User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I saw a kickstarter once for some guy who USED to podcast. His kickstarter was to fund him going back into Podcasting. He wanted thousands of dollars for the latest Macbook Pro, Ipad for sound clips, Multiple Microphones, Soundboard, Sound damping material for a home studio, and several thousand more to pay for web hosting and misc expenses. In other words he was a douchebag. I don't think he got fully funded ONLY because he asked for a stupid amount of money. It was so blatantly clear that he just wanted his old fans to buy him stuff.

If that jerk could get any money at all We're Alive shoudl be able to generate a very nice kickstarter to fund. We're Alive Novels, We're alive mini stories I would donate to get a copy of Burt's war stories,Tuna Sandwhich and all.

The win a date with Jenna think is creepy, but a Win a personallized recording of Jenna saying that If I ever call her again she will cut my balls off.... well... that is also creepy but less like prostitution.
    Likes Osiris liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    I saw a kickstarter once for some guy who USED to podcast. His kickstarter was to fund him going back into Podcasting. He wanted thousands of dollars for the latest Macbook Pro, Ipad for sound clips, Multiple Microphones, Soundboard, Sound damping material for a home studio, and several thousand more to pay for web hosting and misc expenses. In other words he was a douchebag. I don't think he got fully funded ONLY because he asked for a stupid amount of money. It was so blatantly clear that he just wanted his old fans to buy him stuff.

If that jerk could get any money at all We're Alive shoudl be able to generate a very nice kickstarter to fund. We're Alive Novels, We're alive mini stories I would donate to get a copy of Burt's war stories,Tuna Sandwhich and all.

The win a date with Jenna think is creepy, but a Win a personallized recording of Jenna saying that If I ever call her again she will cut my balls off.... well... that is also creepy but less like prostitution.
    What about . . . win a date with Nikvoodoo? Or win a date with Osiris!
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Hell I'll throw my name in on this haha!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

win a date with turbo!
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: kinaisan
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Hell I'll throw my name in on this haha!
    What about Mr. Whiskers? Or Lady? No love for the animals? hahahah

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Fortunately we may not have to go with some of these aspects for fundraising. We might do it more towards the end to raise funds for the finale show, but we'll talk more about that later.

"Lurker"

Status
    Maybe offer an exclusive webcast... such as being able to watch a recording session or something.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Character named after donor ( assuming any more get introduced)

"Lurker"

Status
    Might I suggest “We’re Alive” out of context and time character short story for a paid download fee? I realize that you prefer to keep “We’re Alive” free and I support that idea but would consider making appendixes for the masses that are not required for the main event? Maybe the scripts would sell online? Heck, I think a “how to make an audio production” PDF would be a good idea. Blooper record?
    I would likely use Sellfy.com over Kickstarter.com because of the cost alone. Kickstarter charges 10% (well 5% for Kickstarter and 5% for Amazon) and you have to set a capital bottom line. Sellfy is 5% plus you can use one of the advertisement slots to circulate the shorten hyperlink but you need to finish the product first. Sorry, I am not associated with any of the companies in questions I mentioned so I can not vouch for the quality or process flow.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    What about a bonus series of podcasts after that include bloopers and deleted scenes or alternate script ideas etc. Pre-sell it now and wait to release it till after the season is over. Anyone who buys into it can get a code or login and make a seperate feed (like the We're Not Dead Podcast, make a We're Alive: The Special Edition feed or something). I'm not sure of all the costs involved but this seems like it would be a low cost investment to setup and with the volume of listeners, even if only a small percentage bought in that it could still drive some good $$$.

I think movie theater add size posters of chapter artwork signed by the cast would probably sell. If I wasn't unemployed at the moment I'd buy one haha.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast