User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Michael

If all hell broke loose.... Zombies, EMP, Natural Disaster, Nuclear, Economic Collapse, Aliens, Extinction Level Event, foreign Army Invasion (unlikely where I live - USA) I would activate my continuity plan. Yes I have one! It sounds weird but after Katrina I got my house in order. That was an eye opener for me. Especially when more than half of the police force bugged out to tend to their own families. Where I live we don't have a city police force. The County Sheriff’s department would be tasked with securing a very large Area. I can't depend on them in a situation like this. So I started my plan... The plan of course differs with each scenario but let’s flip to page 42 shall we......yep there it is. Social Unrest (I think Zombies fall into this category)

Me personally… I would minimize contact with the outside world. I would hole up in my house. The people that travel are usually the ones that get “caught up” out in the wild. I would sit tight and assess the situation before I moved anywhere. If we are talking about zombies.. Then I would definitely board up the windows in my house. I don’t have a perimeter fence but I have an idea for one. I would gather up all the plastic trash receptacles in my neighborhood, fill them with dirt and create a ring around my house (2 deep / 2 High). This of course would take some serious effort but it’s an idea anyways… Once the SHTF I would load all my guns fire up my radios and see what’s happening.

Weapons
    – I’m pretty squared away in this department:
    Stag M2 - that’s an M4 / AR15 for all you non-gun guys / gals out there))
    Romanian AK-47
    Mossberg 500 Riot Gun (12GA)
    Mossberg 500 Bird Gun (20GA)
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical
    Marlin 22LR Bolt Action
    Sig Sauer P220
    Browning .243 BAR

And about 10,000 rounds between them all!!!

Melee Weapons consist of Baseball Bats, Machete, a SOG Tomahawk, Golf Clubs and assorted fixed and folding blades.

Food – You can never have enough
    I have about a year’s supply worth of food (for 4 people). Mostly vacuum sealed 5 gallon buckets of Rice and various other canned food. Ramen Noodles of course!

Water – The area I live has a high water table. So I would simply use a manual pump to get water. I have a jack rabbit pump in the event I need water or fuel.

Shelter – I live in a single family home. It’s not Fort Knox but it will have to do! It has a wood burning fireplace along with a safe room I built in the basement. The safe room was originally designed to remain intact in the event of a direct hit from a tornado. That should keep Zed out! I do have two fall back positions if my home get’s overrun. Neither of which are close….

Having said all that a jumper would probably jump through my Skylight and get me! LOL

That’s my Zombie Survival Plan!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Police stations would have more firearm capabilities than most National Guard or Reserve stations... just saying
    But wouldn't they also house some nasty elements? Like criminals?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jasper View Post
    Weapons
    – I’m pretty squared away in this department:
    Stag M2 - that’s an M4 / AR15 for all you non-gun guys / gals out there))
    Romanian AK-47
    Mossberg 500 Riot Gun (12GA)
    Mossberg 500 Bird Gun (20GA)
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical
    Marlin 22LR Bolt Action
    Sig Sauer P220
    Browning .243 BAR

And about 10,000 rounds between them all!!!

Melee Weapons consist of Baseball Bats, Machete, a SOG Tomahawk, Golf Clubs and assorted fixed and folding blades.
    If they're the 'Dawn Of The Dead *1' zoms, then we have various sporting goods shops to help us get by.
    If they're the 'Dawn Of The Dead *2' zoms, (or the WA ones for that matter,) well we're pretty much screwed.
    Looks like I'd be headed for Jon Jaspers house. Enough resource to invade a small country by the sound of it.
    Be a bit of a trip though.
    We don't have quite the access to hardware over here (UK) and would mostly employ pre-prepared "Keep Out (please)" and "Please Behave Reasonably" signs, falling back, if necesary, on a last resort of harsh language.
    But only as a last resort.
    Personally I prefer Mr Jaspers chances to my own.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    And when the semetex hits the fan, where can I find you? xD Pretty cool stash. Do you not run the risk of becoming a target?

"Lurker"

Status

Michael

That cracked me up! "Pre-prepared Keep out Please Signs"

Becoming a target: Maybe by Mallers... lol.... I don't think my "stash" would gather that type attention. And if it did they better have their shit wired tight! I can hit moving targets out to 200 meters with alarming regularity.

If you guys find yourself SOL in the UK... hop on a boat and set a vector of 2 7 0. Once you hit the banks of the US, head inland until you hit the Mississippi river. Follow that North until you hit the City of Minneapolis / St Paul. Continue to follow the river for about 25 Miles (40.23km) Hook left about 5 miles (8km) and look for the 3 500ft blinking radio towers. (Come to think of it they probably won't be blinking by the time you get here... I'll be in the house ringed with plastic trash recepticals! lol

"Lurker"

Status
    I have nothing except kitchen knives :/ how do you think I feel?!

I suppose I would pack the car with food, medical stuff and other basic essentials. Anything I can pretty much find. I'd get my dog and leg it and probably my family if there is room haha. I'd stop at fuel stations along the way and pick up anything I could use as a weapon.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Yeah, americans sometimes don't grasp how F****** most britain are.
    Maybe if I had a boat. And a crew. And didn't have the perfect survival place (Minus a supply of serious weapons).
    "Avoid suspicion by not lacing you shoes in a melon field" Chinese proverb.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jasper View Post
    That cracked me up! "Pre-prepared Keep out Please Signs"

Becoming a target: Maybe by Mallers... lol.... I don't think my "stash" would gather that type attention. And if it did they better have their shit wired tight! I can hit moving targets out to 200 meters with alarming regularity.

If you guys find yourself SOL in the UK... hop on a boat and set a vector of 2 7 0. Once you hit the banks of the US, head inland until you hit the Mississippi river. Follow that North until you hit the City of Minneapolis / St Paul. Continue to follow the river for about 25 Miles (40.23km) Hook left about 5 miles (8km) and look for the 3 500ft blinking radio towers. (Come to think of it they probably won't be blinking by the time you get here... I'll be in the house ringed with plastic trash recepticals! lol
    ROFL! Jasper, great plan man! What do you have for medical supplies? Our peeps in the UK will just have to get their hands dirty then. We'll have an island full of melee experts!

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    We already are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g61xASD-24

Seriously though, its not so bad in some places, a nice sprinkling of hunting rifle's etc in combination with other weapons like crossbows that are often used for pest control. And fire.
    Ima survive long enough to see the last zombie rot away.

"Lurker"

Status
    First Aid.... I have a pretty good FAK (First Aid Kit) Nothing that would last forever but it should get me past the first wave.

Kit Includes: Adhesive tape, Antibiotic ointment, Antiseptic solution or towelettes Bandages, roll of elastic wrap and bandage strips in assorted sizes
    Instant cold packs, Cotton balls and cotton-tipped swabs, Disposable latex or synthetic gloves, Duct tape, Gauze pads and roller gauze in assorted sizes, Eye goggles, First-aid manual, Petroleum jelly, Plastic bags for the disposal of contaminated materials, Safety pins in assorted sizes, Tooth preservation kit consisting of salt solution and a sealable travel case, Scissors, tweezers and a needle, Soap or instant hand sanitizer, saline solution, Thermometer, Triangular bandage, Turkey baster or other bulb suction device for flushing out wounds, Various pain relievers, Aloe vera gel, Anti-diarrhea medication Over-the-counter oral antihistamine, Aspirin pain relievers, Calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream, Bloodstopper, Hydrogen Peroxide & a Splint Kit .... I might have forgot a few things but that's about it.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast