"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by kafu288 View Post
    I reckon that would get messy if you had just everyone call in. If you guys want to do a big conference call chat though I'd be down. Giant 60-person podcast extreme or some crap? Fuck that shit.
    My suggestion was more like one long night with Britt and Greg on, we'd have someone call in, say what they wanted to discuss, hang up, new caller.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    I haven't! Okay, I gotta do some serious digging this weekend. Thanks!
    Yep, voicemails can be downloaded as MP3s from google voice. But, that depends if you have an android phone or not.

"Gatherer"

Status
    See the problem with that is that then your expecting them to be on all night.
    Last edited by kafu288; May 13th, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by kafu288 View Post
    See the problem with that is that then your expecting them to be on all night. I'd host that shit though in mid-June.... just saying....
    it doesnt have to be all in one long night, it could just be for like a 2 hour period, and a bunch of people who sign up could call in. They could just have a special episode once every few weeks or so.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Ok I agree with Ra1th's version of the idea

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    The other thing that could be done is to have new specific topics every 15 or 30 mins. That way if you have a topic that you want to talk about then you can be prepared at a set time.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The best way I've seen most pros do it who record their podcast in this manner is to use the Google Voice idea and leave messages for the hosts to retrieve and answer at their leisure. This would put a lot less stress on everyone involved. Listeners don't have to force themselves to stick to a specific time frame (and have no idea what has been said before hand in the podcast) and the creators can prescreen calls to their liking and pick the ones that fit their topics best.

The other option that is really simple and Britt has suggested it before but I don't think anyone has taken her up on the offer yet: Record an mp3 and email it to werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com. Same exact principle and just as simple. You don't have to over think it. Just keep it simple
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I think what I am looking forward to hearing the most is the debate podcasts, does anyone know how those are gonna go? I have this vision of guests with strong opinions on certain topics coming on. One opening with a prepared spiel about a topic, then rebuttle/discussion and a then the same back the other way. But maybe rather then posing the questions the same way we have on the forum, changing them slightly like 'How would the interactions with the Mallers have been different if Angel was in charge from the beginning?' or 'How would We're Alive be different be different if the original outbreak had happened at night?'. (Those are not great topics, but you get the idea). It would just be cool to hear things approached in a different way compared with the forum.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Actually, I think that first one is a good topic

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    puppets are always good

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast