User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Burt Narrated in this chapter.. I do not see him dying in it.. Would not go along with what I have been noticing this in the story.. Those who no longer narrate are most likely to die. I think the the ones that narrate are alive at the end.. I guess I will have to wait till the end to see if I am correct.
    All the narration means is that he wrote in the journal, not that he lives at the end.

Remember, Kalani had a narration too. A good chunk of chapter 27, after he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    ]There is a marked difference between the drive shaft seizing against the motor, and the sound of the clutch engaging. One is a whine, the other a chattering. I also use drills everyday, cordless as well as corded, impact, screwguns, hammer drills, just about any rotary device you can use to insert something into something else with. That was a clutch engaging. There is no doubt in my mind of that.
    Honestly, the simplest explanation for Burt's drill is he started to drill with the clutch engaged, he pauses, moves it to the "drill" setting, and drills out the lock.

I do that all the time when going from one part of a project to another using the same drill.
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    All the narration means is that he wrote in the journal, not that he lives at the end.

Remember, Kalani had a narration too. A good chunk of chapter 27, after he was dead.

Honestly, the simplest explanation for Burt's drill is he started to drill with the clutch engaged, he pauses, moves it to the "drill" setting, and drills out the lock.

I do that all the time when going from one part of a project to another using the same drill.
    Except for the fact we don't hear him change settings... sure. Seems legit. More likely it was a chance to showcase a new sound while telling the story, just happens to be a gross oversight on the part of the production team... I'm going to blame Blaire. We haven't blamed her for anything for a while. It's all your fault, Blaire. Get your shit together.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I don't think we really need to argue about the realism of Burt drilling the lock any longer.... I mean really, what is the podcast about?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I don't think we really need to argue about the realism of Burt drilling the lock any longer.... I mean really, what is the podcast about?
    Right now it's about Burt drilling into a lock. Honestly, there is so much shit on here about the meaning behind sounds, and birds, and tiny noises, throw away lines of dialogue suddenly achieve the deepest, most sinister connotations, tertiary characters are thrust into roles with more meaning than anyone actually above the line that it borders on insanity... and you're wanting to get off misuse of a sound effects cue*?! I might as well put a shotgun in my mouth now because this is going to turn bad fast.

/fanboyrage

*edit
    Last edited by Osiris; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Storm, Gooer liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registeredPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    yeah and me. But that's ok. I'm just chopped liver.

Beez and I are going to have our own thing going on and we didn't want you guys there anyway.
    Awww

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I get how important sounds are as it is an audio drama! But I'm not sure I see why the realism of drilling of the lock is such a focus, (don't think it could have some deeper meaning either) the story is about a zombie apocalypse after all!
    Also, it's such an awesome show, production team are amazing and yeah sometimes may be some slip ups but not sure of need to focus on them/berate them. We even get to listen to all their hard work for free.
    Just voicing my opinion!

Enjoy!
    Likes Zombiekiller100, clem131, Z Sniper liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyButters View Post
    I get how important sounds are as it is an audio drama! But I'm not sure I see why the realism of drilling of the lock is such a focus, (don't think it could have some deeper meaning either) the story is about a zombie apocalypse after all!
    Also, it's such an awesome show, production team are amazing and yeah sometimes may be some slip ups but not sure of need to focus on them/berate them. We even get to listen to all their hard work for free.
    Just voicing my opinion!

Enjoy!

My point is: collectively we have spent far more man-hours on the most minute details of the show, and often at the expense of the performances given by the actors. We're more worried about the differences between an M16 being cocked, and an MP5. Was that a knife or a sword? Whose gasp was that? Was that a dog? Are those birds in the background? And on, and on. It feels like we're letting the little things get in the way of appreciating the acting. Just my feelings on the matter. I still blame Blaire.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    But surely that's what you've been doing by going on about the drill!?
    Personally I don't need to make all those little distinctions, between guns n whatever. But I guess like yourself, each person has their own specific interests in particular episodes and on the story as a whole. For example I guess that anyone who is Science-y will focus on the hospital n meds n machines etc... Mechanical stuff will be more interesting to people who understand it and so forth!!
    I liked the prison, courthouse, criminal side including appreciating Kelly as I study law!

All in all, it's a certainty that we all think the acting/actors are freakin' awesome (in my American accent)!

Peace out
    Likes Zombiekiller100, clem131, Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyButters View Post
    But surely that's what you've been doing by going on about the drill!?
    Personally I don't need to make all those little distinctions, between guns n whatever. But I guess like yourself, each person has their own specific interests in particular episodes and on the story as a whole. For example I guess that anyone who is Science-y will focus on the hospital n meds n machines etc... Mechanical stuff will be more interesting to people who understand it and so forth!!
    I liked the prison, courthouse, criminal side including appreciating Kelly as I study law!

All in all, it's a certainty that we all think the acting/actors are freakin' awesome (in my American accent)!

Peace out
    the-shining-jack-nicholson-staring-crazy.jpg

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    yeah and me. But that's ok. I'm just chopped liver.

Beez and I are going to have our own thing going on and we didn't want you guys there anyway.
    Crap! That's right! For some reason I thought you were coming Boooourns.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast