User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Totally different character. I really enjoyed SG1. I was never a fan of Quantum Leap, but loved Enterprise. Some caution if you watch the pilot. I think it was originally for HBO or Showtime. There is a "boob" scene that never played on the scifi Chanel reruns? OBTW, I'm not a prude, but others may not be as liberal. In fact, I have seen some politician flocking to the news camera, but putting a cloth over some of the statues in the capital...
    Na, boobs are not a problem. There have to be some advantages if you are from Europe!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Na, boobs are not a problem. There have to be some advantages if you are from Europe!
    Hard to believe there are any advantages, if you are from Europe ...

Anyway:
    Yesterday something struck my mind: I see where some of the disappointment comes from - or at least I think I see ... Every now and then our expectations are not being confirmed by what the WA story really tells us. And I have the feeling that we tend to fall in love with our theories, assumptions, and ideas. Maybe it is a good idea to disconnect from our personal thoughts and ideas to a certain degree, or in other words: to let go from what we want or wish to see in the future. After all it is Kc who writes the story, and it is the cast and the crew telling the story.
    This thought has come to my mind when I reconsider what we have written in the past about the lack of action, the development of CJ's and Michael's roles in the story, the mysterious zombie-tongue, etc. And I feel bad that I, too, have been criticizing some of these things with a shitload of arguments or wonnabe-arguments; after all I am not disappointed about how some things have evolved, but about how I have made my personal expectations more valuable than what Kc and WA-family have achieved so far. I am sorry. And I would like to share this emotional thought with the WA fans hoping to find some reflecting it similarly. But who am I, to judge others. And maybe - as usual - I am totally wrong ...

Ah, fuck it. This law-shit drives me crazy and I start writing stupid shit. Kelly! Help me!

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hard to believe there are any advantages, if you are from Europe ...

Anyway:
    Yesterday something struck my mind: I see where some of the disappointment comes from - or at least I think I see ... Every now and then our expectations are not being confirmed by what the WA story really tells us. And I have the feeling that we tend to fall in love with our theories, assumptions, and ideas. Maybe it is a good idea to disconnect from our personal thoughts and ideas to a certain degree, or in other words: to let go from what we want or wish to see in the future. After all it is Kc who writes the story, and it is the cast and the crew telling the story.
    This thought has come to my mind when I reconsider what we have written in the past about the lack of action, the development of CJ's and Michael's roles in the story, the mysterious zombie-tongue, etc. And I feel bad that I, too, have been criticizing some of these things with a shitload of arguments or wonnabe-arguments; after all I am not disappointed about how some things have evolved, but about how I have made my personal expectations more valuable than what Kc and WA-family have achieved so far. I am sorry. And I would like to share this emotional thought with the WA fans hoping to find some reflecting it similarly. But who am I, to judge others. And maybe - as usual - I am totally wrong ...

Ah, fuck it. This law-shit drives me crazy and I start writing stupid shit. Kelly! Help me!

Best wishes!
    Liam
    My personal goal with regards to WA is to simply write "Thank you guys, thanks you Mr Wayland, it has been a hell of a ride. Especially, thank you for allowing me to rape the English grammar multiple times here in the forum" at the very end of the show. I really enjoy the story because it could not differ further from the contemporary Hollywood way of story-telling. Call me a audiophile masochist but I like that my story predictions are often wrong - which feels good and right.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

My personal goal with regards to WA is to simply write "Thank you guys, thanks you Mr Wayland, it has been a hell of a ride. Especially, thank you for allowing me to rape the English grammar multiple times here in the forum" at the very end of the show. I really enjoy the story because it could not differ further from the contemporary Hollywood way of story-telling. Call me a audiophile masochist but I like that my story predictions are often wrong - which feels good and right.
    No offense, mate. But I think your way of writing in English is pretty well done - not only for a bloody Kraut or European. I have re-read some of my postings, and I really wonder how English-spokesmen are able to understand any of the shit I write, if not even I understand what I have written ... That's weird.

And absolutely: I enjoy failing with my predictions on a very regular basis, too. We should establish the KAFA - the Krautian Assumption Failing Association.

Kc's storytelling is pretty cool. And I like it a lot. Although WA is rushing towards its end, I really look forward to seeing,er, listening to the new project(s) by Kc ... That being said: I have not mentally quit from WA so far. And I look foward to re-listening to the show every now and then. And as soon as the giant-super-CD-box with all four seasons is available on Amazon or Audible or shit, I will go and get a copy asap - even, if I have to pay with my own blood.

And as an aside: Thank you, Kc and Osiris, for having given me some precious advice about how to approach writing. This has helped me a lot in my writing and especially the thinking about writing so far. I have started a small article-series on madadventurers(dot)com (under the pseudonym of Cpt. Future), and part of my work is based on the conceptual things you have told me.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Mar 16th, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    No offense, mate. But I think your way of writing in English is pretty well done - not only for a bloody Kraut or European. I have re-read some of my postings, and I really wonder how English-spokesmen are able to understand any of the shit I write, if not even I understand what I have written ... That's weird.

And absolutely: I enjoy failing with my predictions on a very regular basis. Kc's storytelling is pretty cool. And I like it a lot. Although WA is rushing towards its end, I really look forward to seeing,er, listenign to the new project(s) by Kc ...

And as an aside: Thank you, Kc and Osiris, for having me given some precious advice about how to approach writing. This has helped me a lot in my writing so far.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Would somebody do me a favor and rep this man?
    Thanks Liam.

+1
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Would somebody do me a favor and rep this man?
    Thanks Liam.

+1
    Thank you. And HA! You better re-read my text, 'cause I have put some changes to aka edited it ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Thank you. And HA! You better re-read my text, 'cause I have put some changes to aka edited it ...
    Okay, it is pun time: Liam, there is no way you are going to pay for the complete collection of WA with your own blood because EVERYONE knows that the veins of a lawyer are filled with (pun, pun!) ink.

Nevertheless, I really like the trailer you have created for your pseudonym, Cpt.!

Likes Z Sniper, LiamKerrington liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If I could, I would rep you for this link. Yeah, this TV-show was brilliant - at least back then when I was a child. A lot of cool memories being resurrected.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    If I could, I would rep you for this link. Yeah, this TV-show was brilliant - at least back then when I was a child. A lot of cool memories being resurrected.
    Guess what, does it not seem at least a bit awkward to reference a TV series which included a living brain (Dr Simon Wright) as a character in a this brain-devouring zombie-forum?

Simon.jpg

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Guess what, does it not seem at least a bit awkward to reference a TV series which included a living brain (Dr Simon Wright) as a character in a this brain-devouring zombie-forum?

Simon.jpg
    Just the right thing to tease 'em zombos ...
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast