User Tag List

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Randomly found it while searching zombie web sites...... now I'm hooked.

"Lurker"

Status
    My sister told me about it. She was looking for the civil war book (our nephew is a reenactor) "A World On Fire" but the first google result, aworldonfire.com, is actually a zombie blog. One of it's top posts was celebrating We're Alive's one millionth download.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I discovered "We're Alive" after hearing about it on the "Walking Dead 'Cast" just last week on iTunes. Being old school (meaning almost old), I liked the idea of a zombie show done in the traditional radio style drama. I did not expect it to be this great! I like zombie movies alright, but am more intrigued to the post-apocalyptic plot lines, as long as they have a great dramatic story to tell. Since "28 Days Later" is my favorite of these movies, I was excited about watching the "Walking Dead." I was not disappointed. How greatly I was surprised by "We're Alive," which surprisingly, is just as good as its cinematic and television counterparts. I was hooked immediately and blistered through all of season 1 up to season 2 Chapter 23 today.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hey all, been on the fourms for a while, but never got around to this, so figured now seemed like a good time. I actually was refered here from They Call Me Revolver after about a month or so of him going on and on and on about a zombie story done like the old school radio shows, which for some reason I imagined him sitting in front of the radio like the kid from "A Christmas Story". Anyhow, after about a month or so of this, I finally broke down and downloaded it on my iPad (about half way through season 2). A week later, got through all of them and was sad that I had to wait for a new one to air instead of being able to just goto the next one. And now I actually have the dates for when new episodes come out on my calander so I don't miss one!

"Lurker"

Status
    I am surprised I hadn't found this sooner. I have been a zombie fan for about 5 years, having been an Urban Dead player from 2007, plus being in some forum RPG games we set up on our UD Forums.

I found this a week ago by browsing and finding a torrent of the show. A big Thank You to the show producers for keeping all of the episodes available in the podcast RSS feed.

Before I found WA, I listened to Max Brooks' audiobooks "Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z", plus the pretty funny "You've Got Dead On You" comedy podcast. I got through a few episodes of "How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse", another comedy podcast that is pretty good.

"Lurker"

Status
    I listen to spill.com, podcast LEOG and everyweek they will make a refference to how amazing this story is... After awhile I looked it up, and they were right! So good! The voice actor of bird even made a cameo on the end of the show!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShezgottaSmilez View Post
    I listen to spill.com, podcast LEOG and everyweek they will make a refference to how amazing this story is... After awhile I looked it up, and they were right! So good! The voice actor of bird even made a cameo on the end of the show!
    Link?
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    The cameo at the end of the show, 157:02 Bird makes his cameo. It's awesome one too! Both cameo, and that podcast

http://spill.com/Podcasts/Listen.aspx?audioId=598

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

The cameo at the end of the show, 157:02 Bird makes his cameo. It's awesome one too! Both cameo, and that podcast

http://spill.com/Podcasts/Listen.aspx?audioId=598
    I shall endeavour to listen some time this week.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Taking a break from preparing for my summer vacation at the beach, I decided to check out iTunes for music and podcasts for the long drive. After downloading a ton of great music, on a whim I typed "zombie" in the Itunes Store search bar and immediately my eyes fixated on the "We're Alive" podcast... Then, in my car, I had one of the most memorable and enjoyable road trips to the beach ever listening to "We're Alive."

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast