User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked

Is Kalani's mystery still unresolved?

Hear me out here, this has been on my mind for a while. Kalani claims that he flew to LA after the biters came from the mainland to the little islands in Hawaii. However, we know that the local news in LA had reports of the "riots" well before the infection would have had a chance to spread to HI. It stands to reason that the news reports would have travelled out of the city by the time he left HI, or at the very least, LaLa Land would have been suspiciously silent. According to his timeframe, he must have known LA was toast, but still came here AND LANDED ON PURPOSE anyway? I don't recall him saying he had to do an emergency landing in LA, so wouldn't the airports have been closed by then?
    IDK, his whole story seems super suspicious to me. Even if Pippen recognized him, he would have been recognized as a fellow conspirator. Pippen should have helped him, not hurt him.

What are your thoughts?
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I have a vague recollection of him stating he was running out of fuel, so it was either LAX or the ocean. Again, it's a vague recollection. It's been a while since I've gone back and listened to the Kalani episodes.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Hello, welcome to the forum. Good questions, but before I chime in, how far into the story have you gotten? I don't want to spoil anything for you.
    Likes Verse, beedubu2 liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    I've binged since I found the podcast 2 weeks ago, but I'm finished 40-2 yesterday.

thanks!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Pippin could have connected him to the Mallers, but I'm at a loss as to how they could motivate him to to be a mole as opposed to turning against the Mallers. I have an idea about how the Mallers could do it but, again, spoilers...

As for why he flew to L.A...... Spoilers.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by beedubu2 View Post
    I've binged since I found the podcast 2 weeks ago, but I'm finished 40-2 yesterday.

thanks!
    Gotcha. Kalani did say that they had to crash land because there was a large plane already on the tarmac that he had to avoid hitting. As far as the news traveling to Hawaii before the outbreak, it's assumed by many on the forum that the outbreak started in a number of locations independently. When they were at Fort Irwin, Col. Kimmet told Micheal that there were a number of Hot Spots where the outbreak seems to have started; L.A., the S.F. Bay Area, Oregon, China, Japan and the Philippines. Along with Hawaii, all of these places are very geologically active, earthquakes and volcanoes. He said that they were leaving Hawaii on the hope that there was somewhere safe on the mainland.

Judging by the TiVo recording, it seemed that the outbreak spread so fast that areas first hit lost their ability to communicate and spread info to the outside.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Osiris is right: Kalani argued with Pippin about when and where to land; and Kalani insisted that it would have to have be LAX 'cause of the fuel running out.
    But you made me curious. I think I have to return to the Kalani story or earlier episodes in which Kalani explains when and why he had to leave Hawaii, because I might have missed the detail, which keeps you nervous.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wait a minute! Col. Kimmet said that it traveled to the East Coast pretty quickly (I think either a day or so) and THEN they found hot spots before all communications ceased. (Side note, how do the sat phones work but there's no outside communication?)

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Just to further confuse the subject...

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Imgs/Gif/P...nics_world.gif

as you can see, the "hot spots" along the ring of fire area are present(from the story) including Hawaii. BUT there is nothing to indicate any activity beyond the westernmost regions of the u.s.

curious.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

He says in his journal, "It was a long way to some place, we THOUGHT may be safe." Kalani's emphasis, not mine.

He then talks with Hannah about not hearing anything over the radio and she assumed that he was sure that the continental U.S. was safe. When Pippin joins them, they are surprised that no one responds over the radio. It sounds like they were hoping that the outbreak had not reached the continent. Judging by what most of the survivors seem to know about the outbreak, many seem surprised at its scope at one point or another. Even Kimmet, who had some communication and information from the outside was surprised that Hawaii was hit too. Apparently the outbreak spread faster or as fast as news. Eventually the spread of news stops but the infection continues.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast