User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    One last thing, don't think you can't afford a handgun either. Buy used or look at Kel-Tec's PF-9 ($300) but better yet, Hi-Point's CF-308 runs you $140.00, the C-9 runs $165 and their 40 caliber is around two hundred bucks! Any HS kid can save their allowance and buy $165 dollars worth of a gun. Hell, that 2 video games damn near.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    zactly, i found a mosin nagant rifle for about $135. here's the thing: those don't break. i mean short of running it over in a dump truck or something. if you can pick one up and find a bayonet, even if you run out of ammo, those are sturdy pieces of hardware, and the bayonet is like as long as your arm. the mossberg maverick 88 is a little over $100, shotguns are one of the most useful and versatile weapons know to man, just because in call of duty, the shotgun won't do anything past 20 feet doesn't make it true. buckshot can reach out and touch someone, and if you have a rifled slug you can really put a hurting on someone at range. even if you don't kill them at rang with buckshot, they'll go away, it's true. no one likes to be shot, by anything.

if, however, you have the scratch to pick up a mad decent gun, i would suggest the Kel-Tec KSG shotgun. it's the first ever bullpup design shotgun with twin 7-round feedtubes for a total of 14 rounds. the unique design means you can have slugs and buckshot loaded and switch between the two with the flick of a lever. there is so much awesome packed into this shotgun that the first time i saw it i had to change my shorts (crap a brick or jizz in my pants, i'll let you decide which). if shotguns aren't your speed, if you prefer an AR platform but fear that it may be cost prohibitive to buy one, fear no more: the Del-Ton DTI-4 rifle is here. cheap, economical, and still one of the best AR platforms on the market. a little bare bones, but what do you want for $750 (cheap is a relative term). wanna take that barebones AR from just plain awesome to complete bad-assery? check out combat sport supply. here you can find good quality accessories for your gun (once you've bought one) for a good price. you can also find tactical gear, so... fun. well, that's all i have.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    a quick survival tip that will help you with interpersonal relationships: learn how to homebrew. beer has been used as a currency since before there was currency. the ancient egyptians used beer to pay their workers, and in an apocalypse, being able to make beer and trade it to people will make you the one guy no one want's to go without. learn how to make it right and you can make a beer that is low in alcohol, and high in dietary supplements. you could also refer to it as a meal in a glass. if you're the only guy in your area who knows how to brew, no one will mess with you in the apocalypse, because everyone wants beer.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Reaper,
    I've really been noticing people snapping up those rifles lately. Nice bolt action, simple, world proven and CHEAP! Personally, I'd pass on the new Kel-Tech shotty and stick with the tried and true Remington 870/Mossberg 500 pumps OR... my personal favorite (saving to buy one)... Saiga 12 semi automatic shotgun. Monster has 30 round drums available. Let me start putting 3.5 inch slugs down range with that beast.. excuse me. I got excited for a moment there.
    But to get back on track... you could have a ranged weapon (Nagant) and a personal defense weapon (Hi-point .40) and come in under $400.00 dollars with ammo included. Speaking of which, I think the Nagant is what the guy was using in the second episode (season 1) of the Walking Dead, when was shooting from the top floor and saw his wife.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i don't know man, that KSG is nasty: compact, high capacity (compared to standard pump action shotguns), and the ability to load two seperate tubes so you always have whatever you need in any situation. i mispoke earlier though, i thought they were two seven round tubes, but they are six. but, it's chambered for 3 inch but accepts 3 and 2-3/4. that thing will change the tactical shotgun game imo. and for a high end shotgun, it's not bad priced. i know what you mean about the bolt actions though, there is a pawn shop near me that i frequent and they are always rotating their bolt action stock. those things fly off the wall. the only reason the nagant hasn't gone anywhere is that it hasn't been on the wall in favor of the more expensive rifles. but that's what people are wanting in this economy, the bargain rifle, something tested that will stand up under almost anything that is reliable. i'll say this forthe russians: they know how to design some long lasting, durable, reliable hardware. the insurgents in the sandbox were digging AKs out of the sand, knocking the sand out of them, popping clips in, and going to town. not the most accurate, but hey, it shoots.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    hahahah. I looked at the Kel-Tec shotty and started slobbering, but... I'll still take the Saiga with 30 round drum. I was even thinking about the Saiga .410!
    I have a friend from HS who's a weapons smith. Bastard sent me a picture on FB of an AR15 he modified with a bullpup design. Damn thing has a 50 round magazine on top and the shells eject from the old magazine well. I wet my pants. The dumb thing is that he built it with some odd caliber like 5.7 or something like that. Said he could build it for me for 850.00!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    oh, that is pimpin. 5.7 isn't a terrible caliber though it'd be better with a more common round. i can see though how it would be difficult to use the 5.56 with a mag design like that, though the reason he prolly did it that way was this: the p90 is already chambered for the 5.7x28. instead of reinvinting the wheel, i guess he went with something he already had. that saiga is nice though. gotta get one of the suppressed ones from red jacket. so that way, when you need to take out one of your neighbors in their sleep, you can use buckshot (untraceable) and be considerate and not wake the other neighbors. don't judge me, there's nothing wrong with me (eye twitches)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Hey check this out. Look up "Cold Rooms." I had this idea about being prepared and having an area to keep food stored at near freezing temps. I did a bit of research and it isn't that hard to do, especially if you have a basement or a room that isn't connected to an outside wall.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Cold rooms look pretty cool. Pun intended.
    I've been playing around with another Idea for a while now. Not a practical one unless you were building your ultimate Z-day fortress but still.
    To sterilise equipment that's not disposable in a laboratory a piece of equipment called an Autoclave is used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoclave .
    I was recently reading about the history of the HeLa cell line and came across the method they used in the late fifties and sixties.
    They had small cubicles in which they would leave all there equipment etc to be sterilised. The cubicle would then pressurise and the steam would be introduced, providing a
    sterile-ish environment and equipment. Now think about this as a room that would operate a bit like an air lock. room pressurises (would have to be rather high pressure) and super heated steam is released. Allow anything in there to cook for but half an hour (or how ever long it would take) and clear up on your way out. Kills any Z's that follow you silently and without wasting ammo. Pretty energy consuming though.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    how would super heated steam kill zeds?

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast