User Tag List

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

RAGE SON!!!!!!!i!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else pick this up? what do you think?

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    I picked this up on Tuesday for the PS3, though I didn't get to play it until last night...I'm still very early on in the game, just finished up the first mission. I like how responsive the controls feel so far and the sound is incredible...as far as the graphics go, this is easily the best looking PS3 game I've seen. I'm definitely excited to spend more time with this game

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    One of my co-workers was so looking forward to getting this game. I'll have to ask him after this weekend how it was. This quarter is not good for me to pick up new games; there's way too many good and/or high-profile games coming out, and I still have a small stack of games from last year I have yet to play.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Shit- I have some spare cash- I think I am going to pick it up.

I checked out the guide at Gamestop to see the prologue storyline and weapons- I am digging it

It sounds like a waaay faster pace Fallout 3 type

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    I've played Rage quite a bit since I picked it up....I think I'm pretty close to the end of the game now and I have to say I really enjoyed this game quite a bit, the car combat is a lot of fun and it controls a lot better than you might think. The actual shooting mechanics are pretty much perfect, all the guns have a "weight" to them when you shoot, the enemies all look pretty distintive, and I love how they move around the different battlefields.

As far as comparisons to games like Fallout and Borderlands, other than the settings of the game I think they're all very distinctive from each other, Fallout was a RPG with some shooter mechanics tacked on, Borderlands was a loot game, and Rage is a pure FPS with some light RPG mechanics added in.

The only other thing I'd say about the game is if you've played a fair share of first person shooters, do yourself a favour and set the diffilcuty to "Hard", I'm playing it on "Normal" and I haven't really had any trouble at all, so I will be playing the game again on a harder difficulty.