User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    You know what might be worse than knowing? Not ever knowing or even being able to figure it out. No matter what people decided was the truth, there's always be people believing otherwise (like the moon landings).

It changed my view on my profession. Some of the things I found out were real eye openers. I had no difficulties after the chapter "The Devil's workshop" of believing in illegal human experimentation. I had references from good sources on Eugenics being used here in the United States up into the 1970's. What would stop something like that from being what caused the outbreak. Maybe, the zombies had their own Dr Mengele?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    ...(like the moon landings).
    Moon landings? Really? Isn't that a bit heavy handed in the present company, donchya think?
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Moon landings? Really? Isn't that a bit heavy handed in the present company, donchya think?
    Wow! That took way longer for me to get than I'd like to admit...
    SKITTLES?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    It changed my view on my profession. Some of the things I found out were real eye openers. I had no difficulties after the chapter "The Devil's workshop" of believing in illegal human experimentation. I had references from good sources on Eugenics being used here in the United States up into the 1970's. What would stop something like that from being what caused the outbreak. Maybe, the zombies had their own Dr Mengele?
    Or Dr. Cain...

Stuff like you are talking about scares me because the line that separates those that do it from those they do it too looks so flimsy to me, but looks like Hoover Dam to them. And you can't reason them out of it no matter how well you argue.
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    I haven't fully evolved my theory yet, but an article I read a while back on toxoplasmic parasites which currently infect the brains of around half the planet is a very scary read and something that would fit into what we currently know about the outbreak.

Please take a read...
    http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Scienc...sp?NewsNum=547

I think a government mind altering experiment based on the toxoplasma theory got out of control.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Heres my theory, Scratch is the source of the infection. But first a little back-story.

Scratch use to go out with a guy named Bill. Bill was your normal clean cut, sane, intelligent guy. But she was so bat sh*t insane/sadistic, it drove him crazy. First he shaved off all his hair. Then he started getting tattoos all over his body. Then he started killing people. Hay you would too if you had a relationship with Scratch.

By the way Bill Roberts gave Scratch her nick name, because thats what he did after they had sex...

Yup. You guessed it. The zombie virus is an STD. Thanks Scratch.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Heres my theory, Scratch is the source of the infection. But first a little back-story.

Scratch use to go out with a guy named Bill. Bill was your normal clean cut, sane, intelligent guy. But she was so bat sh*t insane/sadistic, it drove him crazy. First he shaved off all his hair. Then he started getting tattoos all over his body. Then he started killing people. Hay you would too if you had a relationship with Scratch.

By the way Bill Roberts gave Scratch her nick name, because thats what he did after they had sex...

Yup. You guessed it. The zombie virus is an STD. Thanks Scratch.
    You are so lucky that you're new. However--all polite and civil-like--I don't believe that is a sound theory.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    I like the idea of Ink being patient zero... but it falls down for me when I think of how fast the infected spread. As a story line I find it limiting as well... why not have several ground zeroes (coordinated attack), more possible Ink's out there -- more possible stories to build off of in different locations.

(brainstorm ramblings ahead)

If I were a mad-eco-scientist-type out to wipe out the population (puts on tin-foil hat) I would invent a virus with a long incubation period so it spread as far and wide as possible before showing symptoms... and, I don't know if such a thing is possible, a two-part virus that 'zipped' together when they met causing the mutation -- set them loose on each side of the world and see what happens when they finally met up.
    Last edited by charles; Apr 14th, 2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: correction -- remove 'but' where not needed

"Lurker"

Status

This is something I've been thinking about. What if "ground zero" was the source of some time of gas leak. Gas leaks out in mass amounts getting in the air stream. Select group of people are initially affected by the gas causing the to die and become zombified. Then the rest of the population would be eaten or infected quickly.

The gas would have to come from some type of government experiment. Maybe the virus or strain of whatever they were working reached a critical point and adapted to such a degree that it could no longer contained. Once it was out, it multiplied rapidly as it hit the airways. Like I said before, maybe the virus only initially affects a small group of people.

For this to work, there would have to be labs all over working with the same virus. This would mean that there are several "ground zero" locations. As I write this it feels weak. Sounded way better in my head.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie19 View Post
    This is something I've been thinking about. What if "ground zero" was the source of some time of gas leak. Gas leaks out in mass amounts getting in the air stream. Select group of people are initially affected by the gas causing the to die and become zombified. Then the rest of the population would be eaten or infected quickly.

The gas would have to come from some type of government experiment. Maybe the virus or strain of whatever they were working reached a critical point and adapted to such a degree that it could no longer contained. Once it was out, it multiplied rapidly as it hit the airways. Like I said before, maybe the virus only initially affects a small group of people.

For this to work, there would have to be labs all over working with the same virus. This would mean that there are several "ground zero" locations. As I write this it feels weak. Sounded way better in my head.

two things, one the zombies aren't dead, just infected. two, in chapter one part such and such, before the news goes out on tivo, we hear reports of the same thing happening in cities across the country, so the multiple G0 theory looks more likely than not.

edit: maybe it wasn't chapter one, it might have been chapter 2... or three, but it was definitely part such and such, i know that much for sure.
    Last edited by reaper239; May 4th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast