User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp Pendleton

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Pendleton may very well be a long way away from LA and the Colony in Z-time, but the score might be worth the trip. Even for fuel for the chopper alone. I remember always seeing the Marines running drills with their choppers out there when I was a kid. And the ammo score might be worth it if there is still any left to be had. It seems like if there were more fuel for the chopper that some of the scouting and supply runs to farther off locations could be done much easier, and you would have another emergency exit plan like they used it for when Irwin when boom.

Plus it doesn't seem like we have heard of any venturing too far south of the colony (that doesn't mean they haven't been doing it of course, just that we haven't heard about it). There are a lot of gas stations in Orange County that could be siphoned to help with the fuel shortages. If they could head inland too towards Corona/Norco there are a lot of fruit orchards and some cattle/horse ranches still. Not sure how many animals would still be alive at this point, but relocating some more trees and the possibility of picking up some more livestock to have a more sustainable food source could be worth the trip. Lots of options really.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    The only thing I have against the Camp Pendelton theory is if they went there at this stage of the game, I don't think there would be a lot left. Even with how fast it spread a large amount resources would have been equiped with the Marines there. Now lets say that they got overran very quickly. That still leaves a long timeline for others to go in and scavenge anything they could find. From active military that survived long enough to former military to people from that area. I mean Burt had a gun shop and we saw how long that went until it was raided almost clean! Granted some places on Pendelton have Ammunition Supply Points that are heavier than Burt's vault, but that would still be difficult to get into. Personally if they went there and got packed out like that scene in The Matrix where all the guns racks, I think I'd have to pull the BS card...
    The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties. <<---- TALKING TO YOU ROBINS!!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I can see it play out either way. There seems to be something different going on in the story. Very few people seem to turn. One claymore mine turns the tide at the tower early in season one. That means tens of biters, not thousands from the millions that lived in LA. Second, although very few biters are created, nearly everyone dies. More than five million in LA and the survivors are in the low hundreds.

This mix creates an interesting dynamic, there are not a lot of humans left to consume ammo and there is not a lot of stuff to shoot. Second, until the fall of Denver, there was not a pressing need for the heavy stuff. Standard personal weapons were enough. This is probably why Denver was overrun so quickly.

Heavy weapons bring a few big problems. Who wants to hump a SAW or heavier for day to day patrol duty when an MP5 seems to get the job done? Who wants a long gun when most of the hard contact is in close quarters? Not to mention the over penetration problem the heavy weapons bring to a civilian suburbia.

Like I said, I can see it play out either way. We do not really know as much as we think we do. We can make a lot of assumptions based on TEOTWAWKI genre, but KC has enough talent to change things up on us.

In summary, in the We're Alive Story, there really are not many people left, they died within the first few hours to days and there is not much to shoot. Five million people in LA, about 100 survivors. Not many more, because for a long while the tower was the only place with lights on and survivors would be able to see that for miles and miles. When the tower is attacked by biters, it is tens of enemy, not thousands.
    Likes scbubba, Unit liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12