User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The only way to lock posts is to take away people's ability to edit posts. I don't really feel like that's a reasonable solution. We can lock threads, but I think even then you still have the ability to edit posts.....not sure on that. I'll test it in a second.

Honestly, people can try to change their answers if they want, but I'll know that they did it because there is a paper trail. And not gonna lie, I think I missed in the first post where it was a character and chapter prediction. There's no way we can do a poll for that. It would be crazy. So lets just take that idea right out of here.

Then we have nothing more to really discuss in terms of the function: Post in this thread who will kill Scratch and when they'll do it. If you win, you'll win a prize of rep points definitely and possibly something else.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The only way to lock posts is to take away people's ability to edit posts. I don't really feel like that's a reasonable solution. We can lock threads, but I think even then you still have the ability to edit posts.....not sure on that. I'll test it in a second.

Honestly, people can try to change their answers if they want, but I'll know that they did it because there is a paper trail. And not gonna lie, I think I missed in the first post where it was a character and chapter prediction. There's no way we can do a poll for that. It would be crazy. So lets just take that idea right out of here.

Then we have nothing more to really discuss in terms of the function: Post in this thread who will kill Scratch and when they'll do it. If you win, you'll win a prize of rep points definitely and possibly something else.
    Easy. If the post says "Edited" it's disqualified.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    You could do that too. I was just saying we have the ability to look back to the original post.

Once we lock the thread, there can be no changes made by regular users. I could go through all the groups, but I really don't think that will change.

Hi... How you doing there little test...
    He was doing fine until I banished him to the land of deletion.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Nov 28th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

Thanks for looking into the edit thing, nik. And thanks for the input form you and Kc.

Here's my thoughts rolled up in one post:

After the season 3 finale and assuming Scratch is still alive and kicking, we'll start the "Get Scratch Contest" thread. It'll be open until the day the 1st episode of Season 4 comes out. That day, the thread will be locked by an admin.

In the thread, each user that wants to play will post with the name of a character that he/she thinks will kill Scratch and which Chapter it will happen in. Special options for "A character introduced in Season 4" and "Nobody kills Scratch" will be accepted as entries as well.

Editing a post disqualifies that entry. If a user posts more than once, the latest of the posts is taken as the user's entry.

There may be multiple winners - each of the winners will get rep points (amount TBD before the contest) and possibly an additional mystery prize (TBD by forum admins and/or Kc).

Anything I missed or that you think should change?
    Last edited by scbubba; Nov 28th, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Thanks for looking into the edit thing, nik. And thanks for the input form you and Kc.

Here's my thoughts rolled up in one post:

After the season 3 finale and assuming Scratch is still alive and kicking, we'll start the "Get Scratch Contest" thread. It'll be open until the day the 1st episode of Season 4 comes out. That day, the thread will be locked by an admin.

In the thread, each user that wants to play will post with the name of a character that he/she thinks will kill Scratch and which Chapter it will happen in. Special options for "A character introduced in Season 4" and "Nobody kills Scratch" will be accepted as entries as well.

Editing a post disqualifies that entry. If a user posts more than once, the latest of the posts is taken as the user's entry.

There may be multiple winners - each of the winners will get rep points (amount TBD before the contest) and possibly an additional mystery prize (TBD by forum admins and/or Kc).

Anything I missed or that you think should change?
    I'd be fine with it, and the conclusion of the series is already set and won't change, so go for it.
    THIS CONFIRMS OR DENIES NOTHING!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

THIS CONFIRMS OR DENIES NOTHING!
    We all know that you are too good to tip your hat on something like this....

Thanks for your support in this!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Ok, set up the board, scbubba... this is your baby. I'm taking Scratch in part one of the last chapter (maybe Kc can give us a complete list of chapters sans titles for the final season), via Hope... right after Scratch kills Michael while he's trying to defend Pegs. Pegs also dies as a result of the wound that Scratch deals her.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

LET'S DO THIS.

joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    LET'S DO THIS.

This guy. Right there.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Ok, set up the board, scbubba... this is your baby. I'm taking Scratch in part one of the last chapter (maybe Kc can give us a complete list of chapters sans titles for the final season), via Hope... right after Scratch kills Michael while he's trying to defend Pegs. Pegs also dies as a result of the wound that Scratch deals her.
    Cool. Thanks for the input.

Not sure yet what we need to do for determining the # of rep points on the line... Still looking for input (or a decision from nik or Kc?) on that.

But I'll put up the Scratch Deadpool thread right after Chapter 36 is out. It'll have the details for playing, prizes, etc. Maybe someone can make it sticky too.

Last couple of questions....

1) Which section to put it under? (Characters was my 1st thought)

2) What thread title that gets the point across without also being spoileristic? (I like "The Scratch Deadpool" but not sure if that's considered spoiler material or not....)

Thanks ya'll!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast