Thread: Gay Marriage!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Pin Gay Marriage!!!

This may, or may not, have anything to do with "We're Alive"
    SPOILER 
    the question of marriage may come into play one day. I know this topic can get very heated very quickly but I still want to put my two cents in and listen to the different perspectives of the residents of the tower. I personally don't think gay marriage is right but its not up to me to make that decision. I believe that decision falls to the religious institution performing the marriage. If you can find a priest, preacher, or holly man that's willing to marry you then so be it...but...I also believe in the sepration of church and state. That being said...I have never understood why the government is involved in the religious institution of marriage any way. Marriage is a religious bonding of two people...no matter what religion you follow or not. If you say vows and mention a deity of some sort that you believe is witnessing your marriage then it qualifies as a religious rite. So why does the government say that you're not married if you don't file your marriage with them? Some people may say that its about recieving tax breaks and other priviledges offered by the government if they are married. And again...I say why is the government getting involved at all? I believe that a flat tax would solve the whole problem. That way no one is shown any special treatment for marriage or anything else and the government can remove itself from the instituion of mariage all together.

What say you?
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags