User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is this about we're alive?

I checked out a couple of episodes of the "we're not dead" podcast and the hosts seem more concerned with trying to be funny rather than actually discussing the show. Then when they do discuss the show they either don't remember what happened or get hung up on something unrelated. They should get some sort of structure and segment the show much better. The best show they had that I heard was with the other guy on third mic. They seemed to discuss more about the show and actually stayed on track a lot more. I think the show would benefit from having another person and maybe a lot less open mic tryout from Greg especially since Brittney misses most of the jokes and then the listener has to endure Greg explaining them.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Its organized chaos, It uses We're Alive as a base topic to discuss whatever they want. Just because its a podcast about a podcast doesn't mean they need to fully dissect the week's episode, that's what the forums are for.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Sorry but I disagree. They can have a million podcasts about whatever they want but if you set one up with the intention of having listeners based on specific content then you should deliver.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    But, they do deliver and its not a full show just about We're Alive, I'm pretty sure any podcast that's any good actually varies greatly in topic. If you watch, read, or listen to any other thing that the hosts have done you would know that they're all over the place and its quite enjoyable.

Conclusion, don't like, don't listen to it. Just enjoy We're Alive.

"Scavenger"

Status
    That may be your conclusion but I'm sure many other fans would enjoy a podcast that actually discussed the show more in depth rather than just using the popularity to gain an audience and rate higher on itunes.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
    That may be your conclusion but I'm sure many other fans would enjoy a podcast that actually discussed the show more in depth rather than just using the popularity to gain an audience and rate higher on itunes.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but a lot of people feel differently than you. Dissatisfied fans should speak up; you're only the second person I've read complaining about the show, while lots of others (such as myself) are pretty happy with it.

I've heard this kind of complaint before about other 'casts, but usually the purists are few. I for one dislike podcasts that are too anal about staying on-topic. They get boring fast.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Oh - and while I'm at it. Don't go hitting below the belt. You don't know why they're making the podcast, and it's not fair to accuse them of piggybacking off We're Alive. How's about giving them the benefit of the doubt?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Aren't I giving them the benefit of the doubt just by listening? Yeah that's rhetorical. I think you guys are misunderstanding my original post so allow me to clarify. I in no way want them to stop going off topic altogether rather have some sort of structure. I also understand that the show is relatively new and needs to find its way but how will they get better without free critiques from their audience? feedback whether good or bad only help them make the show better.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
    I think you guys are misunderstanding my original post so allow me to clarify. I in no way want them to stop going off topic altogether rather have some sort of structure.
    Your first post in no way conveyed that message. You at first seemed like you wanted WND to just focus on WA, you then generalized many fans of the show by saying they share the same views as you, which as Mike said, is incorrect. There was no misunderstanding on our side, you had a thought with good intentions but didn't put the pen to the paper, so to speak.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I didn't generalize many fans I said others which only indicates other than myself but I have spoken to others who agree with my thoughts and do want more discussion about the actual show but they have what 6 episodes so far? If they're serious about the show it can only get better as they cultivate it and as "We're Alive" gets more popular I'm sure others may make their own podcast to discuss the show and the cream will rise to the the top.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast