User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Michael Got to meet one of my idols this weekend...

So my brother, my best friend, and I were looking for someplace to eat near SDCC's gaslamp district, and came across a nice seafood place. My brother was getting tired of hamburgers and junk food, so he said he'd treat for someplace nice. During our conversation at the table we talked about a friend of ours who happen to meet one of my idols last night, Joss Whedon. That friend is pretty much fearless when it comes to meeting people and putting himself out there in ways that I, myself, would not.
    So, we sat there eating dinner when I joked that, "Oh, I bet you didn't know we were eating dinner with George R R Martin". There was a guy behind us to the left with his back towards us, and I didn't think it was him. For most of the dinner we went back and forth several times whether or not it was him, but my brother was like "he has suspenders, it has to be him".

SO, being one of my 3 idols, I was a bit excited, but I still had no idea if it was him. It was then decided that we would want to maybe give him a thanks, even if it wasn't him. So, we talked to the waitress and asked if we could send over a desert as a thank you. This is FAR from our norm, and would normally not advocate doing it, but at the same time we still didn't know if it was him and if not we'd just have a big laugh over it at our expense.
    The waitress goes over, makes the offer, but he is leaving. On his way out he graciously thanks us and we say back that he's one of our greatest hero's and an inspiration. (I'm also a writer). We ask for a picture and he says, sure, and we comment about the good food, as does he. My brother mentions that it's my birthday this week and we're sorta celebrating (news to me that this was now my b-day present). He was like, Oh, in that case... takes out a coin and tosses it to me. He says his goodbye and exits.

The coin is the faceless man...

YES, it's a commercial coin and anyone can buy one, but few may have been given one by the man who created them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    Fantastic that's an amazing story well done and Happy birthday KC!

This looks like the beginning of the most epic collabs ever.. lol. Turns out Corporal Puck was originally from the Iron islands?
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Shit. Everyone's gonna die.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Shit. Everyone's gonna die.
    Ha! Yeah, if GRRM had a hand in writing 'We're Alive', everybody'd be dead but Ink and Tardust.

Besides, I thought he lived in New Mexico?!

p.s. Kc, you suck for having all the good celebs over there. No self-respecting celebrity would ever come to Boston. Even Tom Brady lives in California in the off-season...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ha! Yeah, if GRRM had a hand in writing 'We're Alive', everybody'd be dead but Ink and Tardust.

Besides, I thought he lived in New Mexico?!

p.s. Kc, you suck for having all the good celebs over there. No self-respecting celebrity would ever come to Boston. Even Tom Brady lives in California in the off-season...
    Happy Birthday KC!

He does live in Santa Fe(according to Wikipedia). He was probably in CA for the San Diego Comic Con this last weekend. And I saw on Wikipedia that we share our birthday!

Ok, should clarify... GRRM and I share a b-day...
    Last edited by Lilydragon; Jul 22nd, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Seconded. Kc sucks.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Wait . . . were we not bagging on Kc right now? Because I had some good ones about him going "Hollywood" on us.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Wait . . . were we not bagging on Kc right now? Because I had some good ones about him going "Hollywood" on us.
    I don't think so dude...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilydragon View Post
    Happy Birthday KC!

He does live in Santa Fe(according to Wikipedia). He was probably in CA for the San Diego Comic Con this last weekend. And I saw on Wikipedia that we share our birthday!

Ok, should clarify... GRRM and I share a b-day...
    I was like, I'm on Wikipedia?! But, nope. I sure wish the show was on there, but alas, I can't put it on there. That self-publishing rule says I can't do it... but someone else could.

Dude! He sucks!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Uh, is it just me, or is Kc a dead ringer for David Cross from back in his 'Mr. Show' days...

Judge for yourself...

We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast