User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

If all hell broke loose right now, what would you do?

Ok Troops! What's your plan when the Eat'em Ups appear?
    Do you actually have weapons at home?
    Would you board up your house or find a better location?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I have some carbon-fiber hockey sticks laying around (real hockey, not ice hockey). They are durable, have excellent range and are properly balanced. That'll be the first thing I'd pick up here in the house.
    I also have a helmet from when I used to be a goalie. It has a badass print, and offers excellent protection versus blunt attacks without blocking sight.

Also, I have a plethora of tools and materials laying around with which I could easily build some weapons like spears, (cross-)bows, or maces. There should be an axe and sledgehammer in the garage as well, but I prefer the hockey stick's speed and agility.

I would never want to stay in this house, as it's just positioned terribly. It could easily be swarmed, and there are several ways to make your way inside.

I'd probably try to make my way to Langweer, a town roughly 125km away from home, where my father's yacht is located. I have the keys, it's pretty quick and offers room for a few others without being too big to handle alone. It's also pretty sea-worthy - we've used it to sail to Harwich from Den Helder, then back to Hoek van Holland (during storm). It also has a reasonable amount of canned food stored under the floor, so the only trouble would be clean water to drink.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Wish'd my old man had a yacht I could run to - that is awesome.

All I've got is an aluminum bat and a ball-peen hammer. Improvised melee stuff.I live less than a block from the National Guard, so I'd want to see if they have any weapons. A few blocks south is a friend who keeps a nice assortment of shotguns and revolvers.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't put windows on their buildings, in order to avoid vandalism. I remember there's a Kingdom Hall right outside of town, and considering their apocalyptic beliefs and conservative politics, I bet they'd have lots of guns. That's where me and the wife would hole up.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Police stations would have more firearm capabilities than most National Guard or Reserve stations... just saying

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Police stations would have more firearm capabilities than most National Guard or Reserve stations... just saying
    Good call... better drop all the other plans and chill with the JW's. You know everyone's going to swarm the police and army places. But, really, who's going to think of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I'm pretty sure I could even off-road it to get there. Or drive on the bike path.

"Scavenger"

Status
    ... then again, there's the incessant proselytizing. The apocalyptic eschatology could be a two-edged sword: lots of guns, yes, but also lots of "The end is near"s.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    ... then again, there's the incessant proselytizing. The apocalyptic eschatology could be a two-edged sword: lots of guns, yes, but also lots of "The end is near"s.
    Aren't JW's more pacifistic?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The police station in our town does have a plethora of firearms (mostly Walter P5's), but they're locked pretty tightly.
    It really depends on the situation if I'd go there, especially because the surrounding area is pretty dangerous.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I still think a prison would be one of the best choices, high walls, lots of bars and such. Granted, all of the prisoners would have to have been let out or something first.

I would just fortify it even more and make that my new home. Cause yes some of the zombies can jump but not all of them, so I think I'd be safe.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    There's plenty of barbed wire on top of the walls and fences to keep jumpers out.

A prison isn't meant to keep something in or keep something out, but to isolate. It's perfect once you got rid of the prisoners.
    However, that'll be pretty hard depending on the situation.

Maybe, the people at the prison (including guards) aren't infected yet. Then you'll have a pretty darn hard time to fortify the position, unless you can convince the warden about the zombies.
    Another possibility is that it's totally deserted, which will make it hard to find out where the controls for the gates are (which, by the way, will stop working when the power is down. Gotta prepare for that!), or that everyone (including guards) is already infected.

Either way, manual defenses are safer than ones that rely on power. Especially on the long term. You can't fuel that generator (you might not even ever have) forever!

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast