User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Oh, well, I felt that the dialogue between Saul and Victor was bang on the money, it was very fluid and natural and the only reason I think about it at all is because it has been brought up here.

I guess we all do see things differently, or hear them in this case, but for me, this episode was pretty much flawless in terms of writing and execution. Really enjoyed it.
    I thought the dialogue was right on the money and natural too. In regards to Fernando I did originally think it crossed the line because I very clearly remember his reaction to his death. Then when you sit with it a while longer you realize what I said above: He's known Saul longer and this conversation doesn't bother him so they've obviously gone down that road before.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I was wondering why Victor was okay with the Fernando jokes, but that was only because I had been secretly thinking Fernando was his brother. I do now feel that Victor just needed time to go through the stages of dealing with the loss of a friend. He's spent more time with Saul now, and probably been able to bond better seeing as how it's just been him, Saul, and CJ for the passed few months as opposed to a Colony full of hundreds of different faces.

It's like in that crap MTV show The Real World (ironic name if you ask me) when you force people to be together for prolonged periods of time they have to hash out their crap and eventually form this unbreakable bond. We saw what it was like early on for Victor and Saul and now we see what it has become. Victor and Saul have the bromance.

When Saul was singing his altered version of Mandy to Victor, one with deep insight on the workings of male brotherhood could interpret Sauls lyrics. They were: "Hey Victor, tell me it isn't what it was with Fernando. Tell me what we have is real and true. It's me and you, and I'll kick your balls...if you want me to." Soccer balls, just for clarification.

I am very curious about Victor's past, but knowing how he feels about everything from his past or why it happened isn't something I can expect to have laid out for me. I'm divorced and had a lot of anger towards my ex-wife, but I had to get over that shit. When people ask me about it, I reply very much like Victor did, without giving them an explanation as to why I feel that way. Some things, no matter how close you are with folks, you just prefer to keep to yourself.

As for the whole homophobic thing, I dunno. It offends some folks and that sucks, but the truth is, I kid around with my friends like this, in the company of our gay friends. Hell, my gay friends joke like that with us! But that's the way the world is; it's populated with all walks of life who are infinitely complex. But having listened to KC's writing I see that he does a damn fine job of making sure his characters have motive. There's a reason folks do everything, and this little bit of banter reveals what type of relationship Victor and Saul have. To me, that relationship was just portrayed as brotherly. Some folks may see it different. I'm also sure there was motive behind CJ's actions. We'll just have to be patient and see how everything plays out.

San Dimas High School Football Rules!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Just a quick response to the comments made; I stand by what was written. I made sure with all intent that Saul never used the word "gay" in any derogatory sense as if there was something wrong with it, because there's not. This was a scene of two guys who have reached a level of comfort and companionship that they can push each other and give the other one a hard time. They went from slicing and dicing, to kidding around with each other. The dialogue of two guys "busting each other's balls", is just that. Guy-banter. Can I explain guy-banter? Not like I can for what "MOS" stands for. That's technical, this is more personal. This sort of dialogue can be cut out of typical male heavy military unit, like the one that Saul was in before. You, as a listener might not be familiar with how soldiers talk to each other in the barracks, but maybe now you do. It's very typical.

It also showed a comradery that CJ never experienced because she didn't spend as much time in the field as them. Hense the "oh yeah, you wouldn't know because you were never out there with us..." These are instances of me trying to be economic in the writing and tell as much as possible in very little time, and to fill in the gaps of the time we didn't have with them. They lived those moments, even though we didn't get to see them.
    Same goes for Victor's line about his wife. The fact that he said something now, and has rarely talked about it, tells us more than if he did all the time. He may call her a bitch, but who knows if he means it. It's not meant to be derogatory towards women in general, just how he responds to his ex-wife which we presently know nothing about.

I treat people's sexual preference in the story as if they shouldn't be a big deal. Yes, Gatekeeper is gay, but so what? It doesn't change how he does things in the story, or acts. He didn't even let it effect him in his job of inspecting people while they are naked. It's such a non-issue, and I treat it as thus.

I think that covers all the bases for now. Carry on-

"Gatherer"

Status
    Ah, KC. I'm sorry you felt to need to defend your work. I thought a majority of the comments on here covered things. It seemed everybody understood the content for what it was.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Eeez View Post
    Ah, KC. I'm sorry you felt to need to defend your work. I thought a majority of the comments on here covered things. It seemed everybody understood the content for what it was.
    It's just been one of those days, what can I say.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I was wondering why Victor was okay with the Fernando jokes, but that was only because I had been secretly thinking Fernando was his brother. I do now feel that Victor just needed time to go through the stages of dealing with the loss of a friend. He's spent more time with Saul now, and probably been able to bond better seeing as how it's just been him, Saul, and CJ for the passed few months as opposed to a Colony full of hundreds of different faces.

It's like in that crap MTV show The Real World (ironic name if you ask me) when you force people to be together for prolonged periods of time they have to hash out their crap and eventually form this unbreakable bond. We saw what it was like early on for Victor and Saul and now we see what it has become. Victor and Saul have the bromance.

When Saul was singing his altered version of Mandy to Victor, one with deep insight on the workings of male brotherhood could interpret Sauls lyrics. They were: "Hey Victor, tell me it isn't what it was with Fernando. Tell me what we have is real and true. It's me and you, and I'll kick your balls...if you want me to." Soccer balls, just for clarification.

I am very curious about Victor's past, but knowing how he feels about everything from his past or why it happened isn't something I can expect to have laid out for me. I'm divorced and had a lot of anger towards my ex-wife, but I had to get over that shit. When people ask me about it, I reply very much like Victor did, without giving them an explanation as to why I feel that way. Some things, no matter how close you are with folks, you just prefer to keep to yourself.

As for the whole homophobic thing, I dunno. It offends some folks and that sucks, but the truth is, I kid around with my friends like this, in the company of our gay friends. Hell, my gay friends joke like that with us! But that's the way the world is; it's populated with all walks of life who are infinitely complex. But having listened to KC's writing I see that he does a damn fine job of making sure his characters have motive. There's a reason folks do everything, and this little bit of banter reveals what type of relationship Victor and Saul have. To me, that relationship was just portrayed as brotherly. Some folks may see it different. I'm also sure there was motive behind CJ's actions. We'll just have to be patient and see how everything plays out.

San Dimas High School Football Rules!
    Right now, Victor and Saul are the only family left to one another. They been through alot and don't forget that not even 5 mins earlier Saul was fight off a zombie to help CJ. I see Saul blow off steam in his our way by remove himself and have some fun with Victor. Next they are involve a situation with CJ that they have never exp before. Yes, brotherly relationship have different ways of deal with stuff. Even Saul was surprise about Victor's ex but want to be supportive and Victor was just happy to share with him.

(Opps wrote this moments after KC answer)
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Jul 19th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Buck up, camper.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Killjoy: "I'm mad because Kc isn't more pro-gay."
    Who cares if he's pro-gay or not? The fuck does it matter? Good God, some people are fucking bitchy for the sake of it. I should start bitching that I don't feel as though not enough carpenters are being represented. Shit what about trannies? Why aren't there any fucking trannies on the show, Kc? What's up with that?

I call bullshit on it.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

P.S. For the record, I'm not a tranny carpenter. Just a normal carpenter. I just think trannies are fun.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Yeah, carpenters are not getting the respect here. Who do you think built the wall for the Colony, people?

You may get you "trannie" if Victor has to dress up in disguise when he sneaks into the Colony.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast