User Tag List

View Poll Results: What kind of survivor would you be?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ringleader

5 27.78%
  • Follower

6 33.33%
  • Libertine

4 22.22%
  • Scoundrel

3 16.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    No, I don't believe that a group needs to be large in order to function well. It simply needs to be well-trained and prepared. Armies require mass in order to function properly. Groups (small groups) do not even require leadership in order to function well. Again that leads back to proper training and preparation. Working towards a goal does not require anyone pointing the way.
    I agree here. I'm a proponent of small, skilled groups getting things done. A lot of people mistake decision-making with leadership. They often go hand-in-hand but do not have to be. How ever the decision on the goal gets made, the small, organized, cohesive group can get it done.

The bigger the group gets, the harder it is to function in this small group way. I've not had any experience in "life-or-death-survival" situations but I have done it in start-up businesses before (and currently). I'll take the small, dedicated, skilled group in those situations every time....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    A touch of everything

A ringleader in the beginning until I get tired of people being idiots, then I turn into a Libertine. After a while and the chaff has been weeded out, I'd enjoy the Scoundrel life and make myself a nice little life. And when shit finally starts getting organized, I'd join the community and make a happy life for myself. Maybe get involved in running the community, as a minor Ringleader.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    A touch of everything

A ringleader in the beginning until I get tired of people being idiots, then I turn into a Libertine. After a while and the chaff has been weeded out, I'd enjoy the Scoundrel life and make myself a nice little life. And when shit finally starts getting organized, I'd join the community and make a happy life for myself. Maybe get involved in running the community, as a minor Ringleader.
    A minor ringleader. Nice.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I agree here. I'm a proponent of small, skilled groups getting things done. A lot of people mistake decision-making with leadership. They often go hand-in-hand but do not have to be. How ever the decision on the goal gets made, the small, organized, cohesive group can get it done.

The bigger the group gets, the harder it is to function in this small group way. I've not had any experience in "life-or-death-survival" situations but I have done it in start-up businesses before (and currently). I'll take the small, dedicated, skilled group in those situations every time....
    I concur, decision-making and leadership are two separate things, often mistaken for being one single entity. However, I think that Michael can do both.

"Scavenger"

Status
    As always, Not One is not on the list. I think I'd be a mite arrogant even assuming I'd make it. :P

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

5 followers ... Awesome.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    As always, Not One is not on the list. I think I'd be a mite arrogant even assuming I'd make it. :P
    Maybe if you just fell in with the right ring leader and not any of those scoundrels... :-)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Scavenger"

Status
    As embarrassed as I am to say it I'd be a follower, with a bit of scoundrel in me. Good for a fight and calm under pressure. If it happens after or during my paramedic training and such I could see falling into a more leader like position. I'd always have a scoundrel streak in me.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixTheLastJumper View Post
    As embarrassed as I am to say it I'd be a follower, with a bit of scoundrel in me. Good for a fight and calm under pressure. If it happens after or during my paramedic training and such I could see falling into a more leader like position. I'd always have a scoundrel streak in me.
    Felix, there is no need to feel embarrassed, because there is no right or wrong answer to the poll. I voted for Follower as well, probably with a scoundrel streak as well - just waiting for the right moment to be activated when a Coup d'État is about to happen.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixTheLastJumper View Post
    Leaders are only as good as their followers, there's no shame or embarrassment in being a follower. Hell, if someone knows what they're doing, I'd be perfectly happy following them, less stress for me
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast