User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    So far as i can tell in my area (Alberta, Canada) the most survivable safest area would be in the rocky mountains near Jasper national park. its my plan to get to jasper, by vehicle or by foot depending on how things turn out hell even via bike if necesary. the plan is to get to whistler mountain, they have a gas operated sky tram that can get you up the mountain in less than 30 mins. Failing that a hike up the mountain wouldnt take more than a day. hauling gear up would take a few trips if the tram is down but it wouldnt be difficult. at the top of the mountain they have a challet. the Challet is built quite strong with reinforced glass windows and reinforced structure due to the high winds and weather on the mountain. its completeley remote and would be very easy living off the land. lots of water and tons of game if you know how to hunt it. the population of jasper is tiny being a tourist town approx 7 thousand locals and maybe 6 thousand tourists at any given time.

The main reson i have chosen this location is the small amount of poplulation and high amount of wildlife, being a national park no one is currently allowed to hunt any animals in Jasper. Plus most people living in jasper have some kind of firearm or another (for protection from bears and cugars). as far as gear goes i have that allready packed and good to go at a moments notice. russian SKS 7.62 x 32 ammunition with 1000 rounds, glock 9mm with 500 rounds, a hunting crosbow with 33 bolts and tons of other survival gear. was contemplating a 12 gauge shotgun but im not sure how a shotgun would fair vs a zombie skull with buckshot loaded.

Anyways if and when Z-Day happens it is my hope that all of your Z-Day plans work out. In the case that your plan does not work for any of you, come to jasper national park and find me on my mountain there will be tons of room and... free Cake!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    If all hell broke loose right now, I'd sigh contentedly knowing that I wouldn't have to take my finals next week...
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Traden View Post
    So far as i can tell in my area (Alberta, Canada) the most survivable safest area would be in the rocky mountains near Jasper national park. its my plan to get to jasper, by vehicle or by foot depending on how things turn out hell even via bike if necesary. the plan is to get to whistler mountain, they have a gas operated sky tram that can get you up the mountain in less than 30 mins. Failing that a hike up the mountain wouldnt take more than a day. hauling gear up would take a few trips if the tram is down but it wouldnt be difficult. at the top of the mountain they have a challet. the Challet is built quite strong with reinforced glass windows and reinforced structure due to the high winds and weather on the mountain. its completeley remote and would be very easy living off the land. lots of water and tons of game if you know how to hunt it. the population of jasper is tiny being a tourist town approx 7 thousand locals and maybe 6 thousand tourists at any given time.

The main reson i have chosen this location is the small amount of poplulation and high amount of wildlife, being a national park no one is currently allowed to hunt any animals in Jasper. Plus most people living in jasper have some kind of firearm or another (for protection from bears and cugars). as far as gear goes i have that allready packed and good to go at a moments notice. russian SKS 7.62 x 32 ammunition with 1000 rounds, glock 9mm with 500 rounds, a hunting crosbow with 33 bolts and tons of other survival gear. was contemplating a 12 gauge shotgun but im not sure how a shotgun would fair vs a zombie skull with buckshot loaded.

Anyways if and when Z-Day happens it is my hope that all of your Z-Day plans work out. In the case that your plan does not work for any of you, come to jasper national park and find me on my mountain there will be tons of room and... free Cake!
    Nice plan, my brother has visited whistler. Wants to move out their after school. I see your population of of bout 13 thousand per time, and I one-up you, try three hundred.

"Lurker"

Status
    haha thanks, well 300 is most certainly more manageable than 13 thousand. ive thought of trying for smaller town around that population but couldnt find much on google maps lol. are there many small communities like that in alberta you think?

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    I doubt it really, this is one of the most remote communities in the uk. Weapons are rarer over here though or guns at least.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Honestly, I'd be dead. Two out of my three-person family are medication dependent.

HOWEVER, I do love to plan for the coming apocalypse and have done so since childhood.

1. Walgreens is within walking distance. a) Drugs for my own health and for the health of other survivors. b) Food and etc. for survival. c) Drugs and cigarettes for currency.
    2. The county Emergency Operations Center is also within walking distance of my house, and that is a fortress.

Of course getting there would be a problem, as I have no weapons, but in my pretend universe, I am a super badass and could protect us all whilst also carrying the contents of a Walgreens on my back.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hey guys! I love the "what would you do" discussion and want to start a Blog about that topic. i created a blog today called: better undead living http://betterundeadliving.blogspot.com
    i want to write about the ideas and projects that are also mentioned in the show. For example: - how to collect rainwater and store it over a long time. -how to build a oven inside without dying of a carbon monoxide poisoning. -how to hot wire a car (the characters in "we're alive" could use that skill a lot) -Locations of safe houses near you.

so what would you like to read about? or do you already have tutorials that you think should be on the blog?

btw. i like the idea of a airship to escape the undead horror

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    I'd go and track down KC cause he seems to know what to do

OR if that fails I'd go to COSTCO!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    i have a machete at my house but i won't last long so i will go a prison about a 2 hour drive from my house

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    We rarely pay attention to our surroundings or what they have in the house that could actually be of use.
    For those of you who say "I don't have anything in my house.."
    Yeah, you do. Remember, Zomies/Infected numbers grow as the days go by, so the human factor is the first problem. That first couple days is when you have to be decisive.

Weapons wise: well, the first place to look is in your kitchen. a nice iron skillet or TWO will work wonders. A broom or mop handle will help, but not for long. Those things are made of thin plastic these days, but all you need is something to help you create space. Better yet, use the rod in your closets. It'll be metal or wood.
    Bleach to hide your scent and wash away any blood. It's also pretty good to use on anyone (living) trying to get in your house.
    That can of raid is pretty flammable, as are many things in the house. Read your labels.... oven cleaners... whew.. oven cleaners

That tire iron sitting near your spare tire would be one hella good blunt object. Off all the things you can get your hands on, this is it. EVERYONE has a tire iron.

Take as many car batteries as you can. The uses for those goes on and on and on.

Your surroundings? How close is the nearest police station? What about the CVS/Walgreens/Wal-Mart/Target/Grocery Store??
    How may hardware stores are within a mile walking distance? Where exactly is a pawn or gun shop? Is there a car rental agency near? Take a moving van, drive that sucka through the front and load up.

In your apartment complex, how many buildings are there? How many apartments per building? raiding possibilities. Start paying attention to the commercial buildings around you. Is the entrance all glass? Most schools are build like forts now, see what the nearest one looks like.

Thing is, don't give up. Don't think because you don't have a room full of ammo or a collection of swords, mean that you can't defend yourself.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast