User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    But seriously, I am excited to see where the story goes from here. Far more into this story line than the Colony one. But wait another few weeks when we are into a Colony story and I will say the opposite thing. I love them all Kc. Thanks.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by strmrdr23 View Post
    it'd be ironic if Datu looked at the nuke flash and got blinded and now has to depend on Hope to get around (if her eye surgery was indeed a success).
    Rofl!

It's been a while since I've wanted to re-listen to an episode over and over again! I can't get enough of this episode! It's soooo good! I'm completely blown away at how well KC and the team engineer the environments only using sound! How the hell do you guys do that?!

So here are some questions about Nukes. I'm aware that there is an EMP effect from Nuclear explosions but what exactly does an EMP do? Does it fry all electronics? Or just electronics that are currently switched on? Does it just affect copper/metal based circuitry or would it also affect carbon based circuits and fiber optics? What about a battery? It's got big lead plates in it but if the terminals aren't connected does it still get cooked?
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    Rofl!

It's been a while since I've wanted to re-listen to an episode over and over again! I can't get enough of this episode! It's soooo good! I'm completely blown away at how well KC and the team engineer the environments only using sound! How the hell do you guys do that?!

So here are some questions about Nukes. I'm aware that there is an EMP effect from Nuclear explosions but what exactly does an EMP do? Does it fry all electronics? Or just electronics that are currently switched on? Does it just affect copper/metal based circuitry or would it also affect carbon based circuits and fiber optics? What about a battery? It's got big lead plates in it but if the terminals aren't connected does it still get cooked?
    Blown away, heh heh heh.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    But seriously, I am excited to see where the story goes from here. Far more into this story line than the Colony one. But wait another few weeks when we are into a Colony story and I will say the opposite thing. I love them all Kc. Thanks.
    Knowing KC, we probably heading to the Other Tower and find what Pete and Glenn have been up to and maybe a visit from the Pimp Zombie and Zombie Killer.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Knowing KC, we probably heading to the Other Tower and find what Pete and Glenn have been up to and maybe a visit from the Pimp Zombie and Zombie Killer.
    Is that Ghost Face Zombie Killah?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gossett View Post
    I hope I'm not the only person to be disappointed when Datu said he left Lady with Pegs and Kelly. I'm not a fan of either character, but i don't think Kc would kill a dog. Any ideas on how they escape?
    My grandmother (the one who used to watch them test A-Bombs because we're from Las Vegas) and I spent most of the day trying to figure the factors out.
    Boulder is roughly 25 square miles (64.75 km roughly) and the bomb is actually fairly small, at it's most deadly at 1.7 miles (2.74 km) with 98% dead (i think?) and dwindling down to 4% at 4.7 miles (75.64 km). Now not saying that they will not suffer any damage but with the size of boulder [and assuming they're on the edge given Datu's description] it's really hard to say, if they are farther out they have a higher chance of being alive.

But the blast isn't the only thing that can kill in this situation, you have debris falling from high in the air, the earth shaking could damage outlying sturctures, the light can blind, the sound can deafen, and of course radiation sickness.

Damn, it don't sound good.

My only thought is that these are the main cast, they don't just get blown away (hehe...sorry) even Angel who got a shot to the head with no real lines had a set up. I think we will see these characters again.
    Kelly didn't get to be so awesome to be killed bomb.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Actually, newer cars have sensors to determine the quality of the gas, and would compensate for the deteriorated potential energy and all-out-dirtiness of the breakdown by adjusting any combination of spark/fuel injector PWM/air flow...etc, to keep it running. Albeit still running like shit, I'd give a newer car a better chance at being able to handle 'stale' gas. (Software verification engineer for Engine Control Modules for one of the larger automakers chiming in here... Now to climb down off my soapbox)
    alright....thats fucking cool

Guess I'm more familiar with old tech vs new, but I believe it would be fair to say then....in lieu of a "brand new" car/truck, I'd go for the old 74 Camaro before I went for the 92 Camaro with its tuned port injection, easily fouled, plugged and completely useless

Also....you just shot waaaaaaaaay up on my list of people I like here
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    alright....thats fucking cool

Guess I'm more familiar with old tech vs new, but I believe it would be fair to say then....in lieu of a "brand new" car/truck, I'd go for the old 74 Camaro before I went for the 92 Camaro with its tuned port injection, easily fouled, plugged and completely useless

Also....you just shot waaaaaaaaay up on my list of people I like here
    While we're on the topic of Apocalyptic fuel issues it would have been cool if Bio-diesel had come up. I've also had some hilarious chatter with friends about taming zombies and using them in a zombie-drawn cart style machine. That or sticking a few of them in a big zombie-hamster-wheel to generate electricity.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Bio diesel is a cool option, or hell...convert all the way over to pure vegetable oil power....im sure there's tons of liters of the stuff left in various places....heh, one thing I want to try one day is convert a motorcycle over to run on moonshine....ride to your destination, then get hammered on the leftover fuel! Awesome
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Bio diesel is a cool option, or hell...convert all the way over to pure vegetable oil power....im sure there's tons of liters of the stuff left in various places....heh, one thing I want to try one day is convert a motorcycle over to run on moonshine....ride to your destination, then get hammered on the leftover fuel! Awesome
    They could also be growing bio-diesel from crops or from or algae or if there is any fat left on any zombies, even the zombies themselves.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast