and tricks that I'd love to see play out in a movie. We should start having some "smart" survival zombie films instead of just shock and gore along with stupid characters.

"Gatherer"

Status
    In no particular order.

Night of the Living Dead (both)
    Dawn of the Dead (both)
    Day of the Dead (both)
    Zombieland
    Shaun of the Dead
    The Horde
    Resident Evil (all. even the total CGI's)

"Gatherer"

Status
    The Dawn of the Dead remake was a fuckin master piece. Zach Snyder did an amazing job with it. Not to mention DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 IS BEING TALKED OVER!!! And it is a no-shit SEQUEL of the 1st- not a spin off with new 100% new characters.

The way the zombies looked (fresh and decrepit with time) was in my opinion ON POINT- the way they SHOULD look in a movie (as well as real life if it ever happens)

Next would be the French horror- The Horde- surprisingly a great movie- hard for me to say "great" and "French" in the same sentence- but it truly was.

Night of the Living Dead comes in 3rd- George Romero is the shit.

And then the 28 days/weeks later films- pretty amazingly well done- especially weeks

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Man, very little love for the Resident Evil series. I love them all. However 28 days later / 28 weeks later comes in a close second

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast