User Tag List

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    "Onramp near I-5"
    Uh, how could they use any of the highways at all, if they were so clogged by the initial outbreak panic that they needed a helicopter just to make it to Ft. Irwin?
    That's just to give a geographical reference. For people who aren't familiar with places in LA, typically they can figure out where they are with the freeways.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    What if she never does. What if she never shows up, and that is left as an unanswered question at the end of the series, with the possibility that she is always out there, stalking what survivors there may be, still carrying her anger on her shoulders, and always ready to pounce?
    Interesting question, because it brings up a bit of a Catch-22 with the storytelling, here:

KC NEEDS TO CARRY THIS OUT AND RESOLVE THE PLOT!
    If she DOESN'T show up, then most of us would feel dissatisfied and view this as a 'loose end' in the plot that was never cleaned up, never resolved. Despite the fact that most of us expect this will happen, it nevertheless won't feel like a completely satisfying story if she disappears, or dies in some meaningless, random way (e.g., she falls off a building).

KC IS A HACK, A MERE SLAVE TO PREDICTABLE PLOT CONVENTIONS!
    But if she DOES show up, then this could be viewed as a predictable, formulaic plot convention that Kc has used where the villain comes back at the end for one last stand before she is destroyed forever. Been done a million times before, thus reflecting a stunning lack of innovation or creative risk-taking on the part of the author.

So Kc is basically fucked either way.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, TacticalJHP, Storm liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I will never hate or Dislike Riley if she Tortures Tardust. After all the little freak would deserve it.. I just do not think it will be something once done she will recover from easily, hence the part where Burt asked her if she really wanted to go down that road. She will remain in a dark place for a long time or until she meets her demise. But then again I already think she is in a dark place.. Ever since Angel's implied death when the tower fell. But when you throw in Lizzie's death into the mix, I do not think Riley will ever come back from the Dark side. Part of me hopes she never finds out. But that would be because she too dies. Which I am not sure how I would feel about that.. I like Riley's character but I never had a bond so to speak, with her. Like I do with some of the others.. Datu's death was rough because why would you not like him. Lizzie's was rough because of Saul.
    Likes TacticalJHP liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

So... I noticed two kinda weird noises in the background when Burt and Riley are talking, both within the same ten seconds... More or less, around 3:29-3:39.
    First one is right after Riley's asked what they should do with Tardust, the other one is while Burt says 'Maybe not. Let's just hear what he has to say'
    Another thing... The file contains 45.3...twice...Both episodes have those two funy sounds too...

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Wrapping up initial thoughts from 45-3:

Sympathetic Character Switch?
    Interesting that some of you have already commented that Riley will be cast out of your favor if she 'descends to Scratch's level' and starts to torture Tardust. Sure it's nasty, but I don't believe that anyone in this kind of world could still be alive without some stains on their hands. Morality works differently in a world where every second of every day is a gritty fight for survival...
    Hmm, I don't like that idea. Morality shouldn't take a backseat, when things go wrong. IT is what keep us more human then other. If you need to bend your morality to match the world then you are just slave of that world.
    Likes Eviebae, Elete23, HardKor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Sympathetic Character Switch?
    Interesting that some of you have already commented that Riley will be cast out of your favor if she 'descends to Scratch's level' and starts to torture Tardust. Sure it's nasty, but I don't believe that anyone in this kind of world could still be alive without some stains on their hands. Morality works differently in a world where every second of every day is a gritty fight for survival...
    Frankly I'm looking forward to this part of the story! My only reservation was the believability of two people out for blood that are able to keep it running at 100% 24 hours a day. Personally, I would think that this would've been toned down a bit more and then the hatred refreshed when they managed to catch Tardust. Again, minor opinion on plot but the end result is still something I'm looking forward to.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Hmm, I don't like that idea. Morality shouldn't take a backseat, when things go wrong. IT is what keep us more human then other. If you need to bend your morality to match the world then you are just slave of that world.
    A quick thought on your point UDS. According to Urban Dictionary, the definition of morality is:

mo·ral·i·ty/məˈrælɪti, mɔ-/ Show Spelled [muh-ral-i-tee, maw-] Show IPA
    noun, plural mo·ral·i·ties for 4–6.
    1. conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
    2. moral quality or character.
    3. virtue in sexual matters; chastity.
    4. a doctrine or system of morals.
    5. moral instruction; a moral lesson, precept, discourse, or utterance.

If we go with the first definition then conventional morality doesn't apply in the world that the characters are now in.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    What if she never does. What if she never shows up, and that is left as an unanswered question at the end of the series, with the possibility that she is always out there, stalking what survivors there may be, still carrying her anger on her shoulders, and always ready to pounce?
    Interesting..... But I don't think Kc would do that to us.....

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Interesting question, because it brings up a bit of a Catch-22 with the storytelling, here:

If she DOESN'T show up, then most of us would feel dissatisfied and view this as a 'loose end' in the plot that was never cleaned up, never resolved. Despite the fact that most of us expect this will happen, it nevertheless won't feel like a completely satisfying story if she disappears, or dies in some meaningless, random way (e.g., she falls off a building).

But if she DOES show up, then this could be viewed as a predictable, formulaic plot convention that Kc has used where the villain comes back at the end for one last stand before she is destroyed forever. Been done a million times before, thus reflecting a stunning lack of innovation or creative risk-taking on the part of the author.

Well when you phrase it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So... I noticed two kinda weird noises in the background when Burt and Riley are talking, both within the same ten seconds... More or less, around 3:29-3:39.
    First one is right after Riley's asked what they should do with Tardust, the other one is while Burt says 'Maybe not. Let's just hear what he has to say'
    Another thing... The file contains 45.3...twice...Both episodes have those two funy sounds too...
    Yeah, that was a screw up on our part. There was a glitch in the version in the first 10 minutes or so. I replaced the file quickly, so most others won't hear that. It worries that you said the file contains 45.3 twice? What's that mean?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming

If Kc was going to mysteriously kill her off/keep the story arc loose, he wouldn't of asked her to do JUST ONE LINE for season 4. Personally, that would be odd to do one line, that's pretty recent in the current story, and then randomly cut her out....

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast