User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    And who ever mentioned Scratch selling babys to the Tattooist: Cruel BUT OMG IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Why else would Scratch be really damn concerned about a pregnancy (other then being batty!)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Would Saul or Glenn know how to use a Satphone? Would they need any codes or outdated ones could be use? I don't see the military need to change them often right now,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Lizzie's pregnant, so who's the daddy?

Here are some key dates from the timeline:

Lizzie Rescued, Todd killed = May 9
    Lizzie & Saul "together" = June 27-July 30
    Lizzie captured by Mallers = July 31
    Lizzie last seen at Colony by Pete = late November
    Current date = December 2 or 3

If Lizzie became pregnent after she was captured she would have been at less than 17 weeks the last time Pete could have seen her at the Colony. Her belly would barely be showing.

Belly at 17 Weeks

If Lizzie was pregnent courtesy of Saul, she would be somewhere between 17 and 22 weeks when Pete could have seen her. Her belly would have started to become obvious.

Belly at 22 Weeks

If Lizzie was already pregnent when she came to the Tower she would be about 28 weeks. Her belly would be quite noticeable.

Belly at 28 Weeks

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Maller's baby, reasonably comfortable that it's Saul's, and willing to consider that it could be Todd's.
    I'm willing to think it's Todd's.

But in listening again, pete/greg said,"well she's pregnant right?" He asked so he may not be sure he could be assuming because if he inquired I'm sure he'd get a big STFU, so he could just be assuming and then I think Saul would have a better chance of being the dad.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    So this thread is like a bad dream

Talk of dead guys named Todd being daddy's and stuff.....eeesh, I'm out on this one!
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jun 11th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    I'm willing to think it's Todd's.

But in listening again, pete/greg said,"well she's pregnant right?" He asked so he may not be sure he could be assuming because if he inquired I'm sure he'd get a big STFU, so he could just be assuming and then I think Saul would have a better chance of being the dad.
    I don't think Todd is a possibility. The very latest he could be responsible for that would be May 9, putting Lizzy just over one month from her projected due date. She would have been showing and been pukey before her ordeal at the end of season 2. I understand all pregnancies are different, but even still I have to think Todd is out For story reasons alone
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I'd like to think it's Todd's simply because Saul has too much good shit going for him in a zombie apocalypse. He has his girl, his mum, his dog all alive and well. Relatively speaking anyway being that Tanya was bitten and we don't know what's come of that yet. He's had way too many chances. He survived in the back of the car. He survived being shot. Then he gets to play happy family when everyone else is pretty much alone. I do understand that he's not actually with Tanya and we don't know how she's doing and that he may not be with Lizzy, but at least as far as we know they're all alive.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

Question for you millitary guys: What kind of force would the Army send in to attack the colony? Are we talking like a small strike force of commandos, or what? I really don't know anything about millitary strategy...
    A "small strike force of commandos" would be used for smaller scale raids and reconnaissance (which are, if Cpt Fowler is an indicator, in short supply).
    The assault force that you would use on the Colony would be primarily Infantry with some support from aviators and such. I doubt that there would be any armor support since those would have to travel by land through over 200 miles of clogged highways.
    Breaching (blowing a hole in the colonies defenses and walls) would be ill advised, the colony aparantly had a mines surrounding it and if you blow a hole in the wall the zombies are going to rush it once they hear the rukus. The better option would be an air-assault into the compound itself where the infantry would fast rope onto the roofs of the buildings and clear them from the top floors down.

I'm not going to bore you with all the splendor of the FM 7-8 but things that the leadership at Ft. Irwin would take into consideration is the 3-1 golden rule (when attacking have 3 guys to their one), support by fire (either outside the compound or gunships or with dudes hanging out the side of the birds), and having an LP/OP (Listening Post/Observation Post, saul with his newfound sat-phone).

Also a less dramatic way of taking the Colony is to surround them and just drop CS on them until they give up.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    At some point the military is going to need to secure those resources, lest they face the specter of Mallers armed with cruise missiles or even nukes.

That's a stretch... I'm pretty sure the only way that the Mallers would be able to use a cruise missle on Ft. Irwin is to strap it to the hood of a truck.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    While evacuation of a kniwn civilian population would likley be one of Col. Kimmit's primary functions, taking a fotress gaurded by ruthless men with signifigant firepower is something else entirely. Especially as the onlg way to get there and not lose half your assault force in the process is by air. And thats a lot of precious aviation fuel, and thats throwing a lot of men and women at a wall. While I imagine they'll be dealt with, neither side had the capability or supply line to mount a successful attack on the other.

I cannot see a reason why Col Kimmet would even want to attack the colony. Sure, Michael could tell him what kind of poopyheads are in charge of the colony, but will he say that all of the residences are poopyheads? I don't think he'll screw over the innocent colonists like that. Even if he was successful in convincing the Colonel that those in charge are jerks it doesn't seem likely that he'll approve of an assault to settle a score for Micheal with out reaching an independent conclusion about the colony.

I think Kimmet would more likely want to:
    1. Rescue the colonist (From the zombies).
    2. Offer sanctuary to colonists who want to leave.
    3. Fortify the colony as a stronghold.
    4. Leave it alone if it's too dangerous to 'rescue' people who might not cooperate well.
    5. Look for recruits and or offer amnesty for everything people did while trying to survive because he doesn't have the time or resources to hold trials.

I'm also skeptical of the amount of firepower the Mallers have. Sure, they were able to take the colony but the colony was low on ammo. The Mallers were short on ammo too, at the beginning, and could have raided Burt's shop even more, but surely not enough to fend off an assault from Ft Irwin. Their numbers are probably not that high either. They still employ the colony's 'guardians' to keep watch. Ft Irwin has 2000 on post, 200 training in the box and about 180 in the field.

Briggs does seem like he has a heart and could switch sides. He has stood up for Lizzy a number of times. It seems pretty obvious that he is still guarding her. I don't think she has freedom to roam so she's not escaping. Pete even says that she's seen with the big guy.

I've always wondered who the other women are with the Mallers. Some are obviously slaves but some are part of the Mallers' gang. During the attack on the Arena, a female slave can be heard screaming for help when the dump truck is overrun. On the way to the arena a female driver, other than Scratch, can be heard over the CB talking to the other drivers. Glenn mentions seeing two brunettes when Saul presses him about seeing any blonde women. He may have been talking about female slaves, though. Yet, Scratch also has short brown hair too.

I wonder if CJ is about to learn the fate of Sean.
    Will she try to do anything to prevent Saul from attempting to reunite with Lizzy?
    What are her plans to rescue SVGP from the school? They need more than just a ride home. There are zombies out there.
    Did Glenn take the colony's Satellite Phone?
    Anyone get the feeling that Glenn and/or Pete might be sent to spy on SVCj? I don't know if they have loved ones being held hostage like Kalani did, but revenge could be a motive. That would depend on how much they knew Victor knew about the coup and taking the ammo. Glenn says that he didn't believe the things people said about Victor but he was the only one to see him take the ammo, and he even questioned the need for Victor to take so much. When Glenn asks if Michael is still in charge and if the others (Pete even names them despite not having met them) survived, he sounds as if he's probing for info. Glenn and Pete are also surprised that Saul and Victor were looking for the helicopter too. Glenn says, "You came for the helicopter too, huh? It wasn't yours?" (9:19) Then Pete says, "Yeah, we thought it was you guys, you know, Michael and Pegs and that other girl." (9:24) Saul catches on to something and asks 'Who?' but is interrupted by CJ on the radio before he could continue with his train of thought. Now, unless the Mallers told them, they should have no knowledge of the Tower's helicopters. Burt wouldn't tell them, he's tied up and they barely new about Lizzy, so she didn't tell them.
    We also know that nobody is free to leave the colony, just as before. Pete says they had to find a way out.
    It has been no longer than a week since their escape as Pete say that he saw Lizzy in his bar a week ago.

Does anyone think there is anything significant about Glenn's Winchester .30-30?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    That's a stretch... I'm pretty sure the only way that the Mallers would be able to use a cruise missle on Ft. Irwin is to strap it to the hood of a truck.
    I'm not saying it's an immediate danger, but it's a threat. You've seen the documentation and training materials that come with every piece of military hardware. Give a bright man enough time to study the materials and play with the system and he can make any system work, assuming it's in good repair and it has power. Add a system like the Tomahawk cruise missile, that comes in a sealed container with a shelf-life of years, and you have a long-term threat.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't think there is too much behind his comment about his Winchester .30-30. I think it was more just humorous banter than anything else. The .30-30 is a big old hunting round which isn't too terrible popular now a days (not nearly as common as 5.56 or 7.62x39 or .308). Just like how when you're in a crappy situation you ask for something you know is not available.
    Last edited by Loyal Retainer; Jun 11th, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast