User Tag List

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Thing to mention in the Story

There are certain things that are never mentioned in the story that bug me because I am familiar with them.
    None of this adds any to the story but realism and too much realism is not always good. I am a little Obscessive compulsive and even if nothing changes if I say something about it I might stop thinking about it

1. Reloading. Any gun guy like Burt would have reloading equipment. If I was a survivor I would be taking car batteries for the lead plates in them. Casting bullets is not hard, Burt should have had mold if he had a gun shop. When I was a kid my dad would melt lead on the stove in a steel can then pour in into my pinwood derby car for ballast, so melting lead isn't a problem. Ammo is going to get critical they should be collecting brass. After the tower was destroyed Saul said the mallers took everything, even the brass.

2. Ham Radios. Ham radio users have a annual FIELD DAY, where they practice setting up a communications network for national disasters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_Day_(amateur_radio) During 911, Katrina and other national disasters Amature radio user have been used for critical communications because Ham radios will work when there is no infrastructure for power, cell phones or telephones. Ham Radios can also cover 30-40 miles easily but with the right radio and weather distances you can communicate around the world. I would expect there to be more Ham radio operators in the survivors because they would get the best information and in remote areas would have had more time to prepare. Glen should know all about ham radios, the only reason I can think for not using them is that they are not encripted.

3. More homemade weapons! If I was a survivor I would be obsessed with having as many weapons as possible. Now that the survivors are going on the offensive I would be making Fertilizer bombs (Timmothy McVeigh style). I would be making more traps. Get zombies to follow you into a warehouse, close the outside doors then light it on fire.

3. Add a dog a Cat and a Gorilla with a baseball bat! Never mind, cool idea but already taken.

I am sure I will think of more later

Another thing that would be worth mentioning in the story would be nature triving now that humans lost the ability to efficently control them. There is a awesome documentary about how wolves are thriving in the radioactive area around Chernobyl. The radiation causes what humans would consider a unacceptably high birth defect rate but its not a problem for wild animals.

It would be cool for survivors still in boulder to trapped by a small group of zombies and be saved by a mixed pack of wild dogs and wolves.

4. I would expect flying animals to really be thriving, The California Condor was barely saved some extinction, there were only 22 alive in 1987, estimated 400 alive today. Being a scavenger that eats dead animals I would expect that they are thriving. California Condors are HUGE 9ft wingspan. If the survivors saw one othe these they would comment on it. Vultures may even be a way to spot the zombie nests because of all of the bodies stored there.

http://documentaryheaven.com/wolves-...byl-dead-zone/
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Jul 4th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Nice suggestions. I like the home made weapons one too. Pipe bombs for example. The mallers did it. Here's my ideas

1. More use of dangerous gases (please no fart jokes.. well not many). For example, make the lobby airtight, and when zombies come in, just gas the whole room, then come in and shoot them. I know they become tolerant, but each one would only get one dose and then be shot.
    2. What about monster trucks? You could drive over the cars blocking the highways. Daytrip to Ft Irwin, no probs.
    3. Poisons. Given that the zombies are cannibals, a non-degradable poison that hurts them should kill a while colony of Zs. Just like with roaches. We've had it confirmed that the Zs have biological systems just like people, just different from us, so there could well be effective poisons. Chlorophyll worked, so that confirms it's possible.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

Monster trucks get horrible milage have a slow top speed and make a ton of noise so it might be suicide to drive ... So yes we need more monster trucks!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Monster trucks get horrible milage have a slow top speed and make a ton of noise so it might be suicide to drive ... So yes we need more monster trucks!
    Dang!! Didn't know that about Monster Trucks. It looked so good in my mind.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

I was trying to figure out a way to take a bulldozer and just plow a path to Fort Irwin but it woudl be suicide for the same reason... MORE BULLDOZERS
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    A tank?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_in_the_headlights View Post
    A tank?
    A tank with a huge snowplow attachment mounted on front. Let the fuckers try to ambush that thing...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

How about a Oskosh snow blower

Sometimes you need Military strength equipment

Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Jul 28th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Likes peterw liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!