User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid

REZombie's Gun Reviews

Hello everyone! I was going to make this a Blog, but couldn't figure out how to post a blog, so here it is. Sadly, no range pics. My phone died on me after first pic.

My Review of the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .40cal:

I had been in the market for a new everyday carry gun, and had tossed around several options and just couldn't decide. So after doing my fair share of research online, i headed off last Sun to the C&E Gunshow in Winston-Salem, NC. They were packed! After walking around a couple hours and drooling, i finally started searching hard for what would be my new carry gun. I looked over the Glocks, Beretta, Taurus and a few others. After a little while of searching i found a booth that had a S&W M&P 40c.

After holding the gun with and without the pinky extension, i realized this was the gun for me. So i handed over my $500 and my permit and off i went with my new addition to the family. After getting home, i was pleased to see that it came with a nice plastic case, and not just the cheap cardboard box thats far too common with new guns today. It came with two 10rd mags, one with a pinky extension and one without, and it came with 3 different size backstraps for the grip. After installing the backstrap of my choice, and giving her a good inspection and cleaning, it was off to the range.

Once at the range, with the targets set and safety gear on, the first thing i notic is how well the gun points. It falls right in line from the draw, great little pointing gun. I fired a couple of shots, just to get the hang of the recoil and POI. Not bad. Justs a bit more then i expected, but with the different backstraps for a custom fit, it still felt pretty good. That sights hit where i pointed, so now it was time to see what she could do. I set my target at 7 yards, and using a solid double hand grip, 9 of my first 10rds hit inside the 3" center ring. I'm very impressed at this point. I backed out to 15yards and with the same grip put 6 out of 10rds in the 3" center. Now i'm sold completely on this gun. But for my last text, i did something i normally only do on full size handguns, and thats check its long range accuracy. I have a 18x12" metal target at 100yards. Out of 10rds i pinged that metal plate 5 times. Thats normal for a full size gun, but fairly rare on a compact handgun.

Specs:

Model: M&P40c
    Caliber: .40S&W
    Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 3.5"
    Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount (Tritium Sights Optional)
    Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry (Tritium Sights Optional)
    Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.
    Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in.
    Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in.
    Frame: Compact
    Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68 HRc
    Overall Length: 6.7"
    Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components
    Weight Empty (No Mag): 21.9 oz.
    Overall Height: 4.3"
    Width: 1.2"
    Sight Length: 5.75"

My Rating:

Fit and Feel: 7/10, it would have been higher, but the bottom of the trigger guard has left a blister on the side of my middle finger. Nothing a little grip tape cant fix though.
    Look and Size: 9/10 For a double stack 10+1rd .40 cal, it actually tucks away easily. Looks nice, defined edges, no unsightly bulky areas, nice sights.
    Accuracy: 9/10 The little gun is a shooter thats for sure.
    Reliability: With only 200 rounds through the gun, its hard to accurately rate it.. But so far no failures
    Overall: 9/10 You cant go wrong with this gun. I would highly recommend it.
    Last edited by REZombie; Mar 27th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Lurker"

Status
    I noticed if the slide is forward and i try to insert a full mag it requires for me to slam the mag in cara memberi halaman pada word
    if i dont do that the mag will not go in all the way. It only does this with a full mag, if its half full it will go in normally. I was told this was normal by S&W but it doesnt seem right and i never had this issue with other guns. any input?

"Lurker"

Status
    The topic is quite good, but it must be of little interest
    drift boss

"Lurker"

Status
    I would love to get into the guns and stuff, but I live in London and the laws are too strict, it's simply not worth it.