User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I mean if you look at the past election and the Tea Party candidates ran on their own platform and left the moderate republican base alone, the make up of congress would look much much different. I'd prefer have 4 some odd parties. For the movements we know now: Far Left represented by OWS, Democrats take the middle left, Republicans cover the middle right, Tea Party covers the Far Right. I'd prefer that.
    That seems reasonable to me. Then our representative form of government could really represent the constituency more and special interests (at least a little bit) less. But, like so many things, the money isn't in this sort of thing so it ain't likely to just happen...

I think the White House would need a steel cage installed on the grounds
    That would definitely get more people interested in politics and watching CSPAN....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    *walks into thread... *reads title... *turns and walks out.
    Ha ha. Same here, but I think I'll share a bit before tip-toeing away.
    Approval Voting: You vote for as many candidates as you wish that are on the ballot. You don't vote for anyone who you do NOT want to win. The candidate with the most votes win. There are other variants such as ranking your votes into 1st, 2nd, ... choice and so on.

OK, bye bye.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    time to completely change the tone of this thread...

you know what else they're coming for? your people...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    "Hide your kids....hide your wife! Cause they're raping everyone in here!!!" Talk about a hellish story to live through! I'd rather they just kill me! LOL!!!

Oh...hey, KC. How about letting us know where you stand on gun control? I mean...you created a story where everyone is using guns to combat a threat. I would think that would mean that you're not the typical California tree hugger. Am I wrong? "The World Wants To Know!!!" LOL!!!

And before anyone makes a remark about me being from one of the most racist states in the Union...You're absolutely right!!! LOL!!! Mississippi sucks...but it never gets overrun by zombies!!! LOL!!! Take that California!!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    time to completely change the tone of this thread...

you know what else they're coming for? your people...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to reaper239 again.

+1 Buddy
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to reaper239 again.

+1 Buddy
    well, i been getting some love anyway, thanks all the same.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    No one with a head on their shoulders is suggesting abolition of all guns. But. Can anyone tell me legit reason one needs military grade assault weapons, extended clips, or fully automatic anything?
    First off, full-autos are already highly regulated and highly expensive so there aren't a lot of civilians that legally own them. Truthfully, other than being extremely fun to go lead farmer, full auto is just a waste of ammo.
    Can I assume by "military grade assault weapons" you mean military style semi-auto rifles such as AR-15 & AK-47s. Actually, the .223 & 7.62x39 rounds of these rifles are less powerful than rounds used in most hunting rifles. Otherwise if you're talking grenades, rocket launchers, etc. then again regulated and not in civilian hands.
    "High capacity" magazines, me personally I like them because I'm lazy about reloading. Load up a few 30rd mags and head to the range. Of course there's also the idea of having more rounds in the gun if the STHF. All in all, when the 10rd limit was active (and still is in some areas) it's nothing but a feel good law. Anyone halfway proficient with a firearm could empty three 10rd mags just as fast a a single 30rd mag, so to me that's a non-issue.
    I will mention .50cal rifles. I have seriously considered buying one, simply because I could, but the reality is I have no where to shoot it. Now if someone wants one, I don't have a problem with civilian ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Should it be as easy as a craigslist meet-up to buy a .50cal bolt action rifle or AR-15? Probably not. And you can't legally do that in a lot of places. Some places you can (Colorado and Arizona for example, if I recall correctly). And it's pretty damned hard to legally acquire full auto weapons (but it is possible to legally do it in a lot of states).

I'm not against laws around firearms. We have a lot. But let's face it, no matter how many we have, disturbed and/or violent people will find a way....
    Gun ads aren't allowed on Craigslist, I've already tried that.
    In all honesty, I do try to do as many private party sales as I can, not because I want to do anything illegal (and I do follow the rules for private party sales), I just don't trust our government and I want a few guns "off the record". I'll be attending a gun show this weekend and I'm hoping there will be some folks needing last minute Christmas money.

My 82% comment was made in jest. I did not mean to disparage what you were saying about gun deaths, though the sites I've been visiting do break it down to the different degrees...I suppose for lack of a better term right now...

The second amendment is intended to create a militia against the British should they decide to come back. This was before the US had a military industrial complex and a standing army, navy, marine corp and air force.....especially the air force....if they had figured that out back then I'd be really impressed...

The idea that the citizenship of the US can even be as well armed as the government has become preposterous. If that's the case, we should have access to nuclear weapons and drones. That's why I'd say remove military grade weapons from the populace. And the same thing would apply that everyone has been talking about in terms of people finding a way...if the need arises, I'm sure those who would overthrow a tyrannical US government could get those weapons.
    "If the need arises", then it's too late to get those weapons.

How can you choose to ignore preamble to the 2nd amendment? If it has nothing to do with militias, then why is it even there? Why isn't the entire text "Americans have the right to bear arms." Can we just ignore other parts of the Bill of Rights, or is this just a special case?

If you want to say we're going to turn into a tyranny, then you don't trust the same founders who crafted and designed our checked and balanced government. Explain to me how a tyrannical overlord takes over this country...seriously. How does a tyrannical dictator come to power where there is no way to remove that person from power other than a coup? We have other procedures and tools given to us other than an armed conflict.
    How? 2008 election.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    And before anyone makes a remark about me being from one of the most racist states in the Union...You're absolutely right!!! LOL!!! Mississippi sucks...but it never gets overrun by zombies!!! LOL!!! Take that California!!!
    I've always pictured a zombie outbreak in the south to go something like this:
    Bubba: "Look Cletus, zombies!"
    Cletus: "Get the guns!"

Bubba: "That's all of em."
    Cletus: "Want a beer?"
    Bubba: "Hell, yeah!"
    And before anyone is offended, in this scenario I play Cletus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

So you suggest Obama is a tyrant.... Interesting.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    @nikvoodoo

I'm waiting to see if Obama is a tyrant or not. He's broken almost ever campaign promise he made so that puts him in the same bucket as every other politician, which didn't surprise me, but if he attempts to force the American people to turn in there guns he will officially be a tyrant. I don't want the government to protect me when I'm more than capable of protecting myself. I wore the US Army uniform in defense of this country and no one had a problem with that but some people seem to have a problem with me keeping my gun when I took the uniform off. I don't understand why.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    @nik, i've got a question for you: why do you feel you have the right to dictate to me what i can or cannot own? don't i have as much a right to personal property as you do? if i am not using my property to violate the rights of someone else, then why do you feel that you have the right to limit what i can own? why do there have to be restrictions on the things that i can buy with my money that i earned at my job?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast