User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    This is why people were theorizing that it could just be Ink's happy fun time. Or maybe they use it as am tactic for the run of the mill biters to learn the movements of a frightened human to better understand their prey to become more efficient killing machines.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Feb 4th, 2011 at 01:06 AM.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The thing about the scene in the middle of the arena that makes me think "blood sport" is it also reminds me of Interview with a Vampire and the scene in the theater in France. Quick reminder: its where there's a clearly terrified human being stripped onstage and eventually slaughtered onstage by a group of vampires while an unsuspecting audience watches and cheers on because they think its fake.

Obviously the situation in We're Alive is different, but for some reason when that scene happened I immediately thought of that scene. Also of Antonio Banderas as Armand toying with the victim making her think she was safe and then killing her. Samantha calls it herself. They play with their food in the arena.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    i dont see the mindless masses of zombies being able to restrain themselves from biting specifically to keep the human from turning, maybe the smart ones can, but definitely not the normals.
    so maybe this has something to do with the immunity theory?, that there are a few humans out there that are immune to the virus, and the zombies can sense these and take these individuals alive? but once again not enough info to go off of.
    Sorry to say this Ra1th but you just contradicted yourself. If the zombies were unable to restrain themselves from biting or eating the human then how could they take a human captive? Even if the human was immune then the zombies would attack because of their natural instinct without thinking (if they can). And if the smart could restrain themselves (we know they can) then that would mean that the zombies that captured Datu would all have to be smart, which I'm pretty sure weren't.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    The creatures at the arena clearly had orders. Which means they can reason, remember and override their instincts to rip and eat in order to follow those orders.
    This is where my hive mentality theory comes in.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Has anyone considered that Ink mighta been a zombie before the main outbreak? "He was convicted of multiple homicides outside Santa Monica last May". He entered the plea of insanity. That's not a likely plea for mere shankin' and shootin' type homicides. I think it's more likely cannibalism, and he was considered paranoid schizo because - you guessed it - he killed and partly devoured multiple victims. There's more to this guy than just being a smart zombie.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    I think he might be Patient Zero.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Has anyone considered that Ink mighta been a zombie before the main outbreak? "He was convicted of multiple homicides outside Santa Monica last May". He entered the plea of insanity. That's not a likely plea for mere shankin' and shootin' type homicides. I think it's more likely cannibalism, and he was considered paranoid schizo because - you guessed it - he killed and partly devoured multiple victims. There's more to this guy than just being a smart zombie.
    To me what's most remarkable about his plea of insanity is that it was accepted. The insanity defense is one of the hardest to pull off because you have to establish that at the time you commit your crimes you didn't know right from wrong and establishing one's mental state at a specific time in the past is truly impossible. It's whomever's lawyer can afford the best expert witness to convince a jury. So "Ink" must have really had something wrong with him to enter that plea and have it accepted. However, the insanity defense can be used for stabbings and shootings not just weirdly heinous crimes.

I hadn't considered it, but if he had been a zombie before hand and his crimes were committed a year before the story begins the outbreak would have happened a lot sooner. Not saying there's no merit in the theory, it just requires another extra step in the pathology of the virus (if that's what this truly is) and that the virus laid dormant for a year as it spread world wide. If it did lay dormant, that could explain why it unleashed on a global scale all at one time. It might have looked like a flu virus or something innocent like that until everyone's eyes turned glassy...
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    What if he's not a zombie? Maybe he's a really good actor, hence the acceptance of the insanity plea.

Blam, mind = blown.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    What if he's not a zombie? Maybe he's a really good actor, hence the acceptance of the insanity plea.

Blam, mind = blown.
    That would mean that he, as a human being, would need to be capable of surviving a 3 story jump and immediately be able to run away at 89.4 miles per hour from the tower.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    It's not impossible, the brain is capable of great things. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean there isn't someone who can.

Oh, and was that really Ink? Hmm, was it?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast