User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombie Traps

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    You are on target there CrowBar. I guess I've planted this thread too soon. I should have gone first with defense. Offense would be a long term survival theme while a defense is short term as well as long term.

Also Bar, I don't believe The Colony set traps. These were defenses, no offense. That is my opinion.

Back to the subject I'll use your bottle neck between buildings is a cable that can contract very fast via semi truck or dead fall from building and shick, you have crawlers or better, headless.

Teeth
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Throwing out a soft ball to get other ideas rolling.
    Wood Chipper anyone?

I rescind my thought that The Colony doesn't set traps "period". They are very likely going to set traps however the structure we saw was a fortified outpost used in emergencies.
    Toothless

"Scavenger"

Status
    Luring the zombies into a pitfall of some kind would be fun, some kinda wood chipper or trash compactor entertaining sure...

On the defensive side of the plate, Napalm/Flamethrower alleyways, chainsaw slotted barricades, and given the appropriate circumstances demolition of key buildings in and around my area of operations whilst luring in the infected via blood/sweat/train horns.

You can set traps, create ambush sites, and mold your battlefield by restricting the avenues of approach to your "Tower" by moving cars, fencing, even fires.
    But a key point I find here in these infected soldiers is the uncanny ability to return for the dead.
    Keeping that in mind, it should be simple to quickly double up on your kill count.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Muffins,
    I think drawing them into a building and dropping the whole damn thing on a horde would be sickly sweet. It sure was a good way to take out a Big One! I'd be for dismantling a rear end for a behemoth sized cross bow! anyone for 2X2X48" arrows?

MAscaria,
    If the monsters want to drag off the scraps, I'll let them. Once the dead stop disappearing I'll have a pretty good idea that their numbers are dwindling. Good gauge.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Teeth,
    A giant crossbow isn't out the question. They'd just need someone who'd be able to make one. We're technology based now. The OLD skills are all but gone in society.
    Having said that, at no point in history has any number of traps stopped a determined host of foes from reaching the walls of any fort or castle.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    That is storming the castle. And, I would disagree with the no point in history. Too broad of a stroke but you covered yourself by stating it is a determined host. Your point is proven about defenses. Perhaps we need a thread on defenses.

Teeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12