User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Question SCRATCH, LIZZIE and THE BABY......

Anyone have any opinions of what SCRATCH would have done or behaved if LIZZIE was still with the Colony when she had her baby assuming she survived the childbirth? Anyone think she would have killed LIZZIE?
    Likes bluestarred, Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'd like to say she wouldn't have killed Lizzie, but I also believe in ghosts... so.... there's that.
    Likes Annamarie08, bluestarred liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I don't think she would have killed Lizzie, she would have kept her around for sure. But her being in power, she wouldn't have the time to devote to taking care of the kid.
    Likes Annamarie08 liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked500 Experience Points3 months registered

Steam ID: bluestarred
    Scratch seemed strangely protective of Lizzie. Perhaps she wanted to build herself a little (enforced, unconventional) family unit. Who knows? We just scratched the surface of that chick's backstory in WA. As a therapist I would love to learn more about her motives.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I don't think she would have killed Lizzie, she would have kept her around for sure. But her being in power, she wouldn't have the time to devote to taking care of the kid.
    Not 100% sure about that, @turbo......keep in mind - if she did keep her around....she'd have to allocate a full-time Guardian to watch her at all times....that's A LOT of man power to keep one person in check....and I sort of feel like at the end of the series....when SCRATCH hears Nicholas crying when Pegs and Hope are trying to escape from her.....she mentions how perhaps she'll get everything she wants....it led me to believe she could give a shit about LIZZIE....that the main thing she really wanted - was a baby to fill in the void for the one she gave up.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie08 View Post
    Not 100% sure about that, @turbo......keep in mind - if she did keep her around....she'd have to allocate a full-time Guardian to watch her at all times....that's A LOT of man power to keep one person in check....and I sort of feel like at the end of the series....when SCRATCH hears Nicholas crying when Pegs and Hope are trying to escape from her.....she mentions how perhaps she'll get everything she wants....it led me to believe she could give a shit about LIZZIE....that the main thing she really wanted - was a baby to fill in the void for the one she gave up.
    Understandable, but that is also after the fact of all of Lizzie's people taking over the colony, you heard how close it seemed they were getting, and Bricks was already guarding her, along with other tasks it seemed.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Understandable, but that is also after the fact of all of Lizzie's people taking over the colony, you heard how close it seemed they were getting, and Bricks was already guarding her, along with other tasks it seemed.
    I feel you, @turbo. Honestly, though.....I can't really agree that they were getting close....Lizzie was a therapist....she was trying to break SCRATCH down.....figure her out....and she did get A LOT out of her in which she told no one else....that says A LOT about Lizzie....but, overall, I feel as though SCRATCH was attracted to Lizzie......she had a lot of empathy for her when she was sick, etc......and then when we hear how she behaves with Lizzie when we find out Lizzie is pregnant....was probably one of the most epic scenes for me.....hearing the hurt/pain/anger in Scratch's voice and in her words....if I were Jenna McCombie - I'd feel the proudest from that scene.....it's an extremely difficult part to play when you are playing a character like Scratch....thanks for the comments, @turbo! Love these conversations!!

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:

I completely understand and agree!

But what about Stockholm syndrome? You're probably right in where Lizzie was able to get into their minds, but look at when Bricks died. She was completely devastated.

Jenna McCombie did absolutely amazing in that scene. So much talent!

Always love a good conversation!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Hang on... Bricks died!? What show was I listening to!?
    Likes turbo liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

I completely understand and agree!

But what about Stockholm syndrome? You're probably right in where Lizzie was able to get into their minds, but look at when Bricks died. She was completely devastated.

Jenna McCombie did absolutely amazing in that scene. So much talent!

Always love a good conversation!
    Yes, @turbo, but she reacted that way to Bricks dying because he wasn't a sociopath!! He was a man who felt guilt when he engaged in ruthless behavior - Scratch never did. She reveled in the power and being responsible for people suffering at her hands......Lizzie formed a bond with Bricks considering they were together all the time.....
    Likes turbo liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast