User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angel's Ring

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Angel's Ring

In Season 3 we learn about Angel's ring. Question, does he go home and get it at the end of the world or does he have it with him all along? If it really is a link to organized crime, why keep it in normal day to day activities? Wouldn't having it risk exposure to a life one is seeking to escape? If it is crime, why bother after the world collapses?

But, if it is an apocalyptic cult and one has some knowledge of Z-day in advance, it is a pretty important thing to have.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I don't recall us ever hearing Angel goes back to his own place so I'd assume it's something he has on him. Despite what it represents, it's still a gift from his father. He could have it like a necklace or maybe he actually wears it but no one except family members understand it's meaning.

I don't think the family serves more purpose than to intertwine Scratch to Angel's stories.....and of course to allow for some momentary "Scratch will die" drama only to have her do what she did to Durai.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Yeah that does seem strange that he has it on him. Not being in the military, I'll have to defer to an expert on this, but when you're in the thick of your indentured servitude are you allowed to wear hand jewelry?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Yeah that does seem strange that he has it on him. Not being in the military, I'll have to defer to an expert on this, but when you're in the thick of your indentured servitude are you allowed to wear hand jewelry?
    Good point, but I would say that as a reservist he would have been coming from home. Remember that he and Michael had that conversation about how they got there. He could have had it on his person and planned to put it in his locker once they suited up and went out.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    In the Army you are allowed to wear rings while in uniform. Usually just one, and not too big or flashy. Then again, you should see the big garish things that officers that graduated from West Point wear, which is the reason they're nicknamed "ring knockers".

We never fully fleshed out Angel's relationship with Cindy. Maybe he was living with her, and the ring was in her apartment.
    Likes scbubba, Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Good point, but I would say that as a reservist he would have been coming from home. Remember that he and Michael had that conversation about how they got there. He could have had it on his person and planned to put it in his locker once they suited up and went out.
    I'd agree with that. It's been a looooong time since I've listened to the first three eps. I might actually do that tonight. Hmm.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    In the military you are allowed to wear rings while in uniform. Usually just one, and not too big or flashy. But you should see the big garish things that officer that graduated from West Point wear, which is the reason they're nicknamed "ring knockers".

We never fully fleshed out Angel's relationship with Cindy. Maybe he was living with her, and the ring was in her apartment.
    I think I'm the only one that still holds out hope that Angel will come back for some back story. I miss that character more with each episode we put behind us.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'd agree with that. It's been a looooong time since I've listened to the first three eps. I might actually do that tonight. Hmm.
    I just roped a coworker into listening and since she doesn't have room on her phone she uses mine to listen on our commute to and from NYC. I can hear the story through her headphones so I'm getting a mini Season 1 crash course.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, scbubba, Osiris liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    i burned through all 3 current seasons in 3 weeks to get up to speed for this. other than that, i think the angel story is finished until perhaps mentioned again during a possible downfall of Scratch.

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    I'd suggest he always had it with him to remind him of his father. Despite was his father was caught up in, and how Angel himself had turned his back on that, it's still something to remind him of the good times he had with his father, perhaps.
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast