User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

I never watched one episode of Lost or any tv show from start to finish for that matter. We're Alive will be the first series of anything that I've followed through with. Haha after re-reading that I sound like I have issues with commitment and that I'm unstable.... Not the case FYI, maybe. KC is doing a great job and certain folks need not worry so much and the Lost comparison is really far fetched from what We're Alive is. I know in life I have tons of unanswered questions but I don't go and get my panties in a bunch and blame the powers that be take it for what it is and enjoy yourself. Amen!
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by runs4theheckofit View Post
    I know in life I have tons of unanswered questions but I don't go and get my panties in a bunch and blame the powers that be take it for what it is and enjoy yourself. Amen!
    yea....this.

jus sayin
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Just to prepare you, there will be a few questions that will be left to some interpretation. Not every question's answer will be spelled out explicitly, so don't expect that. But, there will be many that will. You'll be given the pieces to the puzzle you need to solve it.
    Probably one of the best news of the last days ... I like the idea of leaving the community "alone" to think about shit. Certainly there will be a lot of things we will get and have to take face-value; but having the remaining opportunities to think about shit is just awesome. That's actually what I enjoy so much about We're Alive: bits and pieces to think over and over and over again ... Thank you very much!

edit: And I don't give a shit about the shit of LOST ... I haven't watched more than a couple of minutes of this TeeVo-misery, so I could not care less about it ... /edit
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I've just gotta say this.

There have been more than a few( aside from the couple within this thread) who have basically scoffed at the idea of watching lost, or any serialized television for that matter over the last couple years on this forum when the subject comes up. Simple fact is, while most, if not 90% of television nowadays is absolute garbage..the 10% that is good is worth checking out. I feel like too many take the mentality of being to good for television, or too busy or....fuck who knows what their reasonings are. You people really selling are yourselves short on entertainment opportunities. LOST really was a once in a lifetime kind of show. If you watched that show up to season five it probly was some of the best storytelling going. The layers within layers within layers were about as well told as many of the best novels ive read. And this coming from a show on prime time television no less. I feel like what made that show great is the thing that also made it fail in the last season. And part of the reason doing what KC is doing here is really quite insane to try and pull off and not have a screaming mob of fans ready to lynch him. His only advantage in that case is we are hundreds, maybe thousands....not millions.

But back to my point about tv. Television really is the worst of all the entertainment mediums to try and get a really well done, thought provoking, interesting, creative story from. Why is that? Advertising dollars? Marketing of material? Lack of creative writers? I feel it's probly 50% all those things. The other 50% could be largely chalked up to a lack of people actually watching the show (I have no facts to back this up, I can only base it on speculation and things ive heard). Television only happens if people are there to watch. A show im thinking of specifically is one called Rubicon. Rubicon was probly some of the smartest, most well thought out shows I had seen within the last ten years or so. Storyline on point, good acting, plot moved along nicely, and it kept you riveted...coming back for more. What happened? It was cancelled after one season. From everything I read, due to the fact that nobody was watching.
    My point being, if you want good entertainment...you make it happen as much as the creators do. While im pretty sure Kc has said he would have continued doing this thing even if it had not taken off as well as it did... How do you think this would have played out if we're alive were a show on a&e? Simple fact is it probly would have been cancelled, just like Rubicon. And then all this story we have grown to love would not exist, or at least not in the same capacity it does now.

im not trying to point anyone out, call others bad things, or question anyone's opinions with this big ole rant. Everyone is entitled to their feelings opinions, including me. I just feel that with enough of us so called "smart people" not watching television, what the rest get on tv is the 90% bullshit. You want good entertainment like this podcast, you make it happen...on all mediums.

Rant over...
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Oct 5th, 2013 at 03:24 AM.
    KAW

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Good story telling has to operate on many levels, there are so many personality types that have to be balanced. Some people screaming too many zombies and another screaming not enough means it is about right, but for me it is the little things.

I love lose ends that get filled in later. Sometimes I go over the deep end. Riley finds a colt .45. I count the shots fired at the start of the war and I hear five. It's called a six shooter, but cowboys often only carried five rounds so the hammer would not accidentally get bumped and shoot themselves in the foot. It is called a cowboy load out...

So I make up this great backstory that it is a colt .45 revolver antique not a classic 1911. I was wrong, but you know what? I was entertained. :throws sidearm: Are you not entertained?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I've just gotta say this.
    Rant over...
    Standing and applauding.
    Likes Sin Angel liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Just for the sake of clairifcation: My LOST bashing is aimed at LOST, about which I am very opiniated, because I simply did not connect with this utter metabolic waste product of our pop-culture. Maybe I just watched the wrong few minutes; maybe I simply did not enjoy the idea about a Robinson Crusoe story gone wild on steroids and cheap marketing strategies. But that does not matter - didn't back then, does not right now, and won't matter in the future.
    Besides: I don't enjoy TeeVo on a much broader scale. Actually: I don't watch it, because I enjoy a life without redundant stress. And TeeVo is stress for me. I don't need that. And this has nothing to do with being smart, elite, a dumbass, a crazy weirdo, or whatnot ... It's just a matter of personal opinion. Most of my friends enjoy TeeVo-shit; and actually I receive random recommendations and buy or borrow shows like "The Wire" or "Dead Wood" or even "Dr. House" ... Yes, I am a House-Fan ...

For me it is simply important to stress one thing: We're Alive is hardly comparable with almost any TeeVo-production - no matter how good or bad the TeeVo-production may be. Major reason: We're Alive takes place in your heads; you have to create your pictures or envisioning of this thing yourself; you are not fast-foot-junked on it like you are with any TeeVo-shit, which not only offers stories and sounds, but also the pictures. So I have a hard time accepting any 'broad' or 'general' comparison between We're Alive and TeeVo garbage. And this is what I hoped to point out in my first posting over here ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 5th, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Just for the sake of clairifcation: My LOST bashing is aimed at LOST, about which I am very opiniated, because I simply did not connect with this utter metabolic waste product of our pop-culture. Maybe I just watched the wrong few minutes; maybe I simply did not enjoy the idea about a Robinson Crusoe story gone wild on steroids and cheap marketing strategies. But that does not matter - didn't back then, does not right now, and won't matter in the future.
    Besides: I don't enjoy TeeVo on a much broader scale. Actually: I don't watch it, because I enjoy a life without redundant stress. And TeeVo is stress for me. I don't need that. And this has nothing to do with being smart, elite, a dumbass, a crazy weirdo, or whatnot ... It's just a matter of personal opinion. Most of my friends enjoy TeeVo-shit; and actually I receive random recommendations and buy or borrow shows like "The Wire" or "Dead Wood" or even "Dr. House" ... Yes, I am a House-Fan ...

For me it is simply important to stress one thing: We're Alive is hardly comparable with almost any TeeVo-production - no matter how good or bad the TeeVo-production may be. Major reason: We're Alive takes place in your heads; you have to create your pictures or envisioning of this thing yourself; you are not fast-foot-junked on it like you are with any TeeVo-shit, which not only offers stories and sounds, but also the pictures. So I have a hard time accepting any 'broad' or 'general' comparison between We're Alive and TeeVo garbage. And this is what I hoped to point out in my first posting over here ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    The funny thing is, the forum reminds me a lot of LOST due to the vast amount of "everything is interconnected" crackpot theories.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    The funny thing is, the forum reminds me a lot of LOST due to the vast amount of "everything is interconnected" crackpot theories.
    Lol, I resemble that remark, but never watched the show or know much about it...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Lol, I resemble that remark, but never watched the show or know much about it...
    you and I existed on every LOST based forum, art...i mean grog (still does not feel right).
    KAW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast