User Tag List

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Well, isn't this a matter of perspective - again? And how would it be possible for an animal to be a villain?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Well, isn't this a matter of perspective - again? And how would it be possible for an animal to be a villain?
    A question only Steve-Dave can answer.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

A question only Steve-Dave can answer.
    Would you mind offering a link? Steve-Dave is not so uncommon, so google-fu does not help me a lot ...
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Would you mind offering a link? Steve-Dave is not so uncommon, so google-fu does not help me a lot ...
    http://smodcast.com/episodes/happys-dead/

about 54:40

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Interesting podcast ... Another one for my list of podcasts. Thanks for sharing.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    You've completely missed my point, but exemplified it profoundly. Thanks.
    Anytime!
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    You don't seem to know what it means to defuse a situation. It means to make a situation less dangerous, embarrassing, or tense. Burt did none of these things. So, no. He did not. In fact, he failed on an order of magnitude not fully realized until Scratch burns his home to the ground. He actually creates a far worse situation, and yes, all of what I said is true about the escalation of the situation, and how Burt's exacerbation of it all proves to be a direct cause to events that follow. You don't need to believe me, you can listen to the tape.

But your Burt love is commendable.

p.s. (no intent to be with the following) Etal is a village in Northumberland, England. Et al. is an abbreviation of et alii (et alia [fem]) meaning: and others--which is what I believe you were going for, hence the correction.
    Oh well, I am sure your "correction" is well practiced. But, if you think I am going to worry about that level of detail in a casual post you are nuts. If you are so literal that you had trouble parsing the sentance or it somehow makes you feel superior, i feel sorry for you. However, if you are going to take the time to correct me, you should do it correctly. I am pretty sure it should be in italics.

I feel really bad for you. I thought your delusions had diminished and your ego was more in check when you changed your forum name. I was wrong.

Unload on me and maybe some sort of transference may brighten your day. I am done with this sub-thread.
    Likes 7oddisdead, Storm liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Oh well, I am sure your "correction" is well practiced. But, if you think I am going to worry about that level of detail in a casual post you are nuts. If you are so literal that you had trouble parsing the sentance or it somehow makes you feel superior, i feel sorry for you. However, if you are going to take the time to correct me, you should do it correctly. I am pretty sure it should be in italics.

I feel really bad for you. I thought your delusions had diminished and your ego was more in check when you changed your forum name. I was wrong.

Unload on me and maybe some sort of transference may brighten your day. I am done with this sub-thread.
    So that's your move? Verbal abuse in the face of a simple correction? Glad you're done with this thread, your input hasn't been helpful, and it hasn't furthered the discussion.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Those are the facts as you see them, yes. Some of it is speculative, some is a matter of perspective.

For the record, the reason behind the war at the tower, the attacks on the Michael's group... the entire Scratch arc all hinges on one act. Burt shooting the mirror of the tanker truck in Scratch's first appearance in an attempt to assert his alpha dog status. Burt's ego got all of those people killed. Burt's actions caused Pegs to be hunted, Lizzy to be kidnapped, and almost raped, and CJ to lose her leg.
    How many times do I have to repeat this?!

Actually, this goes all the way back to my countryman Eugenio Barsanti, who invented the internal combustion engine in the 18th century, leading to its diffusion and popularity, leading to a diesel generator being the only reliable and fast way to supply power to the Tower, leading to Burt, Saul and Lizzie going to steal the Tanker of Discord from the Maller's territory.
    DAMN YOU, EUGENIO!!!
    Likes Storm liked this post

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast