User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    I can't accept that. Kc has stated that things are planned far in advance and from a storytelling perspective, it would invalidate so much that the story would not and could not feel complete without some closure. But the problem lies in that Scratch could show up and give a whole diatribe about her ring and the families and the rest of the characters would just shrug their shoulders and shoot her in the face.
    I felt from the beginning that their was some sort of religious or mystical connection to the outbreak (and possible subtle hints could be in the characters names - Saul, Michael, John and perhaps it's a bit on the nose, but 'Angel' and some of the chapter titles) and frankly, the rapid mutations just aren't possible in purely scientific terms (as well as the fact that a schizophrenic serial killer suddenly has knowledge of advanced genetic engineering doesn't sit well with me), as rapid cellular changes on a macro level would be accompanied by intense heat and millions of calories burned in an instant.
    My bets are hedged on Scratch having a personal connection with Ink - a family member perhaps?
    EDIT: Gosh, it just hit me - even the name 'Scratch' is a clue. Scratch = devil (albeit a devil with a voice like finely spun silk).
    Even though KC has mentioned that religion plays little into the story, I believe there are symbols abundant. Check out what I found about about some of them...
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ll=1#post42498
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    What if he's right and wrong?
    I KNEW IT!! Quantum Zombies!!!! This has NEVER been done in Zombie fiction. Schrodingers Cat (Mr. Whiskers) is UNDEAD in a box. Kc, you're a genius.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    What if he's right and wrong?
    Damn you for poking the beast and keeping me going down this road now......

I'm going to take the less-work-for-my-brain approach and say, if he's right AND wrong, then I think my hypothesis is a somewhat accurate description of their capable temperament. Either only listening to one Z, and like a beast off its leash otherwise, OR only plays well with a particular type of Z, either being an Ink equivalent, or Inklings.

That's broad, but it's all I'm willing to allow my brain to compute until further information, because I've just been wrong way too damn much. And for that, Kc, I thank you.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I KNEW IT!! Quantum Zombies!!!! This has NEVER been done in Zombie fiction. Schrodingers Cat (Mr. Whiskers) is UNDEAD in a box. Kc, you're a genius.
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Witch_Doctor again"......
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Witch_Doctor again"......
    Same here....

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    In some circles, that would be something of a love/hate relationship.
    it is in the sense that i love to hate her, though i would absolutely not miss her in the story at all, except that i would because then i would have no one at which to direct my ire.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Might just be my hearing, but did Scratch make off with CJ's katana at around 2:46?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Damn you for poking the beast and keeping me going down this road now......

I'm going to take the less-work-for-my-brain approach and say, if he's right AND wrong, then I think my hypothesis is a somewhat accurate description of their capable temperament. Either only listening to one Z, and like a beast off its leash otherwise, OR only plays well with a particular type of Z, either being an Ink equivalent, or Inklings.

That's broad, but it's all I'm willing to allow my brain to compute until further information, because I've just been wrong way too damn much. And for that, Kc, I thank you.
    So, as to draw this whole thing out.... CJ sounds like she's either gonna be an amputee, or dead. I think either way, the reason she couldn't die at the hands of scratch is she's the only one, besides michael, able to ID Randy, so without her confirmation, he's just a PROWM (See my previous post for acronym, and I stand by it). So she's going to stay alive at least long enough to see this dude and ID him. She could still live, but that would give her some great soliloquy to go out on, upon seeing him.

Also, based on Kc's antagonizing of 'maybe skittles is right AND wrong".....and his "the only thing I can say is there is a time lapse at the end"....perhaps Randy is organizing an attack, and following Glenn....when a few Behemoths catch wind of the mobile army, and we end up with a 3 (potentially 4) front war.

Randy et al attacking colony, Behemoths attacking anything that moves, Colony defending itself, and Scratch with minimal task force, or alone, observing and deciding to re-infiltrate. This puts Scratch back in the story-line, but I'm not sure where to theorize beyond that. Perhaps she somehow ends up in a mutually shared vehicle heading out of the colony as Glenn tries to fix the radio with Saul/lizzie/Victor/Burt in the back radioing for help from Michael on the road away from a colony slaughterhouse....? I dunno, i've gone too far, theorizing a resolve between Scratch and anyone, even in the face of impeding Zeds, seems too far a stretch now that she's pretty much pushed EVERYone too far....

Still, I stand by the beginning stuff
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I can't accept that. Kc has stated that things are planned far in advance and from a storytelling perspective, it would invalidate so much that the story would not and could not feel complete without some closure. But the problem lies in that Scratch could show up and give a whole diatribe about her ring and the families and the rest of the characters would just shrug their shoulders and shoot her in the face.

I felt from the beginning that their was some sort of religious or mystical connection to the outbreak (and possible subtle hints could be in the characters names - Saul, Michael, John and perhaps it's a bit on the nose, but 'Angel' and some of the chapter titles) and frankly, the rapid mutations just aren't possible in purely scientific terms (as well as the fact that a schizophrenic serial killer suddenly has knowledge of advanced genetic engineering doesn't sit well with me), as rapid cellular changes on a macro level would be accompanied by intense heat and millions of calories burned in an instant.

My bets are hedged on Scratch having a personal connection with Ink - a family member perhaps?

EDIT: Gosh, it just hit me - even the name 'Scratch' is a clue. Scratch = devil (albeit a devil with a voice like finely spun silk).
    In my humble opinion not everything needs to be connected with them zeehs. It would be nice to see a connection between Scratch <-> Family <-> Ink/ Zombies/ whatnot ... This was part of some debate on this forum.
    But I just don't see this link (anymore). The family was important for three characters only so far - Scratch, Angel, and Durai. Two of them are dead. On this show there was never ever anyone else (except for the late Latch, who actually never made a statement about the family ...) who spoke about it or acted on behalf of Family-rules. So by now I say: topic closed.
    But: I may be wrong - wouldn't be the first time; and with a complete season to go, there is plenty of room for more surprises out of the box ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Anyways, yea, a few people have pointed out instances of skittles being wrong....I still think they'll be much like a caged beast, in which they listen to their 'master' (being Randy/Ink or the like) but in the heat of a battle...have the potential to attack their own kind (normal Z's) when let off the leash (so to speak)
    He is wrong about those Behemoths being under control and/ or roaming with bands of zeehs ... But he may be right at least about those one being solitary on the move. From what I understood so far about the zeehs, they don't act like one people or population; but they seem to be more kind of scattered in smaller and bigger, groups or even solitary, and all of that without following a specific plan or order. That is why I have no trouble considering some Behemoths being solitary with no other zeehs around, while other Behemoths are part of various packs.

Kc's "maybe right and wrong" seems to support ideas like this ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast