User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I'm a fan of CJ being on the show but the character is my "most unliked". What?
    That is, the character is written to be controversial and abrasive. CJ is well written and Constance does an incredible job acting CJ. So when I say that CJ is my "most unliked" character, I'm not saying I wish she wasn't on the show or that I don't like her in the show. It's really a testament to Kc and Constance that CJ elicits such an emotional reaction from many listeners.

If that makes any sense at all, I'll be surprised.

Now, off to listen the interview (and probably several episodes of the fancast)....

I have a love/disgust type of feeling towards CJ. At times she's one of my favorite characters, smart, driven, takes charge, feisty, vulnerable at times, beautiful sexy voice.... Then when things get personal for her she overreacts. Falls in love at the drop of a hate, then hates your guts as soon as the hat gets dirt on it. Manipulative, and an expert liar. She is well written and expertly portrayed. Kudos for KC and Candice Parng. Someone on the forum (Grognaurd?) said that she has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), which I couldn't agree with more. You can fall in love with her or be awed by her strong traits and easily become manipulated.

It's like, I love her character soooo much, then she does something completely whack and I'm disgusted or ashamed. Like finding out your kid has been bullying younger children for their lunch money or your hero is at times a villain.

CJ, I just cain't quit you.

XOXO Witch Doctor
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Oct 17th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, MickGinger, scbubba, Grognaurd liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I love this podcast. Mick and Redbeard have gotten three VERY enthusiastic interviews in such a short time of being on the internet. They're not WA gurus (so I find myself screaming at my iPod things like, "No No No, Micheal didn't say that, Angel did!!!") but they don't pretend to be, either. So, if you're not a WA scholar you won't get lost when theories that have been hashed out in the forum for 3 years are mentioned as if they're common knowledge. There's something for us diehard Journal Readers and something for the casual listener. Also, they have perspectives of things not covered in the forums, and their humor is TOP NOTCH! "Burt and Glen competing for grumpiest old man in the Colony.", "CJ was knocking on everybody's door that morning."

Plus, they've been consistent with their publishing schedule. Thursdays have become my We're Alive Hump Day. (Ew, that makes me sound like a necrophile)
    Do yourself a favor and check out these guys, if you haven't already.
    Likes Litmaster, MickGinger, scbubba, Grognaurd liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

I am simple. This cracks me up everytime! Woop Woop!
    Likes MickGinger, 7oddisdead, scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

I am simple. This cracks me up everytime! Woop Woop!
    3vct2o.jpg
    Likes Red Shirt, MickGinger, scbubba, Grognaurd liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    "Hump..."

:: Newt got my tongue ::
    Likes scbubba, MickGinger, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Finally listened to the whole interview with Candice Parng. OMG! My nerd heart is a pounding. Plus she sounds like a diehard WA FAN! I bet she could hold her own on the forum with the likes of Grog, SCBubba, Liam, YABC, Lit, 7odd and the rest.
    Likes MickGinger liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I just listened to the whole interview while making & eating breakfast. Good interview!

One thing I observed about Constance Parng: She. Talks. A. Lot. Wow. About 30 minutes in, I started having this weird feeling like I was eavesdropping on some couple's first date! Nevertheless, a good interview and I look forward to more from these guys.

Lit

p.s. Sorry, Constance... but C.J. is still a bitch! Love ya! XOXOXOXO!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

All right. I've listened to the interview, composed myself thoughts, and returned to this thread. Let me state--for the record...

Seriously though . . . I loved that interview. Loved. It. Have listened a few times now, but the sad part is just when it gets really interesting it ends. I could have listened to her talk about space until my brain exploded. She really should just record herself talking and post it for us. Or just for me.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I wonder: Would it be kind of cool, awesome, or at least ok to honor this WA-fan-thing an own section on this forum - like WND has?
    Likes Witch_Doctor, MickGinger, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    I wonder: Would it be kind of cool, awesome, or at least ok to honor this WA-fan-thing an own section on this forum - like WND has?
    The same thought occurred to me. I second the motion!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, MickGinger liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast