User Tag List

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Since the water has been shut off, the only way vegetation gets watered is rain. I haven't heard any rain or it hasn't been mentioned in the last couple of episodes. It could be the haze but until we get new info I'm going with no regular watering.
    According to the timeline the electrical power grid went out on June 25, which is also the last recorded date on which there was rain (and is actually kind of late in the season for rain in LA). So let's assume that that's the last day that any trees or lawns got water. Saul and Victor made their trip to Ground Zero on August 4. So that means that the plants haven't gotten any water for 40 days during a Southern California Summer. That should be enough to kill every green lawn, and the non-native trees should be pretty sick and withered. I think the palm trees would still be okay.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    According to the timeline the electrical power grid went out on June 25, which is also the last recorded date on which there was rain (and is actually kind of late in the season for rain in LA). So let's assume that that's the last day that any trees or lawns got water. Saul and Victor made their trip to Ground Zero on August 4. So that means that the plants haven't gotten any water for 40 days during a Southern California Summer. That should be enough to kill every green lawn, and the non-native trees should be pretty sick and withered. I think the palm trees would still be okay.
    Very reasonable but there are a few dates since June 25th in which rain could have fallen. There are some "uneventful" days in which the Tower residents simply lived out their lives and we didn't have anything recorded in an episode. For instance, rain may have fallen between July 5th through July 23rd, or July 27th or 28th but we don't actually have any evidence that it did. Just saying it's a possibility.

I do believe that because Saul and Victor (or Sictor as I like to call them) made a special point of mentioning all the trees and plant life was dead or dying that it was in a much worse state than the vegetation they had seen around L.A. The plants of L.A. may be drying out, but the trees they saw were likely dead.

! Or what if the trees are undead? ♫Dun-dun-duuuuuun!!!♫ Carnivorous plant life baby!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Very reasonable but there are a few dates since June 25th in which rain could have fallen. There are some "uneventful" days in which the Tower residents simply lived out their lives and we didn't have anything recorded in an episode. For instance, rain may have fallen between July 5th through July 23rd, or July 27th or 28th but we don't actually have any evidence that it did. Just saying it's a possibility.

I do believe that because Saul and Victor (or Sictor as I like to call them)
    made a special point of mentioning all the trees and plant life was dead or dying that it was in a much worse state than the vegetation they had seen around L.A. The plants of L.A. may be drying out, but the trees they saw were likely dead.

! Or what if the trees are undead? ♫Dun-dun-duuuuuun!!!♫ Carnivorous plant life baby!
    It's VAUL.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Riley It is Satureday...

It is Saturday and I cant wait for MONDAY!!!!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    This evening a Delta Airlines flight from Detroit to Chicago was met on the runway by a team from Homeland Security and the Centers for Disease Control and the passengers were quarantined outside the terminal for three hours. Fox News ran the story as breaking news. I don't know about the rest of you, but I immediately started thinking "Zombies on the plane, zombies on the plane!"

Turns out it was a false alarm. Here's a link to the CDC press release: http://www.cdc.gov/media/haveyouheard/

Attachment 1797
    Zombie Ants are cooler! I think we use these little guys for food color or something.

"Lurker"

Status
    Methane? Could the haze be some sort of modified methane that alters the brain so that whoever breaths it will become crazy cannibals? Just that the first ones to breath it didn't breath the modified part and only the methane...and.. died? I dunno..

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Datu Methane? AND note to creators. Maybe this could be posted in a better place on forum

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic-all View Post
    Methane? Could the haze be some sort of modified methane that alters the brain so that whoever breaths it will become crazy cannibals? Just that the first ones to breath it didn't breath the modified part and only the methane...and.. died? I dunno..

Pegs and Victor were already exposed to it on the way to the Jolly Green Giant when Pegs took her own route...but now you have me thinking, I wonder if that will come into play. I dont really like dissecting the podcast...but I do! Not to the extent of some. HMMM...No telling! I hope Chapter 29 continues to touch on Saul, Vic & CJ (grrrr) and Fort Irwin...I will be happy no matter what tho. Not hearing about Lizzy I am worried she is dead! What use do they have for her now???

Does anybody get like a sudden flash of sadness when you have reached the end of the latest release? I do! I want it to just go on forever!!! I wish I had not known about it until recent! Since 2010 I have had this 'sad spell' of totally excited for release and then so bummed it is over so fast! I cant wait until KC and Shane get paid well for their next adventure...I think the torture (for me..i am an inpatient girl!) will lesson TENFOLD and work will definitely continue to be awesome!!

Which brings me to THIS...I hope nobody hates me for bringing it up...but you KNOW you love it just as much as I!

*******Entire We're Alive crew have put continuous effort into We're Alive for years, for free (well to my knowledge..i just know we as listeners are not required to pay) It makes me sad they have to put out auctions to attend the awards in NY. I would think they would be ready to start making $ with a new project, but we would probably ALL rather start paying for each new episode, opposed to We're Alive being wrapped up quickly for need of pay! (not that you would, obviously you are loving what you do and are passionate about it, but I would think expenses are exponential compared to when you first started We're Alive'. The people involved has increased, the sound quality is amazing and I would think that cost has not been minimal (I am guessing, quality of sound effects are definitely improved compared to when you started....in my opinion.) So I throw this out there...You could make it available ONLY through itunes (that is my choice..hee hee) and charge $.99 for DL (even $1.99 would be fine for 'previous cast' appreciation bonuses or whatever...that price is so reasonable people would have no need to pirate it or share. Just keep Chapters 1-28 free so, 2) it is fair to new listeners 3) listeners are good and hooked and crave it just as we do! 4) characters dont have to leave We're Alive to seek pay. 5) You are getting nominated for awards now and have to travel (that gets expensive!) 6) More of the cast could attend the awards. 7) You can continue putting your time into making 'We're Alive" SO incredibly awesome instead of putting so much time and effort into fundraisers. That brings me to NUMBER ONE...1) YOU DESERVE IT!!! Just let people know (like a little commercial, lol)...we want to make the ending great, and can not be worrying about raising money to attend award ceremonies we have been nominated for...or whatever, so please dont hate for the charge. There is not anything this cool out there and we all know it...for free much less!!! We have been very very spoiled.*******

I hope that made some sense!! Who is with me???

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    *******Entire We're Alive crew have put continuous effort into We're Alive for years, for free (well to my knowledge..i just know we as listeners are not required to pay) It makes me sad they have to put out auctions to attend the awards in NY. I would think they would be ready to start making $ with a new project, but we would probably ALL rather start paying for each new episode, opposed to We're Alive being wrapped up quickly for need of pay! (not that you would, obviously you are loving what you do and are passionate about it, but I would think expenses are exponential compared to when you first started We're Alive'. The people involved has increased, the sound quality is amazing and I would think that cost has not been minimal (I am guessing, quality of sound effects are definitely improved compared to when you started....in my opinion.) So I throw this out there...You could make it available ONLY through itunes (that is my choice..hee hee) and charge $.99 for DL (even $1.99 would be fine for 'previous cast' appreciation bonuses or whatever...that price is so reasonable people would have no need to pirate it or share. Just keep Chapters 1-28 free so, 2) it is fair to new listeners 3) listeners are good and hooked and crave it just as we do! 4) characters dont have to leave We're Alive to seek pay. 5) You are getting nominated for awards now and have to travel (that gets expensive!) 6) More of the cast could attend the awards. 7) You can continue putting your time into making 'We're Alive" SO incredibly awesome instead of putting so much time and effort into fundraisers. That brings me to NUMBER ONE...1) YOU DESERVE IT!!! Just let people know (like a little commercial, lol)...we want to make the ending great, and can not be worrying about raising money to attend award ceremonies we have been nominated for...or whatever, so please dont hate for the charge. There is not anything this cool out there and we all know it...for free much less!!! We have been very very spoiled.*******
    I'm not thrilled by the idea of paying for We're Alive, but the fact is that it would be worth it. I already pay for podcasts that I enjoy less ($2.99 a month for the Jay & Jack Podcasts). I'd pay for We're Alive under either of two circumstances. First, if it meant the difference between the program continuing or ending. Second, if it could help in any way in our getting the episodes faster. Sorry, both very selfish reasons, I know there's a definite fairness issue...the producers and the cast deserve to make money off of this fantastic product too.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well...I do not expect them to come out any faster. I would like them to be longer, but would not we all? KC is set on 4 seasons and he seems pretty firm on it. I was just throwing it out there. I didnt think anybody would 'like' the idea really. I just have oodles of respect 4 them...cool peas! They probably have specific reasons for making it free...But in that I have no clue. I just love it. Chapter 28-2 seems liked a ton was crammed into one and my first thought was 'oh no...they are really getting into tying it all up' and I dont want it to end! lol...that is selfish also..poor We're Alive crew... All these crazy selfish zombie fans!

Never heard of Jay and Jack...what is it about? I am curious now.

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: uuhhhuuu Steam ID: uuhhhuuu
    I'm not thrilled by the idea of paying for We're Alive, but the fact is that it would be worth it. I already pay for podcasts that I enjoy less ($2.99 a month for the Jay & Jack Podcasts). I'd pay for We're Alive under either of two circumstances. First, if it meant the difference between the program continuing or ending. Second, if it could help in any way in our getting the episodes faster. Sorry, both very selfish reasons, I know there's a definite fairness issue...the producers and the cast deserve to make money off of this fantastic product too.
    I wouldn't mind paying if they could turn this in to a video series/anime. would be really cool and worth it.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast