User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I sounds like there were never very many satphones in service between Boulder and Fort Irwin. Most of the comms between the two seem to have been local phones that were routed through a "gateway" on either end to relay it via satellite. The Boulder gateway is gone now, and as far as we know there are, at most, only two satphones remaining with the Boulder survivors, one of which came from Fort Irwin with the air assault teams.

So whose phone number is on the satphone that Saul and Victor have? Is it one of the ones that Kimmet and Michael have, or one of the ones that went to Boulder?

I don't think there's any possibility of Fort Irwin hearing Saul/Victor/CJ's police radio communications. Police radios have comparatively short range, and require networks of repeaters to communicate over long distances. The Dunbar crew had to set up their own network of repeaters to be able to communicate the way they're doing it, probably powering them with solar power sources. I doubt that a chain of suitable repeaters ever existed between LA and Fort Irwin, and if it did the repeaters would have gone down when the power did.

I know the Military Police at Fort Irwin used commercial police radios when I was there, but I don't know if that is still the case.
    Would the SAT-phones from FT Irwin all be on the same feq.?

Side-note Should Kimmet start feeling the guilt of send the chopper to Boulder then the base by now?

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    Or is he?? I picture Kimmet like Col. Jessup in A Few Good Men

Michael: Colonel Kimmet! Did you order the Nuking of Boulder?!!
    Carl: You don't have to answer that question sir!
    Kimmet: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
    Michael: I think I'm entitled to them.
    Kimmet: You want answers?!
    Michael: I want the truth!
    Kimmet: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls and Sat Phones, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns and who use those Sat Phones. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sgt. Cross? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Boulder, and you curse my Sat Phone. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Boulder’s demise , while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties at the tower, you want me on that wall… you need me on that phone.
    We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty” and “PX Credit." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
    I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way… writing in your Diary. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!
    Michael: Did you order the Nuking of Boulder?
    Kimmet: I did the job I was --
    Michael: -- Did you order the Nuking of Boulder?!
    Kimmet: You're god damn right I did!!!
    bravo (applause from the audience)

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    was it an avalanche or were we hearing the shockwave? a nuke is a hell of a boom, especially modern nukes, and when they go off, the ground shakes, your knees quake, the air charges around you, it's a crazy thing.

now for the real question: are they boulderites, or boulderinians?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    I don't think there's any possibility of Fort Irwin hearing Saul/Victor/CJ's police radio communications. Police radios have comparatively short range, and require networks of repeaters to communicate over long distances. The Dunbar crew had to set up their own network of repeaters to be able to communicate the way they're doing it, probably powering them with solar power sources. I doubt that a chain of suitable repeaters ever existed between LA and Fort Irwin, and if it did the repeaters would have gone down when the power did.

I know the Military Police at Fort Irwin used commercial police radios when I was there, but I don't know if that is still the case.
    I’ll be the first to admit that the idea was a long shot but with your information it makes the idea sound even more unlikely. Thanks for the information, Cabbage Patch.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    was it an avalanche or were we hearing the shockwave? a nuke is a hell of a boom, especially modern nukes, and when they go off, the ground shakes, your knees quake, the air charges around you, it's a crazy thing.

Boulderinians if they were created by Ink, and boulderites if they are a product of Ink's creations ;-P

"Hoarder"

Status

So whose phone number is on the satphone that Saul and Victor have? Is it one of the ones that Kimmet and Michael have, or one of the ones that went to Boulder?

I'm sure that the Sat Phone has all the contact info in there for all the other Sat Phones and the most important contact in that contact list is going to say something like "HQ" or "TOC"

Along with the thing about the radios we had Motorola XTS radios, they were off the shelf sets and are essentially the same thing cops use but they had a different fill and a higher grade encryption

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Would the SAT-phones from FT Irwin all be on the same feq.?
    They work like a regular phone... think of a cell phone but, but instead of using a cell tower a half mile away it just beams the signal up to a satelite

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    Neither.. they are just dead. Sign seen flying in the wind above the remains of Boulder City hall "We're Not Alive"

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Is there any mention of when Hope can remove her bandages? I'm trying to conceive of what will be the first thing she sees. Before listening to 34-2, I actually thought (because I'm twisted) that she'd open her eyes, see the beautiful Rocky Mountains before her, then suddenly go blind again as the flash from the nuke went off.
    Wow, that's kind of fucked up.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Is there any mention of when Hope can remove her bandages? I'm trying to conceive of what will be the first thing she sees. Before listening to 34-2, I actually thought (because I'm twisted) that she'd open her eyes, see the beautiful Rocky Mountains before her, then suddenly go blind again as the flash from the nuke went off.
    Wow, that's kind of fucked up.
    I also think that's fucked up. And totally want to see that happen. It will be my second favorite scene after the one where Burt and Scratch fall into a volcano together as they fight to the death.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast