User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status

Theory On Hope and Datu

I've been thinking about this for a while now and this is my first post on the forums so please spare me
    I'm not sure if anyone else has brought but I think there is a meaning behind Hopes name.
    Her name could be some kind of metaphor for hope.
    I believe she is Datu's last bit of hope he has left in humanity.
    Datu has always had a pretty happy attitude except for when his chick died in the hockey rink.
    And now he somehow finds Hope, her daughter. Now in episode 34 he needs to protect her and find their way back to the others.
    This got me thinking, what if Hope dies. Will she be the final straw for Datu to finally quit his happy attitude and give up on humanity?

Thats pretty much the extent of my thoughts hahaha
    Sorry I'm not the best writer and my thoughts are just everywhere.
    But I'd like to see what you guys think about that

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    I don't think Hope is going to die - or if she does, it'll be a tragic accident rather than by biter. Hope is no Tommy. I think Hope and Datu's relationship is already pretty clear - she's the one thing he cares about most, I agree. This may manifest itself later, but I don't think it'll play out to be that important per se. I do think that even if most major characters end up dying in Season 4, Hope and Datu will live. Or maybe they'll die together. I agree that their fates are bound together. Datu has already suffered greatly by losing Samantha, to make him lose Hope too is just... unnecessarily cruel, and not really in keeping with the show's themes. What would be more likely is if Hope was kidnapped or some such that Datu would do unspeakable acts to help her, ala Kalani/Hannah, and what was hinted at with the Saul/Lizzie thing.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fridginators View Post
    ...What would be more likely is if Hope was kidnapped or some such that Datu would do unspeakable acts to help her, ala Kalani/Hannah, and what was hinted at with the Saul/Lizzie thing.
    Or Datu undertakes a heroic, solo rescue mission, with only his pickaxe and his trusty tools to help him defeat an army of Mallers or Little Ones? Like the Taken movies.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will repair a helicopter with which to kill you"