User Tag List

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurLoved5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: skankyfish PSN ID: MrsFresh Steam ID: skankyfish Raptr ID: skankyfish
    Argh, I replied but quoted Storm's post, and the link in it got me mdoerated. i'm too impatient to wait to point out that the really interesting part of that to me is

"When given in relatively high doses, it can substantially increase appetite in most individuals, even those with advanced cancer, and is often used to boost appetite and induce weight gain in patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS-associated cachexia."

The ability to decrease circulating androgens is actually counter-intuitive, as it will antagonise the stanozolol. Maybe different cocktails for different special zombies? Megestrol acetate for the Little Ones and stanozolol for the Behemoths?
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Interesting that one of the things mentioned is that is "capable of decreasing circulating androgen and estrogen concentrations to castrate levels in both sexes and significantly lowering the expression of the androgen receptor (AR) and the estrogen receptor (ER) in the body".

Makes me think back to Tanya's autopsy on the Little One at Fort Irwin where she mentioned that development of sexual characteristics were not there (or diminished). That could be because the original Little One donors/hosts/people/??? where children. But this agent could have repressed sexual/reproductive development as the Little Ones "grew up"...

Good find!
    Definitely interesting, though I paid more attention to this part:
    "Megestrol acetate is used mainly as an appetite stimulant in a variety of conditions and as an antineoplastic agent in the treatment of breast, endometrial, and prostate cancers.[7] When given in relatively high doses, it can substantially increase appetite in most individuals, even those with advanced cancer, and is often used to boost appetite and induce weight gain in patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS-associated cachexia."
    ...Explains their hunger, I guess... Didn't Skittles say that some of the Zets only wanted to eat?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

So, what happens when they don't get their fix?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Didn't Skittles say that some of the Zets only wanted to eat?
    Yes, but he was talking about the normal ones.

But here's another question. If the Inklings need this stuff to be strong then how are they able to turn others into Inklings? Are they able to synthesize this stuff on their own? Are they able to transmit the ability to synthesize these drugs to others? What about the extra arteries?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Gamertag: idgetman05 PSN ID: idgetman Steam ID: idget
    Not sure if anyone else theorized this but I am going to say Dr. William Issac Wallace is Skittles. Just a wild guess. He was the first one I thought of when they said his name.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Idgetman View Post
    Not sure if anyone else theorized this but I am going to say Dr. William Issac Wallace is Skittles. Just a wild guess. He was the first one I thought of when they said his name.
    Skittles name is Duncan tho. He was at Dunbar.
    Likes thisonegirl, Storm liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by skankyfish View Post
    As an aside, bodybuilders use Preparation H too - they rub it all over themselves an hour or so before competition to try and look as ripped as possible.
    And, of course, a more common alternative use of Preparation H is to promote healing of tattoos. Now who do we know who has a load of tattoos, and who might be tattooing others.....
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    After seeing you post this (and running across a similar post from cupcakezombie in another thread) I went back and listened to that part again (Ch 2-3, ~20:55). Having the William I Roberts name now could make that snippet more meaningful.

I originally thought it said "the families" and assumed it meant the families of Ink's victims were upset that he was going to a hospital and not Death Row or the Big House (does Cali have a death penalty?) But the phrasing of "the family itself" could be talking about the Roberts family being upset about more than darling Billy being convicted (albeit on an insanity plea). Perhaps something else happend to a Roberts' family member.... Perhaps it was William I Roberts involvement in something....

My DVR has a button that let's me jump ahead 30 seconds at a time. I'm assuming the Tivo/DVR Lizzy found has the same thing and that is what she is using. A lot can be said in 30 seconds....

Then this post by whenallisdark registered

I assumed it was a repetition of the previous line from earlier (at least 60 seconds because of 2 jumps by Lizzy?) about the transport because sometimes news reporters give a wrap up line at the end to summarize key details. But what if there were 2 members of the Roberts family involved in something and both were being transported....

Hmmmm, I guess I shoulda posted this over in crackpot theories instead....

First off, Oh, goodness how I missed you guys and this forum! It's like putting on an old baggy, comfortable sweater... Nevermind, I'm not sure I want all the "crackpotness" that near my skin and heart. Still missed you, though!

Second, yes, California does indeed have a death row, but we don't use it much. It was suspended in 1972 and reinstated in 1977 and there have been 13 executions as of then.

Third, I think it's time, and scbubba, congrats. You were the cause for me to...
    After all this time, yes that is what made me finally put on the hat...

Fourth, I guess the third point kinda nullifies part of the first point since the "crackpotness" rubbed off anyway. So... *group hug* Really missed you guys!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, skankyfish liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    I am going back and re-listening to the series from the beginning and just listened to the part with the DVR talking about Ink's trial. They mention the homicides happened outside of Santa Monica, but if I am not mistaken Raydon is more in south east LA. So I am thinking either
    - The homicides have nothing to do with Raydon or testing (My personal vote)
    - Or if the two are related, some of the info we received from the recon and photos at Raydon will lead us to another location near Santa Monica that will result in a human testing facility discovery

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    I am going back and re-listening to the series from the beginning and just listened to the part with the DVR talking about Ink's trial. They mention the homicides happened outside of Santa Monica, but if I am not mistaken Raydon is more in south east LA. So I am thinking either
    - The homicides have nothing to do with Raydon or testing (My personal vote)
    - Or if the two are related, some of the info we received from the recon and photos at Raydon will lead us to another location near Santa Monica that will result in a human testing facility discovery
    did they say the homicides happned outside Santa Monica....or ink was apprehended outside santa Monica?

I heard the latter, which makes more sense, logistically
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast