Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Sid: You realize by acknowledging Greg's comment in that manner you've ripped a hole in space/time right? Thanks, dude....thanks a lot.
    And my ascension to supervillian status has been completed! You shall bow to my power!
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Feb 22nd, 2011 at 11:12 AM.

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    I agree that it needs more structure. Greg and Britt seem to be having a lot of fun with it, as they should, it engages the audience but it has gone off on tangents quite a bit. If they're proclaiming to be a podcast about a podcast, then structuring the show to fit that motto would work much more nicely for me.
    That's all I have to say about that.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    I agree that it needs more structure. Greg and Britt seem to be having a lot of fun with it, as they should, it engages the audience but it has gone off on tangents quite a bit. If they're proclaiming to be a podcast about a podcast, then structuring the show to fit that motto would work much more nicely for me.
    That's all I have to say about that.
    Are we witnessing the reincarnation of Three red lights ( greatest podcast about everything BUT 360 games)
    Angel's #1 Fan

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    And my ascension to supervillian status has been completed! You shall bow to my power!
    You need to change your title to "community supervillian" to reflect your new found glory!!
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Constructive criticism is always good and the hosts sound receptive to it. As such, here are my two cents.

Structure is always good, even if it is very loose. For gaming podcasts, you typically expect news, what the hosts are playing, listener mail, and more. It quickly becomes easy for the hosts to fall into a rhythym and even switch thinking caps when entering a new segment.

For We're Not Dead, I think natural segments would be Interview (if applicable), Latest Episode Discussion, Crazy Theories, Listener Mail, Contests. Or something similar.

Best Idea from this post (in my opinion):
    Since We're Not Dead is the "forum come to life" (loved that description, by the way) - why not add a segment about the hottest thread(s) of the week? Pick 1-3 topics and add your thoughts. This would help out on the weeks when there isn't a special guest and especially the weeks when there isn't a We're Alive episode.

It sounds like Brittany already puts together an agenda for discussion. That's the best start. As long as her and Greg have an idea of where they plan on taking the episode, that's all that matters.

I've enjoyed We're Not Dead very much; the discussions that involved the voice actors have been very insightful. I look forward to listening to the podcast evolve (like all podcasts do).

Hopefully I'm not dead in Greg's book. If so, can I at least be a special zombie class? Maybe not a smart one, but at least a jumper or little one. I just don't want to be a regular infected.

Cheers!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

I dont wanna be that douchebag who has nothing nice to say so apologies in advance but how can you call yourselves the forum come to life? I dont think ive seen neither brit nor greg post a thing outside the we're not dead category

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I dont wanna be that douchebag who has nothing nice to say so apologies in advance but how can you call yourselves the forum come to life? I dont think ive seen neither brit nor greg post a thing outside the we're not dead category
    They talk about theories and posts from the forum.
    They interview the voice actors and ask questions that we submit.

Seems like a good start.
    Last edited by VeritableHero; Feb 23rd, 2011 at 08:17 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Well if thats the case then join in, it'll give you some credibility and ull understand the theories better than if you just skim over it

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Whether or not I participate in specific threads doesn't reflect whether we can or can't bring the "forum to life". We bring episode discussions and theories from the forum into the podcast and talk about them. When we interview an actor we search the forums for common thoughts/questions about his/her character and ask the actor to talk about them. We read forum member's emails on the podcast that include thoughts, theories or questions.

I'll admit I don't post as often as I would like to (and hope to change this in the future) but even if I don't post, I'm always looking at discussions on the forum...LURKING IN YER' BUSHES OUTSIDE OF YER' WINDOW.

Just sayin'.
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Hey--

Love the idea about highlighting hot threads from the forums. As for not posting, I'm a lurker. Deal.

Greg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast