User Tag List

Page 100 of 235 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2341
    "Lurker"

Status
    Hey everybody, My name's Jared. I'm from Connecticut and looking for colleges at the moment, interested in something that requires my artistic abilities, sketching and painting mostly. I'm also into musical theatre, soccer, and countless other things. But anyways I've been listening to We're Alive for more than a year now and I'm loving it! Between this, The Walking Dead, and many other zombie movies and games, I can safely say that zombies are my favorite form of horror entertainment.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hi, 17 if yo ucant tell by the name =p, i love zombie stories and my friend turned me towards the podcast series, i was skeptical but i have a good imagination so i was instantly hooked, i came to these threads to share my ideas and thoeries with some other fans and see if they think similar things =]

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siaxe94 View Post
    Hi, 17 if yo ucant tell by the name =p, i love zombie stories and my friend turned me towards the podcast series, i was skeptical but i have a good imagination so i was instantly hooked, i came to these threads to share my ideas and thoeries with some other fans and see if they think similar things =]
    Welcome, fellow Canuckistanian.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Hi All!! I'm a married mother of one from Oklahoma. I've always loved all things supernatural. Mostly vampire and zombie related. Unfortunatley, I'm the only one in my household that will watch anything with blood or gore, so I usually have to get my fix on the weekends when the hubby and son are out. I work an hour away from home, so I've always listened to audio books. After season 2 of The Walking Dead was over, I was really missing my zombie fix! Someone on TWD forum sugggested We're Alive and I quickly listened to the first episode. I've been hooked from the first word! This looks like a great place to hang out and talk to others that share my love of zombies. I look forward to chatting with you all

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VioletRage View Post
    Hi All!! I'm a married mother of one from Oklahoma. I've always loved all things supernatural. Mostly vampire and zombie related. Unfortunatley, I'm the only one in my household that will watch anything with blood or gore, so I usually have to get my fix on the weekends when the hubby and son are out. I work an hour away from home, so I've always listened to audio books. After season 2 of The Walking Dead was over, I was really missing my zombie fix! Someone on TWD forum sugggested We're Alive and I quickly listened to the first episode. I've been hooked from the first word! This looks like a great place to hang out and talk to others that share my love of zombies. I look forward to chatting with you all
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: erectlocution
    Hi. I'm another recent recruit to the show's audience. A thread on GamersWithJobs.com about The Walking Dead (TV) sent me here.

I remember watching The Night of the Living Dead in 2nd grade, at around midnight, with my mom. I'm not sure what possessed her to watch it, and to include me, but perhaps it was on TV and was at the time still relatively recent (this is approximately 1977-1978, so no VHS). She also thought a snack of oatmeal and toast would be nice. I still recall watching a female zombie eating a dismembered hand and noting how similarly it sounded to my spoonful of oats.

Like many, I'm a fan of The Walking Dead, warts and all. I think We're Alive succeeds over TWD in the humanity of the characters. How often have you noticed Kirkman's characters melodramatically bemoaning how their old world is gone, about how "this world is pitiless," etc.? I get it, and it makes sense: it's an apocalypse. But though Michael, Lizzie, Saul, et al do discuss this, they don't dwell on it as much. They're people; they've got stuff to do.

I started Chapter 1 last Wednesday, I think. By this morning I had hit the wall. I tried listening to some of my other podcasts (gaming), but great as they are I didn't want to be away from the group from The Tower. So I've just restarted Chapter 1.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by muraii View Post
    Hi. I'm another recent recruit to the show's audience. A thread on GamersWithJobs.com about The Walking Dead (TV) sent me here.

I remember watching The Night of the Living Dead in 2nd grade, at around midnight, with my mom. I'm not sure what possessed her to watch it, and to include me, but perhaps it was on TV and was at the time still relatively recent (this is approximately 1977-1978, so no VHS). She also thought a snack of oatmeal and toast would be nice. I still recall watching a female zombie eating a dismembered hand and noting how similarly it sounded to my spoonful of oats.

Like many, I'm a fan of The Walking Dead, warts and all. I think We're Alive succeeds over TWD in the humanity of the characters. How often have you noticed Kirkman's characters melodramatically bemoaning how their old world is gone, about how "this world is pitiless," etc.? I get it, and it makes sense: it's an apocalypse. But though Michael, Lizzie, Saul, et al do discuss this, they don't dwell on it as much. They're people; they've got stuff to do.

I started Chapter 1 last Wednesday, I think. By this morning I had hit the wall. I tried listening to some of my other podcasts (gaming), but great as they are I didn't want to be away from the group from The Tower. So I've just restarted Chapter 1.
    Hey, welcome! Glad to see that my mom wasn't the only one who let her kid watch Night way before she should have!

I find it interesting that our culture has adopted the idea of more than one apocalypse. I blame this on Buffy.

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: erectlocution
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I find it interesting that our culture has adopted the idea of more than one apocalypse. I blame this on Buffy.
    As much as I liked Buffy the few times I came across it, noting its winning formula of humor and humanity, it never really stuck. There's very little that does for me what the Occidental zombie does. Werewolves are mostly just bear + wolf and don't evoke much dread. Vampires? Don't get me started. They're just meth addicts or sociopathically egocentric athletes.

But the zombie? The zombie is something else, mortality incarnate but more than that. The zombie is a means to freedom from layers of pedantry abstracted from our more basic nature. The zombie returns us to the frontier, to the Old West, to a desperate time in a bleak landscape where the only rat race is survival.

"Lurker"

Status
    hello, my name is Lukas, im 15 years old, im from Ohio, and i started listening about december 2011, i found it on zune randomly. thought id give it a try, ive listened thru the whole thing twice so far.

"Scavenger"

Status

Wow. I LOVED Buffy for it's occassionaly creepy characters and apocalypse scenarios, it's crazy humor and it's humanity with the Scooby Gang. But I did not like every ep. Just like I love Freddy Kreuger but not every movie. Same with zombie stuff. What they all have in common? I like being creeped out, highly entertained and occassionally scared. BUT I agree with one thing. I'll take a zombie over a vampire and werewolf any day. However, there is a fight in my soul if you are gonna compare apocalypse scenarios between zombies and aliens. Thats a tough call.

Page 100 of 235 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast