User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

That does look pretty damn cool. It reminds me of the Burn Notice ad before the fall season began this year with the whole reversing to tell the story line. It begins with all this gunfire and explosions and eventually rewinds back to Sam sitting at a table with a beer, and Michael holding a dossier that gets shot by a sniper.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I just can't wait to see some actual gameplay of it, hopefully it's not disappointing at all. If it's anything like Left 4 Dead, it'll be a winner in my books. It looks like it'll be more story heavy versus Left 4 Dead, but that's not a bad thing.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    My favorite part is when the little girl turned. Zombie kids rule. Crawling torsos are better.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    My favorite part is when the little girl turned. Zombie kids rule. Crawling torsos are better.
    What about crawling kid torsos...? *Shiver*
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Saw it today thanks to BoingBoing..... (knew someone would mention it here!) closest I've ever come to tears from a video game trailer.... but the Hawaiian-shirt zombie looks COOL!

(trying not to rant here) They really made something sublime out of this silly video game preview....
    Last edited by Pteranodon; Feb 17th, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    i can definitely see the how this could be like heavy rain, man if this is another ps3 exclusive im gonna be soo pissed
    Nah, it's coming out for Xbox, 360 and PC according to numerous sources.

"Lurker"

Status
    Wow that trailer was awesome. Made you make a emotional contact with it. Definitely going to pick this up when it comes out.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    someone once started a thread asking why the we're alive crew doesnt use melee weapons, i'd like to reference this trailer as exactly why we dont use melee weapons.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/18...railer?show=HD

interesting analysis, so its gonna be first person melee combat? i'd just like to say that melee fighting zombies would suck i'll take firearms any day, unless i had a lightsaber or somethign that would change things
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Lurker"

Status
    They are attempting to create a "zombie simulation" on an island resort, so finding firearms is going to be much more rare than they are in most zombie stories. Personally, I think their approach on less firearms and more melee is a great approach, and will make the game much more tense than other previous games. Left 4 Dead for example never had you really worried about ammo and firearms, they were always available and conservation was never a big deal, but at the same time, the only way that L4D achieved any suspense was by throwing large numbers at you in a frantic pace. There really was never any sort of emotion attachment in the game, which, in my opinion, is one of the most important aspects of any great zombie story. I'm praying that Dead Island will put a strong emphasis on the emotional aspects and character development.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast