User Tag List

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    Here's how I imagine the Raydon Labs situation unfolded:

Either: some news of the sorts of experiments going on there gets out into the public domain
    OR: some news of some connection to a hated serial killer (either Bill Roberts himself works there or Dr WI Roberts is family who has been performing some sort of experiments which triggered Bill's behaviour or are aimed to reverse it) gets out into the public domain

Angry mob of people protest at the lab. They graffiti the walls, there are some scuffles, that sort of thing. Raydon continues operating but goes into lockdown mode.

The protesting calms down, maybe some people are arrested etc... The graffiti is covered up.

Then, at some point, some incident occurs in Dr Robert's office. The whatever it is is locked into his office, and the police show up, seal off the area with police tape, and a stand-off occurs. The "something" breaks out of the office, and, using the technical phrase: All hell breaks loose. The police and other Raydon staff get attacked, bitten, some turn, some escape then turn then infect everyone else, and the rest is history.
    Quick thought on the still-in-place police tape:
    During Ink's trail - right at the end - it was revealed that W.I. Roberts had some sort of connection to what Bill Roberts was doing (taking the tach that W.I. and Bill are different people here). Police go to investigate. They declare it a crime scene and put up the police tape. To prevent tampering before the crime scene unit can come, a separate padlock is put on the door to prevent any Raydon employees with a key from messing with stuff. This is Zday minus 1.

Fast forward almost a year, Randy has an address and a shipping list (reason currently unknown). R goes to Raydon Labs, gains entrance, finds office area, begins tossing the joint looking for the things on his list. Comes to W.I.R. office (random chance or he recognizes the name?), laughs at useless padlock as he rips the door off. R grabs what he wants, tosses it in a bag and heads out.

Later that day, Team Human Troopers show up at Raydon sniffing around. Team Zombie Troopers show up shortly after them.

Why were the Little Ones there? Did Randy tell TOWTM about his run in and the dropped bottles? Did TOWTM have some sort of surveillance on the place to know that Randy and/or Michael's team were there? Did the damn gun truck make enough noise to draw the attention of any zombie within half of LA so that Michael and Co were a breeze to follow? (Let's face it, the idea of being quiet seems to have gone out the window in Season 4)

Questions, questions, questions.... And only Kc with the answers...

Is it Monday yet? (No, the Monday after that...)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    Here's how I imagine the Raydon Labs situation unfolded:

Either: some news of the sorts of experiments going on there gets out into the public domain
    OR: some news of some connection to a hated serial killer (either Bill Roberts himself works there or Dr WI Roberts is family who has been performing some sort of experiments which triggered Bill's behaviour or are aimed to reverse it) gets out into the public domain

Angry mob of people protest at the lab. They graffiti the walls, there are some scuffles, that sort of thing. Raydon continues operating but goes into lockdown mode.

The protesting calms down, maybe some people are arrested etc... The graffiti is covered up.

Then, at some point, some incident occurs in Dr Robert's office. The whatever it is is locked into his office, and the police show up, seal off the area with police tape, and a stand-off occurs. The "something" breaks out of the office, and, using the technical phrase: All hell breaks loose. The police and other Raydon staff get attacked, bitten, some turn, some escape then turn then infect everyone else, and the rest is history.
    I'm thinking Bill Roberts was caught, convicted, etc, etc......

Now if you listen to the DVR recording it says that his insanity plee was accepted. Maybe the whole entire time he was locked up and whatnot he wasn't saying anything........... So Raydon Labs continued to operate like normal. Perhaps part of his plee being accepted was that he had to give up information. This information would have gotten to the authorities a few days before they made it public knowledge(the DVR recording).

This theory would allow Raydon Labs to stay operating the entire time, and then maybe 3-4 days before the Explosion the police showed up, kicked in the door to a locked office, and put up the police tape. If Raydon Labs was doing nothing wrong the whole time, and it was only William I Roberts that was doing things behind the scenes there would be no reason to shut down the whole company. This would also explain why the "smart one" would still have a Raydon Labs ID.

*** seems me and scbubba has very similar ideas at the same time...... scary! ***
    Last edited by Gnex; Nov 7th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

After watching the TiVo of the news broadcast, the survivors went looking through other apartments to see if there were any more like it. Nothing was mentioned of this again and both the tower and TiVo, have been reduced to ruble. BUT, Dunbar is a bigger tower and still standing. Follow me? For those who don't, there might be other DVRs in Dunbar with info on the trial. Maybe a trip to the court house so Kelly to get a look at some court records.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I'm thinking Bill Roberts was caught, convicted, etc, etc......

Now if you listen to the DVR recording it says that his insanity plee was accepted. Maybe the whole entire time he was locked up and whatnot he wasn't saying anything........... So Raydon Labs continued to operate like normal. Perhaps part of his plee being accepted was that he had to give up information. This information would have gotten to the authorities a few days before they made it public knowledge(the DVR recording).

This theory would allow Raydon Labs to stay operating the entire time, and then maybe 3-4 days before the Explosion the police showed up, kicked in the door to a locked office, and put up the police tape. If Raydon Labs was doing nothing wrong the whole time, and it was only William I Roberts that was doing things behind the scenes there would be no reason to shut down the whole company. This would also explain why the "smart one" would still have a Raydon Labs ID.
    Good, but the only problem is that Raydon Labs isn't fill with gases like Englewood. How would the "smart one" changed at the lab? CJ said even the turned avoid going toward the gases, nothing could live in it. Another question isn't the Randy raid of Raydon Labs recently?
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    After watching the TiVo of the news broadcast, the survivors went looking through other apartments to see if there were any more like it. Nothing was mentioned of this again and both the tower and TiVo, have been reduced to ruble. BUT, Dunbar is a bigger tower and still standing. Follow me? For those who don't, there might be other DVRs in Dunbar with info on the trial. Maybe a trip to the court house so Kelly to get a look at some court records.
    Odd, that no one can find a newspaper or something in written, right?
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    But then, why would anyone of the characters be looking yet?

The characters haven't made any connections between these things YET. Robbins and Puck recognized something about the name William Roberts. Saul almost remembered something about the name Raydon Labs. Maybe we are getting close to having a few of these things that have been dangling out there come together as the characters start seeing what we, the omniscient listeners, have been seeing....

Then I bet somebody wants a newspaper or another DVR'ed news show....
    Likes Gnex, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

What I find very fascinating is the leap in deduction that Micheal & co. make in assuming that they found something important involving the zombies. Zombies, in which the smartest, up to this point, have only been clever enough to duck when shot at, utter one-word sentences, and set Wile E. Coyote like traps by laying trackers on top of paper-covered holes in the ground. By stumbling onto a zombie carrying a bag of chemicals, they entertain the idea that the stammering, grunting, brutish, man eating, pants pooping Zs are doing something with the chemicals, even though, the normal people can't even pronounce the words on the labels.
    "pants pooping" - why, oh why did it take me so long to think of the reason why the zombies smelled like poo was this simple fact? Gah! Everybody poops. Even TOWTM.

do Smart Ones crap their pants too? or do they have enough smarts not to shart?
    Likes Unit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    It probably hasn't occurred for them to look for one yet. The s.h.t.f. so quickly that I doubt anything went to print before the presses were stopped. They wouldn't likely look for anything on the day before while fighting for life & limb. But they might start looking at News Papers NOW. That just might be a better and more readily available source of info on INK, than the TiVo idea.
    Someone should get KC to pass this on to Micheal.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    But then, why would anyone of the characters be looking yet?

The characters haven't made any connections between these things YET. Robbins and Puck recognized something about the name William Roberts. Saul almost remembered something about the name Raydon Labs. Maybe we are getting close to having a few of these things that have been dangling out there come together as the characters start seeing what we, the omniscient listeners, have been seeing....

Then I bet somebody wants a newspaper or another DVR'ed news show....
    Just a bit odd, with all the runs, for food or ammo, no one pick up a newspaper or a mag with info on this. I would think even CJ would seen something in a newspapers article about Raydon Labs.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    It probably hasn't occurred for them to look for one yet. The s.h.t.f. so quickly that I doubt anything went to print before the presses were stopped. They wouldn't likely look for anything on the day before while fighting for life & limb. But they might start looking at News Papers NOW. That just might be a better and more readily available source of info on INK, than the TiVo idea.
    Someone should get KC to pass this on to Micheal.
    I was think at least the court case or Raydon would at least been in the paper for a while. Even a pic of Roberts.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast