Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
I look at it like this. being an avid reader of "grim/dark" type fantasy, the focus is generally on the perceived bad guys. by the end of the story, you find yourself rooting for the bad guy to get his revenge by the end....flip that tale around, and you have?///???? yup...scratch.

perception is key. that I can agree with.

and in our current scenario with tardust, yea...hes done a buttload of bad shit. but, in his moment of saying "screw this, maybe I can at least live...maybe if they find scratch, take her out....then, then I just have to find a way to slip out and im gone...no more worries" but...now he finds hes in the hands of those he helped break. in my eyes, regardless of his past, this makes him a sympathetic character(in this moment at least).

I don't think I can ever see Tardust as being sympathetic. I don't really care one way or the other if he lives or dies through the next few episodes. I think he's the least interesting character in the story, and nothing more than a plot device used to force a choice within a more important character. The most interesting part of the last episode is the conflict between Riley and Burt, albeit minimal.