User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time of year

"Scavenger"

Status

Time of year

This just dawned on me. I have no idea what time of year it is at this time in We're Alive. Was it mentioned and I just missed it? I mean I would imagine it wouldn't be winter if Pegs and Micheal went to swim to the boat.

Also I think this was mentioned but I forgot. How much time as passed since the first ep?

Any information would be helpful

Cheers

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Started in May, and we're around August now. The exact day I have somewhere, but not off the top of my head.

"Scavenger"

Status
    That's brilliant! Thanks KC.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    well it is southern california, the water might be a little colder in winter, but its not so bad that you cant swim.

so when did this all start, how long have they been surviving for?
    Angel's #1 Fan

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    You guys are crazy, I hate swimming in the Pacific, the Atlantic is much better. West coast water is too cold.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    but its sunny here... ALL the time. hahaha i just wish it would rain more often. well california at least
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    well it is southern california, the water might be a little colder in winter, but its not so bad that you cant swim.

so when did this all start, how long have they been surviving for?
    in the first episode, Michael says that the date was May 8th, 2009. Then he totally disses a chick Michael Style. haha

"Scavenger"

Status
    Seeing as I'm nowhere near the Pacific and completely surrounded by the Atlantic and have no swimming experience in that ocean what so ever. I'm gonna say the Atlantic is better. Nothing like a bit of freezing cold swimming for the joints!

I used to live in the Bay Area and the Pacific US West coast water is *cold* - it moves south from Alaska, as opposed to the north moving current (along the US East coast) from the Caribbean. I would imagine it is the warm SoCal air temps that making swimming possible in the Pacific, not the temp or the water. Anywho, I think Michael said in the current chapter that they had been in the tower for ~3 months and it was 1 month since he broke his arm. It takes 6 weeks for a bone to heal, so re-breaking won't be too bad.

Angel's foot was also broken around the same time (July), but he doesn't seem to have any trouble running (August). He must be super tough.

Does SoCal even have a winter?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Steele View Post
    I used to live in the Bay Area and the Pacific US West coast water is *cold* - it moves south from Alaska, as opposed to the north moving current (along the US East coast) from the Caribbean. I would imagine it is the warm SoCal air temps that making swimming possible in the Pacific, not the temp or the water. Anywho, I think Michael said in the current chapter that they had been in the tower for ~3 months and it was 1 month since he broke his arm. It takes 6 weeks for a bone to heal, so re-breaking won't be too bad.

Angel's foot was also broken around the same time (July), but he doesn't seem to have any trouble running (August). He must be super tough.

Does SoCal even have a winter?
    Gets down to about 40 or 50 F. Not much colder. And Angel didn't break his foot, he just landed on it wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast