Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
One thing I'll throw out there before I venture back into the dark- Riley also dealt with some serious anger issues while at Fort Irwin as well, to the point she was medicated. There's been a history of issues... just to add to the pile.
Definitely true. My issue with this scene was not Riley's behavior. She's been all I WANT TO FIGHT! RAGE! YOU KILLED THE GUY I LIKED TO HAVE AROUND ME AS AN EGO BOOST WHILE I MOONED AFTER LIZZY, RAHHH! ever since Angel's death, and I found her killing Tardust in that tragedy induced rage completely believable. My issue was that I couldn't see Tardust egging her on like that, even if he was drunk and despairing about his chances of escaping the situation. Tardust was cowardly and intelligent, and those two things I think would make him fight for his life more, rather than opt for a clean death. The way he acted just seemed, to me, completely out of character.

And there is also the fact that the torture they put him through is nothing compared to what Scratch has done to people, so I can't see him viewing Riley and Burt as the same as Scratch. They made him run behind a car until he fell down... Scratch cut off Burt's finger; Scratch cut open a guy's face with her knife, and would have kept torturing him to death had her brother not put him down; and then there's all the stuff she's done that we've just heard about.

I'm also in the camp of people who don't buy Riley's quick jump to realizing that Tardust was the one in the furniture store. If she had heard Lizzy's audiolog from when Lizzy was held captive by the Mallers, then yes, that would make sense. But I think she would have recognized him immediately then, having remembered his name and distinct voice from the audiolog. I feel weird saying all this stuff, because this is pretty much the first time I've taken issue with character actions and motivations in this show, but for this part I feel like I have to. All in all, these things besides, I've had about enough of Riley. I was coming to quite like Tardust, and I think her killing of him was completely unjustified.