User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    That makes perfect sense, but I think there are two factors that could change those calculations.

First, there are tantalizing hints that all is not well in the Colony. Water is rationed and there is concern about the food supply, where previously supplies of both seemed good. The treatment of the locals appears to be brutal, including killing key people like the only doctor. Lizzy cannot want her son growing up in the Family to be Scratch's protege.

Second, Saul has Dunbar Apartments to offer as a refuge (we hope), which is safe, well supplied, and only lacks the Colony's medical facilities. And, unbeknownst to everyone, is the prospect of a trip to Boulder, with hospitals staffed by doctors.
    This is an awesome post if I wasn't on mobile I'd rep you. I'd like to add women have been having babies for a million years without doctors and hospitals granted not always with positive outcomes with or without medical intervention. Having babies is dangerous period no matter the situation. But were I in a situation like this I'd take my chances and leave at first opportunity.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I like the idea of Durai being the cousin. It would explain why Scratch is so rebellious (behind his back) and why he seems to be the leader. He likes power, and he seems to like to hold dominance over Scratch. It is a power thing, which is why he would have raped Scratch once, then tried again after the abortion. As to the 'eye for an eye' thing the family has, I do not know who she would be talking about getting even with when it comes to Latch. I figured Angel may have been that, but she rushed out of the Doctors office so fast. I guess it'd be Pegs. Just when you think things may clear up a bit, Kc ties another knot into the story. I love it!

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    Saul has medical training, right? It could happen that Lizzy leaves the colony with Saul, but goes into labor and has the baby premature at dunbar before they can get to fort Irwin, and Saul has to deliver the baby since he is the only one with any medical training. Although, I think with how far along she is right now, that's very premature. They would have to get to fort Irwin immediately, what are the chances of a baby being born that early surviving?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjema View Post
    Saul has medical training, right? It could happen that Lizzy leaves the colony with Saul, but goes into labor and has the baby premature at dunbar before they can get to fort Irwin, and Saul has to deliver the baby since he is the only one with any medical training. Although, I think with how far along she is right now, that's very premature. They would have to get to fort Irwin immediately, what are the chances of a baby being born that early surviving?
    Slim to none
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjema View Post
    The Army Combat Lifesaver program doesn't have any sort of an obstetrics component. It's all about dealing with combat related injuries.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    I like the idea of Durai being the cousin. It would explain why Scratch is so rebellious (behind his back) and why he seems to be the leader. He likes power, and he seems to like to hold dominance over Scratch. It is a power thing, which is why he would have raped Scratch once, then tried again after the abortion. As to the 'eye for an eye' thing the family has, I do not know who she would be talking about getting even with when it comes to Latch. I figured Angel may have been that, but she rushed out of the Doctors office so fast. I guess it'd be Pegs. Just when you think things may clear up a bit, Kc ties another knot into the story. I love it!
    It is Pegs that she wants for revenge. After Pegs killed Latch, Scratch saw that it was Pegs holding the gun. Scratch has also said that she still has to kill Pegs even after the return of the body.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Just to be clear, she does not say that the cousin is dead. We can assume that it is LIKELY that the cousin is dead or turned. As a work of fiction, it is noteworthy that Scratch emphasizes that she has to live with a reminder everyday. This isn't necessarily evidence to support Durai being the cousin but evidence to suggest that, by way of innuendo, this could be one of many possibilities.
    Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, sometimes ce n'est pas un pipe. Attachment 2006
    The reminder that she has to live with every day is the scar. Because she scarred her cousin, she got scarred in return.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    with a team of doctors and nurses trained for caring for premature babiesin a non "zombie" world? depends on HOW premature the baby is, the further away from the due week the baby is it drops more and more to and below 50% after "zombies", that early Id have to agree with yarri that anything early then 7-8 month the chances are virtually zero without a doctor properly trained and equipment

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    The way it played out to me in the full context of the dialogue was that it seemed like she was refering to an internal emotional "scar" left by having the abortion, thats just how it sounded to me when she says something like getting cut by the other families enforcer, but she already had a scar to remind her everyday.... She seems much more impacted by the baby boy and what family means than by any actual scar.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    would it be out of the realm of reason for saul to somehow incite a riot within the colony? i mean, the primary reason the colony fell to the mallers was lack of ammo correct? surely Cj is sitting on a pretty good stockpile. matching rounds to weapons from memory could be a bit tricky but what the hell.... its just that as i sit here thinking about it just now..could we feasibly see dunbar full again? and how would CJ feel about such a thing..not sure she has that many blindfolds.

jeez, think of the irony of that...a bunch of prisoners...cooling a riot. in a town/prison-like fortress. thats just too good not to happen
    Saul could "Call in" some zombies for an attack. We haven't seen many of them lately, so it's about time for a major attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    The Colony is short of water? Should have never gotten on the wrong side of Pete!
    No doubt

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast