User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

In the end . . . it's fiction, right? Allowances can be made for fuzzy science.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    In the end . . . it's fiction, right? Allowances can be made for fuzzy science.

I dunno. Once you start adding fuzzy science then this story about the zombie apocalypse just becomes unrealistic.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Well, I mean . . . we kind of threw realism out the window when we bought into Kalani running up and down stairs, so . . .
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Is this about fuzziness of science, or is this about insight and understanding of the writer's,i.e. Kc's choice how to consider different military verhicles? After all it is fiction; and since this is a zombie-story after all, fuzzy science is nearly mandatory, isn't it ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Osiris liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The thing which really bugs me is why Datu simply did not modify a Bradley so that it would have been able to accelarate up to 88 mph, equipped which and additional flux compensator device in order to travel back in time. That is how z-day could be prevented by a maintenance guy from the future.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    The thing which really bugs me is why Datu simply did not modify a Bradley so that it would have been able to accelarate up to 88 mph, equipped which and additional flux compensator device in order to travel back in time. That is how z-day could be prevented by a maintenance guy from the future.
    Because ...
    ... he was in Boulder when excrements started hitting the fan.

In Boulder I assume he was considered a civilian, so no access to military vehicles and thus no opportunity to make autobots out of military verhicles.
    And when Irwin got x-rayed Datu was not in the position (or situation) to modify "tanks and shit".

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I was not referring to a certain time period. Hit me, wall of reason.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I was not referring to a certain time period. Hit me, wall of reason.
    Well, I just tried to provide an answer to your question as to why Datu did not modify things.

And I agree with you: If Datu the resourceful had the opportunity to create the total Anti-Zombie-Bradley-of-Awesomeness-And-Badassitude, this deed would have canceled the zombocalypse. But this would have put an end to the "Story of Survival" as well. So after all all of us are lucky that this did not happen ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    +1, Liam. :-)

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Thanks for the update on the tanks, Cabbage Patch. Forgot about the capabilities of the co-ax MG on the M-1. Was just thinking of the other ones.

Wasn't trying to undersell the M-1s at all. Just thinking about a couple of things in the scenario: Kimmet not the best tactician, limited supply of tank drivers/gunners on base, perhaps limited supply of anti-infantry ordinance for the tanks, and the possibility of tens of thousand fast, agile, individuals that can survive heavy punishment.

All that makes for an equation where adding some M-1s to the game wouldn't change the tide, IMO.

As for the Little Ones and the Bradleys - I assumed they were pulling the doors open instead of making holes in the metal. Sounds like that is the case.

Good discussion about the battle of Fort Irwin. Thanks for wading into it KC to give us some more insight/info!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast