User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Been Listening To Unkillable By Patrick E. McLean (Have His Name Stuck In My Head Now..)
    I'm About Half Way Through And Its Not Bad.

http://podiobooks.com/title/unkillable/
    Unkillable is the story of a young man who is cruelly murdered then brought back from the dead to
    revenge himself. The kicker is: He’s not really alive. He can be hurt, he just can’t be killed.
    Last edited by Cadarn Kraz; Nov 25th, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Ok, maybe someone here can help. What I'd like to listen to is a zombie apocalypse type podcast or audiobook, but told from a zombies perspective. Been reading Warm Bodies, since the movie is coming out soon, but haven't been able to find any podcast that would be similar. Oh, and it needs to be free.

"Lurker"

Status
    Sorry Mate, Can't Find Any That Are Free.. I Did Find Three Through..

1. Zombie, Ohio
    2. Brains: A Zombie Memoir
    3. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

Hope Some one Else Can Find Something For You.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cadarn Kraz View Post
    Sorry Mate, Can't Find Any That Are Free.. I Did Find Three Through..

1. Zombie, Ohio
    2. Brains: A Zombie Memoir
    3. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

Hope Some one Else Can Find Something For You.
    Breathers is a fantastic book. Absolutely loved it. As for other casts or books that center around a zombie's perspective? I honestly can't think of anything beyond what you've listed. Surprisingly, not a huge zombie book fan.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Listening to The Leviathan Chronicles right now, not zombie related, but still finding it entertaining

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidWolf View Post
    Listening to The Leviathan Chronicles right now, not zombie related, but still finding it entertaining
    Saw on Facebook that Christoff and the gang are down in Texas right now putting the finishing touches on Season 2... finally.

I think his plan is to release the entire Season 2 at once as a paid product, then release each episode for free in installments. I'm also re-listening to Season 1 just to remember what the hell happened. I kind of like the more 'literary' narrative style of Leviathan; it is more like a book whereas 'We're Alive' is more like a movie. I think Kc would have been better served with more narration during some of those complex fight scenes... Leviathan seems to get it right with the narrative voice-over giving the 'play by play' of the action, which we hear via sound effects underneath.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    I listened to the first season of the Leviathan Chronicles and it was ok I guess. However I couldn't manage another listen through when I tried and since then I've not really followed it.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Saw on Facebook that Christoff and the gang are down in Texas right now putting the finishing touches on Season 2... finally.

I think his plan is to release the entire Season 2 at once as a paid product, then release each episode for free in installments. I'm also re-listening to Season 1 just to remember what the hell happened. I kind of like the more 'literary' narrative style of Leviathan; it is more like a book whereas 'We're Alive' is more like a movie. I think Kc would have been better served with more narration during some of those complex fight scenes... Leviathan seems to get it right with the narrative voice-over giving the 'play by play' of the action, which we hear via sound effects underneath.
    i have to disagree here, KCs style is perfect for what it is intended to do, create suspense. when you're listening to a fight scene and your eyes are wide as sit leaning closer to the computer or ipod (as if that will allow you to hear through your headphones better) and you're biting your nails trying to distinguish who exactly is doing what, and it all comes together when you hear the characters talking at the end

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

What you describing is an audio book with voice acting. Reaper is right about the action, it wouldn't be half as nerve racking if you knew what was going on.
    The best part of WA is how it engages you in the action. Feeling as though your present gives you more empathy for the characters.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i have to disagree here, KCs style is perfect for what it is intended to do, create suspense. when you're listening to a fight scene and your eyes are wide as sit leaning closer to the computer or ipod (as if that will allow you to hear through your headphones better) and you're biting your nails trying to distinguish who exactly is doing what, and it all comes together when you hear the characters talking at the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    What you describing is an audio book with voice acting. Reaper is right about the action, it wouldn't be half as nerve racking if you knew what was going on.
    The best part of WA is how it engages you in the action. Feeling as though your present gives you more empathy for the characters.
    Look, fellas... I'm the last guy you need to be defending 'We're Alive' from. I absolutely think that WA is the premier audio drama being published nowadays, and is unquestionably atop the heap of the other audio dramas out there.

I also agree with you insofar as the narrative effect that Kc achieves by withholding some information...
    SPOILER 

But I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit more narration...especially with parts like
    SPOILER 

which were a bit hard to visualize because of the absence of narration.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast