User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Tremere View Post
    What about those large storm drains that Buckeroo Banzai walks at the end of the ? Are they are only big channels and are feed by small local drains?
    That would be "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eight Dimension."

the-adventures-of-buckaroo-banzai.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Are there any sewers in California that a person could theoretically even stand in?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    my science advisor, Donatello ninja turtle....says no.
    Actually, maybe...

That basin is actually what remains of the LA River, after it was channelized with concrete by the Army Corps of Engineers after the 1938 flood. I don't know the geography of the region or the total extent of that project, but the channelization of the river wasn't limited to just the LA River, many feeder streams, creeks and washes were part of the project. Some were covered over partially in some areas essentially forming underground rivers. There's one example at the start of the LA river: Arroyo Calabasas between Topanga Canyon Blvd. and Vanowen St.

Then there's the Paicioma wash, it goes underground at Van Nuys Blvd as a storm drain for about a mile or so before it joins up with the Tujunga Wash approximately HERE.

There are also many storm drain discharge points of significant size as well. Here's one such location. Two more.

(I'd scan Google maps for more, but you get the idea and the processor load on my laptop is making it angry.)

Then there's also the Purple and Red Subway lines that were brought up during discussion for Chapter 40; part 2/3 and 3/3.

Plenty places for the skin suckers to hide. I suspect that if this gets brought up in the show as a search location, it's going to get a resounding "Fuuuuuuuuck That" and "D'Fuq's wronwitchu?" from Saul.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Jan 9th, 2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Footbutt liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cringebot View Post
    I actually don't think this is that far fetched.

After listening to CH39 over, I wasn't sure if this was ever brought up;

I think it's in the water. Pegs says they expanded the colony and got a new park near a creek bed for more crops. The water was dirty, but good enough for the crops. Sounds like there was an abundance of crops from that harvest. So could the fresh ground water be contaminated somehow? Something that cannot be detected? Randy also prevents Datu/Glen from fixing the water pump. The air sample or fog is coming from deep down, you need some kind of moisture to steam, even Tanya says she's been unable to detect anything about it.

Randy very well could be helping them. Also, Randy is a mechanic and in CH39 Datu also says he's the mechanic between him and Glen.

There's something else I'm confused about. Randy was referred to as a "Lone Wolf" holding the follistatin raydon bottle and sightings of zombies were low. After Michael chased him down puck refered to it as a possible trap because other zombies jumped out after Randy dropped the bottle. They also said there is a scent they could follow. Now when they get to Raydon it was the smell that attracted them to Roberts office. After Michael and his crew get attacked at Raydon they are bunkered up in a safe house and can hear a bunch of zombies outside and Micheal says they all smelled like chemicals so maybe that's why they couldn't pinpoint their location. Can Follistatin be used as some kind of deterant? They got list and they know that the zombies want it...
    This is a good point.when I was in California L.A had a ton of water main breaks flooding entire neighborhoods this was due to old pipes.what if they were dumping stuff down drains or something of the sort. Lets say an old pipe burst letting all that gas and fumes out built up in the pipes causing a chain reaction.or some one at a construction site got to close to a leaking pipe causing a chain reaction.possibly leading to holding tanks underground. Hope I'm not re hashing anything

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsWell Liked3 months registered

Gamertag: TheShrunkenOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Yeti View Post
    This is a good point.when I was in California L.A had a ton of water main breaks flooding entire neighborhoods this was due to old pipes.what if they were dumping stuff down drains or something of the sort. Lets say an old pipe burst letting all that gas and fumes out built up in the pipes causing a chain reaction.or some one at a construction site got to close to a leaking pipe causing a chain reaction.possibly leading to holding tanks underground. Hope I'm not re hashing anything
    For me I can't see how something in LA is the sole cause of this due to the this affecting other areas like Hawaii. This makes the gas all that more baffling to understand

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrunken View Post
    For me I can't see how something in LA is the sole cause of this due to the this affecting other areas like Hawaii. This makes the gas all that more baffling to understand
    Good point. Something beyond the gas was able to reach Hawaii and even Boulder, CO without the help from the gas or Ink himself.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Jan 10th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They've found canser medicine stuff at Raydon, and Burt's wife died from canser.....
    Connection??
    This has some merit...

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    ... plus: Burt knows about level Raydon Labs personell ...

Since Raydon Labs is located in Downtown LA and Burt's Locked'n'Loaded is abot 10 (+/-) miles away, there needs to be a reason about what gives him the knowledge about such information. Maybe it was because his wife had cancer, maybe because he got medicine provided from Raydon Labs for treating either his alcohol-issues or his "shakes" rooting back into his military career ...

Maybe not even half as reaching as one might guess ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    ^^ For this reason. Burt could have went there to help find a cure for his wife, or for his shakes. But he did recognize that ID badge when it was fairly dark and when he was feeling not so great. It seemed to me at the time he had studied it up close. Maybe he had been there before the outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    If the survivors find Andy Dufresne down there crawling to freedom , then no, probably not.
    That would be Maine.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsWell Liked3 months registered

Gamertag: TheShrunkenOne
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Good point. Something beyond the gas was able to reach Hawaii and even Boulder, CO without the help from the gas or Ink himself.
    It hurts my head trying to think now of how it all connects together. I'm thinking is there something I've missed

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

It hurts my head trying to think now of how it all connects together. I'm thinking is there something I've missed
    Remember when Col. Kimmet described the hot spots to Micheal? He rattled off a list of areas that are prone to earth quakes and/or have volcanoes. L.A., the Bay Area, Oregon, Japan, China and the Philippines. Throw in Hawaii, according to Kalani. The only kink in this idea comes from the TiVo recording, when the reporter mentions the names of cities not known for being geologically unstable, like Houston, Chicago, New York and Detroit. However, the reporter said that it was an update, therefore it may have spread to those areas via rapid transit.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    This has some merit...

^^ For this reason. Burt could have went there to help find a cure for his wife, or for his shakes. But he did recognize that ID badge when it was fairly dark and when he was feeling not so great. It seemed to me at the time he had studied it up close. Maybe he had been there before the outbreak.

That would be Maine.
    ...Merit? That's that metal from LOTR, right? ...No wait, that's mithril... Never mind.
    But yeah, doesn't seem unlikely to me that he would know where his wife got her meds from. Had forgot he had those shakes, a long time since they've been brought up.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Gooer liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Eventually, we will get it all figured out.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Remember when Col. Kimmet described the hot spots to Micheal? He rattled off a list of areas that are prone to earth quakes and/or have volcanoes. L.A., the Bay Area, Oregon, Japan, China and the Philippines. Throw in Hawaii, according to Kalani. The only kink in this idea comes from the TiVo recording, when the reporter mentions the names of cities not known for being geologically unstable, like Houston, Chicago, New York and Detroit. However, the reporter said that it was an update, therefore it may have spread to those areas via rapid transit.
    Not known for geologic instability, but they are seismically active to one extent or another. For one of my very first posts back in my nooblet days, I chased down the seismic activity of the cities mentioned on the TiVo. As the very title of one of the chapters states, It Only Takes One. Just a little bit of whatever escapes to the surface, one person turns and boom, outbreak hotzone.

Now, as I mentioned HERE, it's the as blatantly obvious as a punch in the face seismically active places that seem to have gotten "hit" harder.

I also mentioned that those recent and devastating New Zealand quakes, despite being a known seismically active region, the quakes were actually caused by a previously undiscovered fault line.

Hell, there was an earthquake on 1/9/14 at 10:52 AM in New Bedford MA... just yesterday as I'm writing this. Measuring 1.9 magnitude and centered about seven miles north of the city, one long time resident reported that it was one of the smaller ones they have felt. This isn't even "out of the ordinary," among others recorded, there was the magnitude 6.2 Cape Ann quake in 1755 and a magnitude 7 quake in 1638 that was probably centered in New Hampshire. Article here. (I also seem to remember in my youth reading that there is a fault complex under Boston and Massachusetts Bay that should be able to produce a magnitude 8 quake... but doesn't. Is acting dormant/extinct... but all appearances look like it shouldn't be.)

This should underline that, while there are many areas that are more obvious in their activity, quakes can occur everywhere. The crust is literally shattered with fault lines. Active, extinct, dormant and/or waiting to be discovered... they're everywhere.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Jan 11th, 2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Grammar
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast